Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michael McCarty on TODAY SHOW This wed. 1/5/11 at 8am. Please watch for Update  (Read 10352 times)

Offline 24lisa

Michael McCarty, Liam's Father, will be on NBC's THE TODAY SHOW, this coming Wed. Jan. 5th, 2011 at 8am to update Liam's "situation" in Italy. Please see FB page on SaveLiamMcCarty and website, SaveLiam.org  and share this info. on your social network sites. All support is appreciated! Especially now......

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
We can watch live on this link http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/nbcnow5

Offline pam.in.ny

It's not a custody case! When will the media get it right? It's kidnapping! Father's fight for abducted son taken to Italy. http://on.today.com/fPtvgM

Offline ANALE

It's really unbelievable how similar these cases mostly are expecially with David and Sean.  The "authorities" all have the same excuses.  I wish they would just get off their butts and make the right decision and send the boy home ASAP.  Time doesn't stand still because they are such morons and don't do their job.  I was furious just listening to the segment!

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
It's really unbelievable how similar these cases mostly are expecially with David and Sean.  The "authorities" all have the same excuses.  I wish they would just get off their butts and make the right decision and send the boy home ASAP.  Time doesn't stand still because they are such morons and don't do their job.  I was furious just listening to the segment!

Exactly.  "Maybe by summer..."!?  So maybe 6 months from now they can actually send Liam home to his father, even though the abducting mother has been declared unfit and is facing criminal child abduction charges?  

Parents increasingly have no rights anymore.  Anytime the government gets involved with children they bring in their army of "experts," who don't know or love the children, to have them bloviate for years about what's "best" for them.  Then, once irreparable psychological and financial harm has been done to the children and their families by their inaction, they realize they can't read the future and really have no idea what's best for children they don't even know, and decide to let the alienated and marginalized children decide for themselves what's best for their future and congratulate themselves for "respecting the child's wishes."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:13:25 PM by SageDad »
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
Italy is really bad about this. Carmen Villa was abducted to Italy in 2005 along with her brother. They both wanted to return but when they went to the US Embassy to get passports to go home they wouldn't give Carmen hers. Despite being kidnapped and wanting to go back home.

It's nuts.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Italy is really bad about this. Carmen Villa was abducted to Italy in 2005 along with her brother. They both wanted to return but when they went to the US Embassy to get passports to go home they wouldn't give Carmen hers. Despite being kidnapped and wanting to go back home.

It's nuts.

That doesn't sound like Italy's fault.  That sounds like the US Embassy protecting the rights and privacy of child abductors and working hard to not offend their host countries to the detriment of American families and children (in other words, business as usual for the US Foreign Service.)
― Rumi

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
This makes me so angry.  Where does Italy get off thinking they can keep a United States citizen?  And why isn't our Government doing more to bring this boy home now?  Unbelievable that another Country thinks they have the right to keep a kidnapped child from the parent.  Unbelievable.  A child living in an orphanage and foster care rather than living with his own father because they don't want to traumatize him?  What do you think and orphanage and foster care do? 

Offline rduffiel

:yeahthat
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
This makes me so angry.  Where does Italy get off thinking they can keep a United States citizen?  And why isn't our Government doing more to bring this boy home now?  Unbelievable that another Country thinks they have the right to keep a kidnapped child from the parent.  Unbelievable.  A child living in an orphanage and foster care rather than living with his own father because they don't want to traumatize him?  What do you think and orphanage and foster care do? 

:yeahthat

Absolutely.  Studies consistently show that children generally do terrible in foster homes and orphanages (amazing we even need studies to prove such an obvious concept.)  It's one of the very ugly realities of the presumptuous nonsense that comes out of our child-welfare bureaucracies.  Even in cases where the parents really aren't great and there are real issues of neglect, like alcohol problems, missing school, or parents fighting (as opposed to actual physical abuse of the children,) most children do far worse when they are taken from their parents and dumped into foster homes.  None of which is of much relevance given the fact that Liam has a caring and responsible father who is perfectly willing and capable to care for him.  I think more harm is done to children under a banner of "protecting" them in the west than for most other reasons combined.
― Rumi

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
This one is a no brainer, the child was abducted by the mother (who has mental problems and is in jail), he should have been sent home immediately after they found him.  They signed the Hague in 1995, they have no right keeping this boy there.  This is going to mess this poor kid up so bad, I can't believe it and I can't believe our Country isn't demanding that this little boy be sent back to the US.  Unbelievable.   :madgo

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
This one is a no brainer, the child was abducted by the mother (who has mental problems and is in jail), he should have been sent home immediately after they found him.  They signed the Hague in 1995, they have no right keeping this boy there.  This is going to mess this poor kid up so bad, I can't believe it and I can't believe our Country isn't demanding that this little boy be sent back to the US.  Unbelievable.   :madgo

I would bet that the Italian courts are waiting to see the outcome of the mother's case before they make a ruling.  Liam is also an Italian citizen and they aren't going to send him to the US if they don't have to.  I lived in Italy for 3 years and I know they have a crooked justice system.  

As well, this taking children from their parents and not returning them to a rightful family member is happening right here in the good ole USA.  My nephew, for example, has been in foster care for 3+ years.  We have tried to get him since just after he went into foster care.  Recently, we were denied a right to intervene and have zero chance of getting him now.  He will ultimately be adopted by his foster parents - which, IMO, was the plan the entire time.   :madgo  But that's an entirely different scenario.  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:52:07 PM by Bree »
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
This one is a no brainer, the child was abducted by the mother (who has mental problems and is in jail), he should have been sent home immediately after they found him.  They signed the Hague in 1995, they have no right keeping this boy there.  This is going to mess this poor kid up so bad, I can't believe it and I can't believe our Country isn't demanding that this little boy be sent back to the US.  Unbelievable.   :madgo

I would bet that the Italian courts are waiting to see the outcome of the mother's case before they make a ruling.  Liam is also an Italian citizen and they aren't going to send him to the US if they don't have to.  I lived in Italy for 3 years and I know they have a crooked justice system.  

As well, this taking children from their parents and not returning them to a rightful family member is happening right here in the good ole USA.  My nephew, for example, has been in foster care for 3+ years.  We have tried to get him since just after he went into foster care.  Recently, we were denied a right to intervene and have zero chance of getting him now.  He will ultimately be adopted by his foster parents - which, IMO, was the plan the entire time.   :madgo  But that's an entirely different scenario.  

I am sorry Bree.  I know from experience that no matter which side of the fence you are on, if you have a case worker's sympathetic ear, then things tend to go your way.   

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member

That's terrible!  How can they do that?