Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael McCarty - interview on Fox 4/17  (Read 5783 times)

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Michael McCarty - interview on Fox 4/17
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
Just read that Liam's father, Michael, will be appearing on Fox & Friends tomorrow (Saturday) at 08:20EST.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
Re: Michael McCarty - interview on Fox 4/17
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:40:10 PM »
Thank you for sharing! I will try to watch it!

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »
I'll try to watch it too... I hope everything is going well for Michael and Liam. I've been trying to find some news about them.

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
I won't be home tomorrow morning, so I hope the interview will be posted online. If anyone sees it online, would you please post the link? I would greatly appreciate it. I've been looking for any new news about Michael and Liam but haven't found anything. I hope it's a good interview and that the both of them will be back home "together" very soon.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 08:31:54 AM »
Seems like Italy is changing the rules again. This poor guy. Four days out of every 14 spent traveling for a 1 hour visit with his son, visits which will now be spent in a room behind a two-way mirror as Italy announces that their time together needs to be monitored. They're basically saying that they feel a need to be extremely cautious - that a few great visits together doesn't mean that Michael and Liam have overcome the "years of problems." How does Italy expect them to overcome anything when they're only allowed 1 hour every 2 weeks? I'd imagine the first 15 minutes are spent saying hello and the last 15 minutes are spent worrying about saying goodbye - so what? maybe 30 minutes of quality time together?

Italy, what are you thinking!?!? Return Liam to his father already!!

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 12:14:55 PM »
M.C.

Who is Marty's Rep? Maybe we should ban together, put the pressure on him to travel to
Italy with Marty a few times, like Congressman Smith did with David. Maybe it would
help get Liam back home again. This is just so unfair to Marty and Liam and I can even
begin to imagine the damage that is being done daily on Liam.

Offline JerseyGirl

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 12:46:31 PM »
I can't believe he is getting so little time with him.  What do they expect?  Honestly - it's probably because they did not expect the bond to still be so strong.   Now they have to back-track and put more obstacles in Michael's way.   Keep fighting!

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 01:32:37 PM »
Can we get Chris Smith involved again? I know he doesn't represent Michael's district.. but he didn't represent David's district either.

I hope Michael was able to make it out to Italy this morning.. with the airports in Europe closed due to the Volcanic ash..

Offline kittykat

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful if Michael went with a female relative, like his mother or sister. A lot of people just don't feel comfortable with a man raising a child, even if the mother is dead. I remember reading about a case in Germany about 10 years ago. It was 2 kids that had a German mother and American father. The German mother had custody and was living with them in Germany but at some point she became mentally ill and was sent to live in a mental hospital. The children were put into a foster home, not of extended family members but just strangers. The father attempted to get them back to bring them to the US, but the German social services wouldn't allow it. They said it would be "traumatic" for them to be uprooted to another country. They wouldn't even allow the father to visit them in the foster home, again saying it would be "traumatic" for them, but not demonstrating exactly why. The funny thing was that they did allow the children's paternal grandmother to visit them. What explanation? None, but it has to be because of blatant sexism. A lot of people just feel that men can't relate to children. As far as I know, he never got them back and they lived permanently with the foster family and got visits a few times a year from their paternal grandmother but never from their father.

Anyway, maybe if Michael had his mother or sister with him on these visits and assured the Italian authorities that they would be involved in Liam's upbringing if they allowed him to come back to the US that would help. Personally, I don't agree with this attitude. Human beings possess free will and behave how they want to. But you have to deal with reality. Anyway, just a suggestion!

Offline Audax

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 12:02:21 AM »
I hope Michael was able to make it out to Italy this morning.. with the airports in Europe closed due to the Volcanic ash..

Unfortunately Michael was unable to fly to Italy today. His flight was cancelled due to the volcano eruption.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
Do we have any new information?   I tried the Save Liam site as well as FB, but I can't find anything.