Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any news??  (Read 5243 times)

Offline ProudDaddy

Any news??
« on: December 07, 2010, 05:16:03 AM »
I haven't heard of this case recently. Do we have any progress to report? As Christmas approaches I wonder how Mr. Toland feels, one more year without his daughter. Sad.

Offline kmoor88

Re: Any news??
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
Paul mailed Erika's Christmas presents yesterday with the hope that she will receive them. He asked his Facebook friends to send Erika a Christmas card. He thinks she would also like to hear from everyone and to know how many people are thinking of her and wishing for her safe return home to her only living parent. Although someone will try to stop all of the cards. Erika still would find out and know how many people love her and think of her. Please also add in these cards to let her know how much her father loves her. You all know this great Dad and he is feeling what the rest of you left behind parent's feels during this extra hard time of the year. Great Pain.
Last known address:
Erika Toland
2-29-19-401 Honkomagome
Bunkyo-KU
Tokyo Japan  113-0021   Postage for me was 98 cents per card under 1oz

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
Thanks for posting that as I'm not on facebook. I sent her a card today :)

Offline pptoland

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=98937667971
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
Thanks everyone who sent Erika a Christmas Card.  I received a note back from their lawyer asking that we not send Christmas Cards because they were overwhelmed with "dozens and dozens" of cards.  Incredible.  It reminds me of the Harry Potter book where his wicked aunt and uncle tried to hide his true identity from him, but then he started receiving dozens and dozens of letters from Hogwarts school, and the more they tried to hide his identity from him, the more letters arrived. 

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 11:53:46 PM »
Thanks everyone who sent Erika a Christmas Card.  I received a note back from their lawyer asking that we not send Christmas Cards because they were overwhelmed with "dozens and dozens" of cards.  Incredible.  It reminds me of the Harry Potter book where his wicked aunt and uncle tried to hide his true identity from him, but then he started receiving dozens and dozens of letters from Hogwarts school, and the more they tried to hide his identity from him, the more letters arrived. 

It's sad that her own grandmother could care less that she is denying Erika a relationship with you - seeing that she [Erika] has already lost her mom.  Why must she feel it is beneficial for Erika to not know the love of her only surviving parent?  How selfish!  Erika needs to know who you are; she has to have questions and those questions deserve answers.  Is there any thing going on in your case?  I know that Japan still isn't a Hague signator, but I don't know if there's any chance of you receiving visitation or if the courts will do a well being check and provide you with pictures.

So, I wonder if Erika was fortunate enough to receive any of the Christmas cards?  And, will she receive any Valentine's Day cards?  I know you had asked for people to mail those as well.   
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »

Well, the simple solution for them to avoid being overwhelmed with dozens and dozens of cards would be to send Erika back to you, where she belongs and then you wouldn't be asking us to mail her cards at her Grandmother's house. Somehow, they don't see that as the solution though.

I like your analogy about Harry Potter. Please let us know if you'd ever like us to send cards again soon. Personally, I enjoyed shopping for a cute card to send.