Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: They are still there!!!  (Read 7473 times)

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
They are still there!!!
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:21:14 PM »
 It has been a while since I last wrote here, but a lot has going on on my case in Brazil. My ex-husband lost the custody of my children and they were sent to live with my brother in Goiania. The police found out he had changed the numbers on his license plate, meaning he had plans to flee with them. He was sent to jail for 2 months and when he got out he was not allowed to get close to the children at all. I, on the other hand, got closer to my daughters through skype and phone. At the beginning it was very difficult to form a relationship with them because we had lost it for more than 3 years(no phone calls, no other form of comunication). They had grown so much! My youngest one who was 4 when kidnapped, now 7, wasn't even recognizing me. Just heartbreaking! But as day passed she started to remember our times together. It probably took 2 months since they were in my brother's custody for my oldest to totally accept me back in her life. Surprisingly, a month later she wanted to come back to the USA something she fought all those time they were with their father. They've been living with my brother for 8 months now, and anxious to come home. I talk to them every single day and now that the parental alienation is gone,(thank God!)they are very close to me and don't want to even talk to their father on the phone anymore.
I had my chance to talk to the judge via Skype 2 months ago and the children also were visited by the judge on their school. The children were also seeing by the court's assigned psychologist to make sure their wishes on coming back were genuine.
As for now, the case was sent back to Brasilia so the 3 High Court Judges can decide wether they stay or come.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: They are still there!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
While I'm sorry to know that you're not yet reunited, I think this is truly great news. I'm so happy that you've had a chance to reconnect with your children and to learn that you are so very close to bringing them home. You're truly blessed to have a brother who was willing to take your girls in and support them and you through this transition. Thanks so much for the update. Please continue to keep us informed and let us know when your girls are headed home.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 08:35:44 PM by M.Capestro »

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »
Keep fighting...one day you'll have your children
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »
How great that you finally have contact with your children and moreso that they aren't under the control of their dad.  I can't wait for the day to log on and see that your children are home with you.  God bless your brother for taking them in and providing them with a way to have daily contact with you.  It sounds as though your reunion may be very very close. 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
It's great that they want to come home to you! Hope that happens real soon for you! :yeahthat

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
How wonderful that you've been able too reconnect and develop the bond with your children. It won't
be long now and they will always be with you. TG, you have a loving and caring brother to help out
with the transition.  Thanks for sharing the good news and keep us posted.

Offline NativeNewYorker

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »
It's great that you've been able to re-establish a strong bond with your children. Hopefully, the judges will make a decision quickly and you will have your children home with you soon :).

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »
I'm happy to hear that you can now contact you kids and have been able to counteract the parental alienation they experienced. I hope the judges rule soon in your favor so your kids can come home!!

Offline Alezio

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »
Thank you so much for the replies from you all. I have my fingers crossed in hoping it will get resolved very soon. Good luck to all of you too!!! 

Offline kmoor88

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »
Alezio,
I am so happy for you and your children. May the day come very soon that they are in your loving care. It was great to hear this news as you and your children were always in my daily prayers!  Now your days are much brighter knowing that they know how much you always loved them.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
Has there been any updates on this case? 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman