Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In Brazil  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
In Brazil
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:23:10 AM »
Went to court on 22/2/2011. Judge heard testimony from both sides and will issue written judgement on whether to annul the fraudulent adoption of Rebeca or not in between 30 - 50 days. In the meantime, I still have not seen Rebeca because her mother did not bring her to court (I believe she has not been told I am trying to contact her) and I can still be arrested by the Federal Police at any time while travelling in Brazil because my name has not been removed froim the police computer despite several requests by my lawyer and an alvara de soltura from the court.

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
Re: In Brazil
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:46:51 AM »
Mara Silvia Rezende, my ex wife turned up in court with her husband, Rebeca´s stepfather, Jose Augusto dos Santos Sa, and said to me that a) she and he had become evangelical christians and that they had never said anything against me to Rebeca, b) that I should thank this guy, Jose Augusto, for having raised Rebeca (in secret, without asking, without my knowledge, and without ever having had the courage ever to identify himself to me), c) that Rebeca had been on the point of going to the UK to visit her cousins (despite the fact that Mara had always claimed in court documentation that she had no idea how to contact me or my family) and, confusingly, that d) Rebeca was scared to go out alone in case she was kidnapped and that she did not want to come to court because she was scared. I do not believe that she has ever been told that I am looking for her.

This was the first time I had seen Mara in person in 16 years and 7 since I had spoken to her by telephone. She did all the talking and her partner just nodded his head. She left making threats that I would never see Rebeca this way.

Despite an alvara de soltura (release form) related to my arrest on malicious charges of non-payment of child support issued 3 years ago, my name is still on the police computer. I was detained briefly when I entered Brazil this time and only released because my lawyer was at the airport and came up to the Federal Police office. I now have to travel with a letter explaining the situation in case I am stopped and detained again.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:35 AM »
Thanks for posting that update. Your ex-wife certainly has some interesting ideas of what has and hasn't gone on in your daughter's life compared to what she said in court. And, even if they supposedly have said nothing against you to your daughter (I highly doubt it), if one simply refuses to mention that she has a father in another country who loves her, then she would obviously be concerned about interacting with her father. Ceasing communication is more than enough to poison a child.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »
Hmmm...sounds like they haven't quite fully embraced the idea of repenting their sins.

So sorry to hear you weren't able to see your daughter, Martin.

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »
Thanks guys. Does anyone know of - or have any contacts in - Sao Jose dos Campos?

Offline ProudDaddy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
Thanks guys. Does anyone know of - or have any contacts in - Sao Jose dos Campos?
I have no contacts whatsoever in São José dos Campos, and had been there once. But it's a good place to live, hosting many colleges and universities and a thriving aerospace industry. The city is the home of Embraer. It's very easy to reach São José from São Paulo international airport (Cumbica), just leaving the airport's premises you cross a highway which will take you there (some 30 miles, in the direction of Rio de Janeiro). Less than one-hour drive (if traffic permits).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3o_Jos%C3%A9_dos_Campos

Offline Dan_Plainview

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
Hmmm...sounds like they haven't quite fully embraced the idea of repenting their sins.

So sorry to hear you weren't able to see your daughter, Martin.

And if I'm not mistaken Ruth 1:20 teaches us that "Mara" means "bitter" in Aramaic. Hmm ...
Dan

Break my heart for what breaks Yours