Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update on Michael and Liam  (Read 14866 times)

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
Update on Michael and Liam
« on: December 08, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
There is an update on Liam's Facebook site. The news is that Michael has had unrestricted contact with Liam when he is in Italy, and the Liam has adjusted fantastically!! He has had the opportunity to spend time also with his grandma and aunt from the U.S. I don't know if you need a facebook account to access this link. The update is posted as a "photo" and I can't copy and paste. If you can't see this link, let me know and I will simply re-type it.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1499242043149&set=o.113164302398

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
Re: Update on Michael and Liam
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:09:14 PM »
I check Liam's site whenever I am on FB - so this was wonderful to see!!  I hope to hear news soon about his return to the US!   

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
Attached is the update that was posted on Liam's facebook page for those who haven't seen it.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:05:19 AM »
I can't believe this?  Why won't they give him his son?  Something is terribly wrong with Italy.  That poor little boy.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
I can't believe this?  Why won't they give him his son?  Something is terribly wrong with Italy.  That poor little boy.

From what I've heard from another LBP who has a daughter in Italy - Italy thinks the best place for children to be raised is in Italy, and are reluctant to send a child back. (Her daughter wants to go home, and actually went to the US Embassy to get her passport, but was denied it.)

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
Here is the latest from Fox News today, 12/12/2010

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4456268/liam-update/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 03:42:46 PM by Bob D'Amico »
Bob D'Amico

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
The Judicial system in Italy is completely flawed and why isn't the US outraged by this?  I hope he has his son by Christmas, this is just insane.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 05:20:50 PM »
Am I the only one who can't see the video?

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Am I the only one who can't see the video?

I'm not sure if you are the only one who can't see it, but it did work for me (I use Firefox).

On another note, it would be wonderful to have two abducted kids home for Christmas instead of one. It is sad that it seems so simple to right this wrong (apply common sense), and this father along with I'm sure hundreds of other parents is locked in a justice system (or specific judges) that choose to not apply common sense.

Offline ANALE

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
I too am hoping and praying that we have these two Christmas miracles this year.  It would be wonderful to have many, many more.  Am I asking for too much?

Offline Jara

• The Love of My Life
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
Thanks for the update.  All I have to say is Wow.  Fingers crossed.
Thanks so Much!
Jara and Theo

Offline 24lisa

Michael and Liam McCarty-update - Christmas 2010
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 03:11:48 AM »
Thank you all for your concern regarding Liam's return to his rightful and US/NY court-ordered home in The US. Michael is still trying to make this a reality. The next few months are crucial to the stability of Liam's mental health as his Mother and her family go to trial for the kidnapping (s) of Liam. Michael knows it will be a fiasco and certain politicians willl high-jack the case for their own publicity and gain, just as they have done in the past. This publicity is very detrimental to Liam because of the years of brainwashing he has been through. He still wants to protect his mentally-ill Mother.  Michael is pleading with Italian Social Services to allow Liam to return to America during this time. Liam is in a peaceful and loving state wiith his Dad, and their positive relationship has been fully restored, but the custody situation is still an immense struggle for Michael. The  SAVELIAM.ORG AND facebook sites continue to be monitored by The Italiam Government and Manuella (Birth Mom) supporters therefore specific information about this case cannot be divulged on-line. I can say that a Major News Program will be running a story in the early New Year. In the meantime, I look back to Christmas, 2009 and the release of Sean to his father, and I urge you to help support Michael in any way possible - letters to Sec. of State Clinton, your NY Congress, the Italian and American Ambassadors, and especially donations to help with his legal, travel and Italian living expenses. He needs us more than ever right now, so any help in whatever form, is highly appreciated. Let's help him get LIAM HOME!

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
I hope that Liam can return to his father to the USA soon. the boy is so big and beautiful and looks like his father! It is wonderful to see the photos with father and son together!

Offline jenicoy

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
Just saw this on Facebook.  Encouraging news for Liam and his Dad.  I hope Liam comes home soon.
Link is to Facebook Group Save Liam McCarty (Formerly SaveLiam.org)
http://www.facebook.com/?fb_source=ticker#!/groups/113164302398/

March 6, 2012 marks the 5th anniversary of Liam's abduction from his home in New York, half of Liam's young life. Liam is still living in Rome in the custody of his uncle. The relationship between Liam and his dad remains very strong, and Liam (now 10 years old) has indicated a strong desire to return to the US. There are currently appeals underway in Rome, and we anxiously await further information and updates. While Michael is cautiously optimistic that this situation may finally resolve, he is mindful of the chronic delays and mishandling of Liam's case by the Italian court system. We hope that you will continue to monitor news and updates about the situation as it develops. Thank you for your support!

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
Just saw this on Facebook.  Encouraging news for Liam and his Dad.  I hope Liam comes home soon.
Link is to Facebook Group Save Liam McCarty (Formerly SaveLiam.org)
http://www.facebook.com/?fb_source=ticker#!/groups/113164302398/

March 6, 2012 marks the 5th anniversary of Liam's abduction from his home in New York, half of Liam's young life. Liam is still living in Rome in the custody of his uncle. The relationship between Liam and his dad remains very strong, and Liam (now 10 years old) has indicated a strong desire to return to the US. There are currently appeals underway in Rome, and we anxiously await further information and updates. While Michael is cautiously optimistic that this situation may finally resolve, he is mindful of the chronic delays and mishandling of Liam's case by the Italian court system. We hope that you will continue to monitor news and updates about the situation as it develops. Thank you for your support!

I still can't believe this has yet to be resolved.  Italy apparently expects Michael to continue 'visiting' his son until he comes of age.  Is mom in jail?