Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Manzi abduction case  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
Manzi abduction case
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
November 24, 2006: My two daughters ages 6 and 13 were abducted by their father to London-Uk. After a year long battle the judge ordered Roberto Manzi to return Chelsea and Bailey to the USA. Instead, using fraudulent passports, he decided to flee to Brazil where we are all originated from,(apart from the younger one Bailey who is an US citizen) as he knows it's a country you could get away with mostly anything. Now, we are still waiting for the judge's decision which would be held on the 6 Vara do TRF in Goiania- Goias. There is no day that goes by that I don't think of them and I really hope that the justice in Brazil would be fair to all of those left-behind parents who are struggling to get their kids back where they belong.

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
Re: Manzi abduction case
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »
Well you have a HUGE support group with us right here.  I keep saying that by the time we're done with David, we'll be such a well oiled machine by then, we'll know who the right people to contact, and so forth.  As a mother who's been in this situation, I can relate to your pain also.  Call upon us anytime.
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:33:21 PM »
I don't have anyways of communications, whatsoever! That's what is killing me...

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Alezio;8907
I don't have anyways of communications, whatsoever! That's what is killing me...

Alezio it's brutal and perverted BUT you can and will get through this.

I had a social beer with two other parents a while ago in the UK - one American, Josef Cannon, one Swedish, Kenth Anderson and myself - all of us having to deal with no communication or knowledge of what was happening with our kids for years - someone was listening in on the three of us and a girl asked, "How do you deal with this?" and Josef quick as a flash said, "You have no choice!"

If you need to talk you can talk to me anytime - I'm emailing you my telephone number and contact information.

Don't quit and don't get run down and don't think for one second you're alone.

Cheers

Karl
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:18:45 PM »
It's hard not to become cynical when you see someone win a Hague case in one country only to have to fight another one in another country.  

Can someone please explain to me why all these abducting parents cut off all contact with the other parent?  What is it they hope to gain by not at least sending news and pictures of the children to the other parent?  I can at least somewhat understand why they don't have any contact while their hiding, but once they've been located and the long legal process begins why make it more acrimonious than it needs to be by continuing the total seperation of parent and child?  I can't imagine they believe that by lack of contact the other parent will give up or forget about their children.  Like David, I was unwilling to sign away my rights for the promise that they will then allow me visitations, pictures and news of my son.  I can't imagine there are many parents who would do so, and in any case, how can you trust someone that just abducted your child(ren) to honor their side of the agreement once you sign it?
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 05:06:54 PM »
Thank's for all the support!!! We've being trying to find out how my ex-husband left London since all their passports were retained by the England police. We've contacted the brazilian and italian consulates(he and my children also had italian citizenship)but they did not issue new ones for them. He sure forged them and that's a crime!