Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Appeal Filed  (Read 35570 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Appeal Filed
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »
Is there any sort of dialogue between you and your wife regarding a possible arrangement?  I know you mentioned Larivee and possibly working something out, or are you waiting for the appeal result? 
I'm trying both. The dialog with my wife is at a standstill however.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
It is great that you are currently able to get information as you always should have been for the last 4.5 years! Do you know if this BCA case manager works with all cases from the US that the other parents with kids in Brazil should also start finding out more information than they used to? I'd like to think it would shame OCI into doing their job as their Brazilian counterpart, so to speak, is doing OCI's job better, but I think that is very overly optimistic thinking.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 07:37:04 AM »
I don't know if he handles all of the other cases. One thing he told me on the phone is that he is sure that if the BCA had not insisted on a meeting with the judge, my paperwork would be sitting on his desk for another year, as it had for the past.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »
Well, I'm quite glad that he is actually working on getting cases moving through the courts system in a more timely manner (not that I think your case is rapidly moving, but he certainly has sped things up from your description). It's maddening how things just sit if not prodded along by someone from BCA. It sounds as if there the squeaky wheel gets the grease and he certainly seems to know how to squeak well, so to speak.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
I received this as part of an email from my "new" case manager at the BCA. Not only is it wonderful to hear, but he sent it on a Saturday!

"You don't have to thank me, because it's my responsibility and pleasure to help."

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
Does this mean Daisy is no longer the case worker? I've been trying to get an update on the decisions made in my case lately for 3weeks and haven't heard a thing from her...

Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 06:06:31 AM »
Does this mean Daisy is no longer the case worker? I've been trying to get an update on the decisions made in my case lately for 3weeks and haven't heard a thing from her...
She is still the case manager at the OCI. The last I heard, she was pulled from the job to assist in the crises in Northern Africa. About a month ago, I wrote an email in desperation to the BCA. School was starting and my children were not registered yet. The case manager there responded by telling me that I had said the magic words(whatever they were) and he was now going to treat my case differently (as he does all new incoming cases to him). He obviously recognizes the problems in the system and is willing to go outside protocols in an effort to assist LBPs.

For many years, I followed my case track through the electronic dockets as I had learned not to expect updates from the OCI.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:08:56 AM by tweinstein »

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
She is still the case manager at the OCI. The last I heard, she was pulled from the job to assist in the crises in Northern Africa. About a month ago, I wrote an email in desperation to the BCA. School was starting and my children were not registered yet. The case manager there responded by telling me that I had said the magic words(whatever they were) and he was now going to treat my case differently (as he does all new incoming cases to him). He obviously recognizes the problems in the system and is willing to go outside protocols in an effort to assist LBPs.

For many years, I followed my case track through the electronic dockets as I had learned not to expect updates from the OCI.

Do you have the contact email for anyone at the BCA so that I can inquire about my issue of non communication??
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
Mate I will be speaking with Francisco from the BCA tomorrow on a conference call and will try and subtlely bring up the issues that you have faced with delays and how that impacts us all as LBP.

I think if I mention that we all talk then they might get more of feeling we are banding together and so put more pressure on him to do a good job, although I think from what I have read here that Francisco has been doing a better job than just about anyone and so with everyone's permission I will make that point to him that we are all very pleased with the efforts he has been making on our behalf up to this point since he came into the job.

Simon
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »
Mate I will be speaking with Francisco from the BCA tomorrow on a conference call and will try and subtlely bring up the issues that you have faced with delays and how that impacts us all as LBP.

I think if I mention that we all talk then they might get more of feeling we are banding together and so put more pressure on him to do a good job, although I think from what I have read here that Francisco has been doing a better job than just about anyone and so with everyone's permission I will make that point to him that we are all very pleased with the efforts he has been making on our behalf up to this point since he came into the job.

Simon
Please mention to him exactly what you said in this post. So far, he is truly a gem among rocks.

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
Will do my best Tim.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
I guess bad news comes in pairs. Not only did the appeals court continue to allow Brazil to defy the Hague Convention (they denied my appeal yesterday), George at the BCA took a new job. At this point, I have no details about the ruling other than the outcome nor about the approach that will be taken by George's replacement.

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 05:38:04 PM »
I guess bad news comes in pairs. Not only did the appeals court continue to allow Brazil to defy the Hague Convention (they denied my appeal yesterday), George at the BCA took a new job. At this point, I have no details about the ruling other than the outcome nor about the approach that will be taken by George's replacement.

Did they judged the appeal???

That'ss ********** I have no words to express my frustration about this...It makes me think if there's some conspiracy behind this replacement, unbelieveble...=(

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
The exact wording that I received in the email from the BCA was, "The panel voted for against our appeal and therefore the children must remain in Brazil." At this point, this is all that I know. Sadly, as I have lost all faith in the Brazilian legal system, the result was not unexpected.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 08:47:29 PM »
Tim, I don't know what to say... I'm so very sorry! :(((
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org