Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's tell the whole story  (Read 55147 times)

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Let's tell the whole story
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 03:41:52 PM »
Good question which is not clear - what is clear is she is now claiming refugee status.
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
She is filing for refugee status based on "abuse" (pushing her is what is claimed) from Roy.  I've read that Costa Rica has since changed their laws regarding refugee status to now include domestic abuse (which is what she is claiming).

If she is legally married to Henner, then I would imagine she has legal grounds to remain in Costa Rica.  What I don't agree with is when she states that she and Henner made a visit to see Emily and will fight to bring their daughter home.  I guess that Emily has bonded with Henner; I'm sure Roy would have appreciated a visit and bonding time as well. 

I've never understood why the Costa Rican courts became involved to the extent that they have.  They have a fugitive on the run with an abducted child and they are in a sense harboring a fugitive.  She should have been returned to the US a long time ago. 

Karl - I imagine your blog is being discussed too on FB.  Afterall, you are one of Roy's "followers".  I prefer to call myself a "supporter" rather than a "follower". 

I believe Trina's posts here was basically blowing smoke.  She has never had an intention of returning to the US, even if the charges were dropped.  She was too quick to file habeas corpus.  But, her "followers" poke fun at Roy for asking for donations when she has done the same thing all along.  He only asked for assistance for money to return Emily; she has requested funds to assist in funding her entire defense. 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
@Bree

yes I guess it is - my blog has suddenly gone very active.  One comment was left which I think is from Trina's sister warning me against "libel" and I risk being sued - my response is simple - I'd love to see Trina's butt in an American court!

Just to be clear - I've made some pretty strong statements, for instance about Trina's alcoholism.  I have a list of Al-anon meeting attendees which includes Trina and her fellow attendees - I'm not saying something I haven't got back up for.

The issues about Trina and her past are also worthy of examination - I did not realize Trina had another child for instance,or that that daughter had been abandoned by Trina -  and I don't think the "Trina Mob" know either - in Costa Rica the reporting has been pretty much biased towards the "poor, victimized and abused woman trying to keep her baby in Costa Rica from big bad American" - the reality is somewhat different from what is being broadcast by Trina & Co.

I think the reality should be gotten out there in Costa Rica so people can see just what a fool Trina and Co have been making of their country and laws.  I want to be clear - CR is doing an awful lot to make this all work and nothing should be done to cast dispersions upon those efforts which are genuine and sincere.

Roy also has 2 children in MO - he moved from CA to MO to be closer to them.  I've seen him and his kids on Skype - what kind of abuser moves cross country to be closer to his kids, and certainly their mom is not stopping Roy from having visitation.

Trina is simply a barefaced liar who has had it all her own way until now - yet the lies continue, including the latest that Roy has tried to take out an injunction against Trina to stop her seeing Emily for her visits - just a simple bald lie to provoke emotions for "poor" Trina - he's done no such thing.
karl4work@gmail.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
Al-anon is for friends and family of alcoholics.  If someone is a recovering alcoholic and regularly goes to AA, works the program, has been sober for a while, I don't think it's fare to put that down as a reason for her being unfit.  I have a couple of friends that go and I would never classify them as unfit.  The rest of her story makes her very unfit!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:38:36 AM by sue »

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
@Sue - that is not all Sue regarding Trina's alcoholism.

I'm pulling everything together to forward to the Costa Ricans, the State Department and Roy's legal teams. 

I think everyone is surprised however with the fact she has already abandoned one daughter in California - that young lady is now a teenager.

karl4work@gmail.com

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

I think everyone is surprised however with the fact she has already abandoned one daughter in California - that young lady is now a teenager.

This, to me, says more than anything regarding Trina's character.   

While I agree that being in AA does not mean a parent is unfit, that fact, plus her baseless accusations against Roy, her obvious instability, and prior parental history make me certain that Emily belongs with Roy.  Karl even mentioned that her efforts in AA should be supported, but if Roy is forced to endure detailed scrutiny to confirm he is a fit parent, then Trina must endure the same.

It's obvious who could provide a healthier environment, and hopefully in the future co-parenting can be the focus.  Right now, Emily just needs to come home.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
Like I said, the rest of her story makes her very unfit and this child should come home!

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »
UPDATE:
The State Department has advised that the issues are still being thrashed out between the 3 Costa Rican ministries involved.  There is no word yet on a decision on how they will proceed, but I personally draw heart from the fact that 2 of the 3 ministries favor Emily's return.

The issue turns on the "refugee" status for Trina.

The State Department has advised that representations are being made to the Costa Rican authorities directly in Costa Rica and through their Embassy in Washington D.C.

I believe we should add our constructive voice to the Costa Rican Embassy on why Emily should be returned promptly back to her home in the US.

The Costa Rican Embassy contact information is:

Ambassador Muni Figueres [Madam Ambassador in this instance]

ambassador@costarica-embassy.org

Guisella Sanchez - Minister Counselor for Education, Tourism and Human Rights

guisella.sanchez@gmail.com

Mailing address:

Embassy of Costa Rica

2114 S Street, NW - Washington, D.C. 20008

Phone: (202) 234 2945, (202) 234 2946 Fax: (202) 265 4795

Please contact the Costa Rican Embassy with your views on the return of Emily Koyama and the positive aspects of Costa Rica complying with international law and how it is in everyone's interests for Emily to be returned.

I see no harm in pointing out that Trina was quite prepared to return to the US as she claimed on this site, but as soon as the Costa Rican court moved to enforce Emily's return she filed for refugee status and how that demonstrates a clear abuse of the refugee and legal process in Costa Rica.

BCC me in on any emails - to karl4work@gmail.com and please make a difference.
karl4work@gmail.com

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
http://lbpblueprints.blogspot.com/2011/02/keeping-quiet.html?spref=fb

I have a hard time keeping totally quite... but nothing that we all don't know, just needs to be repeated IMHO

Offline Jara

• The Love of My Life
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:56 PM »
Hold Tight...Only a matter of time and process. 
Thanks so Much!
Jara and Theo

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr-cnn-irreport-features-costa-ricaspringfield-child-custody-case-of-emily-trina-atwell-chevarria-and-roy-koyama-still-at-odds-20110216,0,6669744.story

Former Springfield Mother Makes Plea From Costa Rica
Trina Atwell Chevarria Fled With Her Daughter Emily in 2009
7:56 p.m. CST, February 16, 2011

Trina Atwell Chevarria, the woman who fled Springfield to Costa Rica with her daughter Emily is speaking out on the CNN website.   She left the country claiming abuse by Roy Koyama of Springfield, the man listed as the father on her daughter Emily's birth certificate.

During the two years Chevarria has been living in Costa Rica with her former and now current husband, Koyama won custody of Emily in a Greene County, Missouri court.   Recently a court in Costa Rica agreed Emily should be returned to the U.S. court to decide custody of the girl who is now 2 years old.   KSPR NEWS has just learned that Costa Rican authorities took Emily away from her mother January 31 and kept her with a foster family for 12 days.   Emily has since been returned to her mother as she waits for a decision on her appeal for refugee status.

This week (2-15) she filed a report on the CNN website.    Below you can read the full report.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-556334
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:57 PM »
She's not getting any sympathy there!

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
From the mind of a kidnapper.....

http://lbpblueprints.blogspot.com/2011/03/here-is-email-from-kidnapper-you-tell.html

Remember that she and her sister Lynette had planned the kidnapping out for at least 5 months or more...

Offline lttlmtn

• Left Behind Parent
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
I had to post this... it's been over two years now folks and I'm letting some kittens out of the bag. I know I may have let out a few too many, but what else am I to do at this point? I would like to get this information translated into Spanish and published in Costa Rica if anyone can help?

http://lbpblueprints.blogspot.com/2011/03/two-years-ago.html