Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Updates to the Liam McCarty Case  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Updates to the Liam McCarty Case
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »
I just received the following on Facebook.  

Janet Morrill Barber April 2 at 7:47pm

As follows is the latest update regarding Michael McCarty's recent visit with Liam. Please share this information with others, and please consider making even a small contribution to help with the travel expenses needed to reunite father and son. Thank you for your ongoing support!

Posted by Michael Landsman (March 26, 2010): This week Michael McCarty returned from his 2rd trip within the past 3 weeks to see his son Liam in Rome .

After 3 long years of separation, Liam and Michael are finally permitted to spend brief periods of time together; they played soccer and fooseball, and even went to the movies. Despite all he has been through Liam... is very receptive to Michael's visits and clearly recalls the strong bond they shared before he was kidnapped in March 2007.

The recent visits are encouraging. However, there are still many obstacles to overcome. Each visit lasts only 1-2 hours, and there is currently only one visit allowed per trip.

We need to continue to press the Italian authorities to recognize Michaelís parental rights and permit Liam to be reunited with his father. We also need to continue to raise the funds required for Michael to travel to Rome on a regular basis for at least the next several months.

We would like to thank everyone for their continued support.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 09:52:07 PM by Bree »
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman