Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update on Michael and Liam  (Read 14114 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Update on Michael and Liam
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
Thanks for posting an update, Jeni! 

While I think it's ridiculous that Liam hasn't already been returned to his dad's custody, I am thankful that Liam's uncle has not tried to run interference in the visitation between Michael and Liam.  At least Michael has been able to strengthen his relationship with Liam to the point that Liam is now wanting to go home with his dad.  I do hope the Italian courts will take into strong consideration Liam's desire to live with his dad. 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline ANALE

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »
I have thought about Michael and Liam many times since that awful decision by the Italian courts last year.  Does anyway know if Michael has had visitation with Liam since then?  What more proof does the court need other than Liam wanting to be with his Dad!

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »
I have thought about Michael and Liam many times since that awful decision by the Italian courts last year.  Does anyway know if Michael has had visitation with Liam since then?  What more proof does the court need other than Liam wanting to be with his Dad!

Michael is allowed uninterrupted visitation, but only in Italy.  Liam is still in the custody of his maternal uncle, who IMHO should be doing more to support Liam's return to the US with his father.   

Offline ANALE

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
Thanks lovellboys for the information.  I am glad at the very least that he gets to see his son.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 07:35:51 PM »
  I hope Liam comes home soon.

Father and son needs to be together.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about this?  I cannot find anything new and am wondering if Liam is back with his father or still in Italy.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »
I saw on his thread at Websleuths where a moderator posted:
Dear Poster Partner:
 Liam McCarty missing from New York, NY, has been restricted.
 Per NCMEC.

Awaiting further information

His poster on NCMEC is not viewable and has the following message:

Please note the following messages:   

Sorry! The case you requested does not exist or has been removed from the site.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1066323&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »
Do you think he's back in the US?

Offline ANALE

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 12:08:35 PM »
Living in New York there is a short segment on TV every day that is titled "Protect Our Children" where they highlight a missing child.  In the past few weeks I have seen Liam McCarty highlighted a few times and they say "Have you seen Liam?"  I was under the impression that he is in Italy with an uncle and not really "missing".  I thought his father has been in a battle with the Italian courts for his return.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »
I think he's still in Italy but I can't find any news about any of it.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
I don't think we are going to.  Italy was VERY upset with Michael for the media special he did and is basically holding Liam hostage because of it.  I don't know how else to explain it, but I believe that is what has happened.  Liam is still is Italy with his uncle, but Michael can still see him and can even take him on vacation, but he can't leave the country with him.   

They are trying to wear him down emotionally and financially.    There is basically a media blackout and no one is allowed to say anything to make Italy look bad.   IMO...the uncle should step in and say that Liam should go home.  There is probably so much more to the story, but we won't hear it because Michael has to 'play nice' n order to see Liam at all.   

Offline ANALE

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 04:17:23 PM »
The two other children that I also saw on "Protect our Children" were Kali Athukorala who is in the Dominican Republic and the Bower boys who are in Egypt. 

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2014, 03:19:30 AM »
Someone told me recently that Liam is back living with his (not mentally stable) mom.  What are the Italian courts thinking???  My heart breaks for Michael.  He was so close (or so I thought).

Offline ANALE

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2014, 02:02:36 PM »
Regardless of whether you believe or not that Amanda Knox is guilty and the judicial circus in Italy, I keep thinking of Liam and the unbelievable tragedy that his father is going through.  Their whole system is really a mess.

Offline tstravis

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
I have not been on this forum in a long time, but I had to reply when I saw your recent post. 

I, too, have been thinking about Liam since the Amanda Knox debacle has been in the news recently.  We all came together on this forum to try to right an injustice that was done to David and Sean, and Amanda Knox needs as much help as she can get right now.  Anyone who is still reading these forums, PLEASE do research if you haven't already done so, because Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are INNOCENT and are being railroaded by the Italian justice system, just as Liam and Michael were. 

I have not heard anymore updates about Liam, but after reading about Amanda Knox and her troubles with the Italian justice system, I would have to say Brazil doesn't have anything on Italy when it comes to a COMPLETELY CORRUPT judicial system!  Almost unbelievable!  Please help if you can.

My thoughts still go out to Liam and Michael, and the other still-waiting left-behind parents, and my good wishes to David and Sean.