Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Appeal Filed  (Read 35569 times)

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
Re: Appeal Filed
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2011, 08:57:54 PM »
Tim, from everyone's issues with Brazil, I cannot blame you for having lost all your faith in the Brazilian legal system. However, I doubt that makes it any easier to get the news you received today. I wish I had words that could fix things or bring comfort, but I know that I do not. We stand here with you and everyone else separated from their kids. We continue to hope, pray and do what we can so that something will change so that you and others can have the active role in your kid's lives that you so desperately want and comes from them living with you.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
One step forward, two steps back.

For what it's worth, I'm really sorry Tim.

Not that it really makes much difference but have they told what excuse they are using to justify your children's continued retention?

What is next in terms of the legal process?  I believe it's just the Brazilian Supreme Court but I've never quite understood the distinction between the STF and STJ.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 04:23:46 PM »
I guess bad news comes in pairs. Not only did the appeals court continue to allow Brazil to defy the Hague Convention (they denied my appeal yesterday), George at the BCA took a new job. At this point, I have no details about the ruling other than the outcome nor about the approach that will be taken by George's replacement.

This would suck big time. I have already sent a messge to Daisy and to my Congressman's office asking them to find out what happened and why. I actually talked with Poe's office about this and they were very concerned as well. I will let you all know if I find anything out. Tim I'm sorry to hear about the latest. I am here to help you as much as I can. Work out a deal Tim no matter what the cost is here in the US. Get your kids back and then start your life over with them. The rest will come on it's own.

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »
I guess bad news comes in pairs. Not only did the appeals court continue to allow Brazil to defy the Hague Convention (they denied my appeal yesterday), George at the BCA took a new job. At this point, I have no details about the ruling other than the outcome nor about the approach that will be taken by George's replacement.

This would suck big time. I have already sent a messge to Daisy and to my Congressman's office asking them to find out what happened and why. I actually talked with Poe's office about this and they were very concerned as well. I will let you all know if I find anything out. Tim I'm sorry to hear about the latest. I am here to help you as much as I can. Work out a deal Tim no matter what the cost is here in the US. Get your kids back and then start your life over with them. The rest will come on it's own.

E-mail I just received from Daisy. We will see if I am good hands.

Good Afternoon Mr. Pate,

Yes, George is no longer at the BCA.  His last day was Friday, March 18, 2011.  He has accepted a new position with the Brazilian Government.  His replacement is Mrs. Julia Saadi.  I have spoken to her and she is very knowledgeable in the area of international parental child abduction.  Please rest assure that you are in good hands. 

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
I hope she is good, though I doubt that it is possible to equal the level of concern and service that George provided. I believe that had my son not told me of the ruling, I would still be waiting to know.

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
I hope she is good, though I doubt that it is possible to equal the level of concern and service that George provided. I believe that had my son not told me of the ruling, I would still be waiting to know.

I beg to differ with you on that one. If he had that much concern, he would still be in that position. Please tell me you are not that gullable that you fall for that trap. These people could give a rat's a!@#s what happens with you or your children. I say that because at the end of the day, it is just a job for them. I know they certainly don't care about mine either. So I'm working the same angle they are. I don't care about their personal lives the same way they don't care about mine. Give me what I want and more importantly, what me and my daughter DESERVE, and we can all ride away into the sunset.

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 11:16:54 PM »
What is next in terms of the legal process?  I believe it's just the Brazilian Supreme Court but I've never quite understood the distinction between the STF and STJ.

STJ - the last instance about appliance and interpretation of federal laws.
STF - the last instance about appliance and interpretation of the Constitution (and constitutional matters).

In theory, it's possible to appeal to both Courts.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:18:41 PM by André Felipe »

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
I believe that had my son not told me of the ruling, I would still be waiting to know.

You learned this from your son?  Are are your kids holding up and what are they being told? 

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 12:30:47 PM »

Good Afternoon Mr. Pate,

Yes, George is no longer at the BCA.  His last day was Friday, March 18, 2011.  He has accepted a new position with the Brazilian Government.  His replacement is Mrs. Julia Saadi.  I have spoken to her and she is very knowledgeable in the area of international parental child abduction.  Please rest assure that you are in good hands.  

Oh, how comforting that sounds! As if she has done any due diligence on this woman to be in a position to make that statement!

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »
I believe that had my son not told me of the ruling, I would still be waiting to know.

You learned this from your son?  Are are your kids holding up and what are they being told? 

I was surprised to see that his son told him of this.  I'm sure he wishes he could "go home".  I do hope that Tim's wife will come to her senses and do what's right for their children and not be selfish and only take herself into consideration.  That may be asking a lot though.   :rolleyes:

Sorry Tim to hear of your latest set-back.  Ridiculous!
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »

Good Afternoon Mr. Pate,

Yes, George is no longer at the BCA.  His last day was Friday, March 18, 2011.  He has accepted a new position with the Brazilian Government.  His replacement is Mrs. Julia Saadi.  I have spoken to her and she is very knowledgeable in the area of international parental child abduction.  Please rest assure that you are in good hands.  

Oh, how comforting that sounds! As if she has done any due diligence on this woman to be in a position to make that statement!

By no means am I defending her Mark but we do not know what she has done as far as due diligence. Surely she must have done something or knows something to make that statement. See the e-mail I got from her today. Apparently Francisco George will be attending the meeting with the residing judge on my case next Monday. I believe with all my heart that we are close to a resolution but I am also cautiously optimistic.

Good Afternoon Mr. Pate,

The BCA has informed me that on March 28, 2011, Francisco George and Julia Saadi along with the U.S. Consular agent in Manaus will be meeting with the sitting judge on your case.  I am gratified to hear that George will be part of this meeting.  As soon as I get a formal readout of the outcome I will let you know.

Best Regards,

Daisy Cardiel
Abductions Case Officer
Office of Children's Issues
U.S. Department of State

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

Good Afternoon Mr. Pate,

At this point, it does NOT seem like we are in good hands. This was the reply, in its entirety, that I got to the first email that I sent her:

Mr. Weinstein,

For any information on your Case, contact the U.S. Central Authority, Mrs. Daisy Cardiel.

Att.

Julia Sáddi

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2011, 05:25:09 PM »
What the hell do these people do?  This is there job and they are completely worthless, pushing you left behind parents aside as if this is nothing.  I can't believe this. 

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
My attorney called her yesterday in Brasil and apparently she leaves the office at 3pm. I am waiting to see what happened when she called her today for an update but there was no email when I got home so that means she did not speak to her today.

This is how Brazil has decided to F### with the Hague now, put an incompetent person in at the BCA.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
My attorney called her yesterday in Brasil and apparently she leaves the office at 3pm. I am waiting to see what happened when she called her today for an update but there was no email when I got home so that means she did not speak to her today.

This is how Brazil has decided to F### with the Hague now, put an incompetent person in at the BCA.

One step forward and two steps back.  I'm sorry guys.