Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hindle-v-Fuith US Supreme Court  (Read 23762 times)

Offline pam.in.ny

Re: Hindle-v-Fuith US Supreme Court
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 09:49:40 PM »
I agree, it totally sucks. Karl, here you are helping Roy and you are fighting your own battle. You are a trooper. I wish there was something we could do to help you win your case.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 11:00:14 PM »
Karl, I'm truly sorry to hear that they denied it. I know it is extremely difficult to get them to take up a case, but still, I would have hoped your case was different enough from everything else to be worthwhile to take up.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
I really don't know what to say without ranting about all the bullshit that encourages and enables this crap...   :mad:

I wish I could say, in good conscience, that the situation is improving.  But I look at some of these recent studies that paint a mutilated picture of international child abduction, the way Brazil, the US government and the media went right back to business as usual after Sean came home, and I just don't see it.  If change is coming, it's not coming anywhere near fast enough for the children of BSH.  It's a hopeless situation and yet, what choice is there but to keep going?  That's what parents do... even when all hope is long gone and all but forgotten.  David Goldman was always careful to say that he was not hopeful.  He said he was "optimistic," but not hopeful.  It wasn't until the most recent decision from Mexico that I felt like I truly understood the distinction he was making.  At some point hope is a dangerous luxury you can't afford to cultivate.  It will kill you if you don't let it go.  But even when all hope is lost, you keep going.  Because that's what parents do.  Emily has a great father and someday she will know it.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2010, 08:38:12 AM »
Don't worry guys - I'm OK.  I'm filing down in the local court in FL for a change in residency based on all the police complaints and prosecution for non-existent stalking, no visitation compliance and so on.

If you guys are up for it, I am going to want some heavy duty emailing, letter writing and telephone calling going on because I would like the judge down there to bloody wake up to what has been going on and I've had enough of this S.H.one T.

I'll sort this out at the weekend, but for now I'm more worried about Roy Koyama.
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
So you are supposed to have visitation and they are not complying?  And how did they get a prosecutor to get you on non existed stalking, whatever that means.  I would like to know how she is getting away with not allowing you to have visitation?  Maybe it has to do with child support?  This is ridiculous.

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »
It has NOTHING to do with child support - I pay.  the last CS order was overturned by the court of appeal in any event.

Bluntly, this is just embarrassing - the US courts cannot or will not do their jobs.

I was prosecuted for stalking last year - it was dismissed in January, with prejudice, when it was found I was (1) in the UK and (2) not in Florida.

Go figure.
karl4work@gmail.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2010, 11:12:42 AM »
This makes no sense at all.  I don't see how she can not allow you visitation, it is the law!  You're right, it's an embarrassment for the US. 

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2010, 11:19:42 AM »
 :yeahthat
karl4work@gmail.com

Offline Fightness

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »
Karl, I am in Canada (under a foot of fresh snow).  If you provide email addresses and contact names, I can start sending shocked and dismayed emails on your behalf immediately.  I am home on sick leave till the end of January and it focuses my attention away from my own problems to assist in any small way I can.  I cannot imagine what you are feeling.  it's absolutely gross how some parents put their own ego/anger/desires/maliciousness in front of the needs and well being of the very children they claim to love.  The "Switch" doesn't get flipped when the child is born that tells them it isn't about them anymoe, its about the child.

Tell me what I can do. 
Tammy Bergin Beauparlant

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »
Karl - I live in WA now (no snow this week  :biggrin ), but if I can help, let me know.  I'm originally from FL (the Panama City area).  Are you requesting a change of residency to have your case heard in Bay County?  I don't understand why it wouldn't be there now since that is where she lives and has lived for some time.  The stalking charges were laughable, given that you weren't in the country.   :rolleyes:  Have faith...there are some good judges in Bay County. 

I wish our Representative/Congressman could do something, but he (the current one) will not get involved, but he's also on his way out.  woohoo!  He cited the whole....that's a legal matter that I can't get involved in.  Chris Smith did!  It's still a Hague case, just happens that in your case the abducted (or illegally retained) child is in his district in the US.  He's the same jackrabbit that wouldn't co-sponsor anything either..."he'll consider it if it gets to the floor". 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Jara

• The Love of My Life
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »
Sorry, I know you worked more than VERY hard on this....I'll write and get my family in Florida to do the same (and all of their friends).  Let me know the info you need and where to send.  Re-thinking UCCJEA?  The rest is just garbage. 
Thanks so Much!
Jara and Theo

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
Really sorry to hear that the case was denied Karl. And I agree with others that it is really troubling that it's happening in the US (same would apply to Canada).

Offline Diane

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
I just saw this.   So incredibly sorry Karl.   I don't even know what to say.    Like all the parents here fighting this battle,   I know that you will never give up,  and we will be here to support you in anyway we can.   Diane