Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nadia Dabbagh reunited with mother!  (Read 2610 times)

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
Nadia Dabbagh reunited with mother!
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
I am sure most of the LBP's here are familiar with the story of Nadia Dabbagh and the subsequent efforts her mother Maureen has put into the cause of parental kidnapping. Well, she wrote me an e-mail the other day that said Nadia has contacted her after seventeen years and they are in touch again. This makes me happy.

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
Re: Nadia Dabbagh reunited with mother!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm not familiar at all with this story.. but after 17 years! That is great! There's still hope.. but sadly mom missed most of Nadia's growing up years. But , I'm glad there in touch again.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like for her after 17 years.  I hope I don't find out either..  Do they speak the same language still?
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
She does speak English, from what I know, as she called her mother.

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:29 AM »
I'm so happy to read that they've been reunited but it is so sad that it took 17 years. Years
lost and not to be made up. Hopefully they will be able to have the close mother-daughter
relationship that they should have had when it was stolen from them.

Offline Trl2159

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 10:52:02 PM »
Unfortunately, Maureen lost her battle to cancer on November 2, 2016. There is actually a movie to be made about Nadia. It's unfortunate that the last time Maureen saw Nadia was in 2012 I believe. She only wanted her children to all be together at once. As a matter of fact, her last dying wish was to have all 6 of her children and the 5 of her grandchildren to be in one room before she passed away. She did not receiver her wish unfortunately but she is still around in spirit and I am sure she visits Nadia when she wants to now.