Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leaving Brazil  (Read 10646 times)

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
Leaving Brazil
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:08:24 PM »
Have to leave Brazil to gop back to work in the UK without seeing my daughter. Frustrated. Angry. Sad. Just been told by lawyer that my name is still on the federal police computer as wanted´in connection with the malicious child support claim that I spent two weeks in prison for in 2008. I knew it would be and had to badger him to check. So, watch this space - I might get detained again on the way out, as I was on the way in.

I´m fed up of trying to explain this all to people here - they look at me in disbelief and say, ¨oh, no, that could never happen in Brazil! You can´t lose your father´s rights and be imprisoned like that - the system doesn´t allow it¨, like I´m making this all up or something.

I´ll write more once/ if I get out of here safely.

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Leaving Brazil
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
Martin, good luck. Let's hope the you get past the immigration folks on your way our of Brazil. In a country as broken as Brazil, I am sure there are enough complacent immigration officers.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:08 AM »
Has anyone received word from Martin that he was able to leave Brazil without incident?

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
Hi everyone. Yes. I am back in the UK now, but I was detained briefly at passport control despite handing over a letter signed by the delegada de PF in the airport itself - my lawyer and I had gone directly to the federal police to make sure there would be no problems, but it seems that no matter how much you try to mitigate, it still doesn't work. The guys on the PF desk immediately after passport control just laughed and joked along the lines of 'this is Brazil, unfortunately', blah blah blah as they typed my authorisation to fly into the computer. After stamping my passport, one of them came back and said, "it's just child support - it's nothing." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry and resisted telling him the whole story. I still haven't seen Rebeca. Her mother keeps saying she doesn't want to see me, but it is the opinion of my lawyer and everyone else who's met Mara that Rebeca hasn't even been told that I'm looking for her and that she's been brainwashed by a dangerously mentally ill and manipulative mother.

I managed, by some miracle or fluke, to speak to my former father-in-law, Milton Pessoa Rezende, on the phone while I was there, and also to various former neighbours of Mara, as well as to the priest who married us and who knows the family and an interesting picture is emerging.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »
Glad to hear you're home, but so sad to learn that you still were not able to reconnect with Rebeca. I continue to pray for good things to come between you and Rebeca.

Offline Belleizel

• Beautiful place...
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:12:58 PM »
Glad to hear you're home, but so sad to learn that you still were not able to reconnect with Rebeca. I continue to pray for good things to come between you and Rebeca.
Martin, this nightmare will finish soon.  :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
When?

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
When?

You know Martin, when I saw that post, I asked myself the same thing. When?

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 03:47:46 AM »
Message from my Brazilian lawyer yesterday:

Boa noite, estive hoje na Federal, e nada foi resolvido sobre suas pendencias. Irei peticionar ao juiz de Itu para que o mesmo oficie a P. Federal e determina providencias urgentes para sanar isso.

Processo SJC - Ainda c/ juiz.

Good evening, I was at the Federal Police today, and nothing has been resolved concerning matters pending. I will petition the judge in Itu to report the matter to the Federal Police and take urgent steps to remedy this.

The process in Sao Jose dos Campos is still with the judge
[my translation].

This means that, despite my arrest warrant having been quashed, cancelled or otherwise annuled and this having been confirmed by the courts, and despite my paying an extra £1000GBP to my lawyer in March so that he could do this 'once-and-for-all' directly with the Federal Police, and my being arrested or detained every time I have entered or exited Brazil since June 2008, my name is still on the police computer and I will still be detained any time I try to enter Brazil.

President De Gaulle once said when he visited Brazil, "Brazil is not a serious country". I would disagree. It is deadly serious and consistent in its determination to act in this way. I have visited many many countries, including some of the most mickey-mouse, tin-pot dictatorships and unrecognised entities and I have never encountered this level of bureaucratic madness and frustration anywhere else.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:53:05 AM by Martin »

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
Martin, I am so sorry to hear this :madgo

I have been trying to see how we can contact Rebeca directly and let her know to contact her dad in the UK and he has been looking for her since she was abducted. (remember.. she's 18 now and doesn't need the courts!)

I was thinking maybe we can contact the local newspapers in the town she lives in, or contact her neighbors who can help get the message to her etc....

Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas on how we can reach out to her and get the message to her?

Offline ANALE

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »
Just a thought - are there any TV news stations or any other type of TV programs that could be contacted?

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
Thanks, everyone, for all the support and suggestions. I know that, without the support I have on here, I'd be in complete despair now. I have a list of Brazilian newspapers, journalists and policticians that we can contact, but we need a methodical plan. Let's brainstorm some ideas on Skype or Facebook at a mutually convenient time. I would suggest Sunday 15th at 6p.m. London time, that's GMT+1. Please let me know by Facebook if you'll be there.

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
I hope an pray you are reunited with Rebeca soon. Please count me in on the social media brainstorming.
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Martin Boyle has asked us to help him get in touch with his daughter Rebeca. Rebeca is now 18 and I believe we can reach out to her without any complications of the legal system using all the social network skills we have. I have been on Orkut and FB with no luck and so has Martin. Martin knows the following about her:

1. She lives in a town called  Sao Jose dos Campos. I believe this is near Sao Paulo based on my google search

2. her Step father is  Jose Augusto dos Santos Sa, and he works for Petrobras in Sao Jose dos Campos

3. her mother and stepfather are members of an evangelical church in Sao Jose dos Campos, but Martin doesn't know which one.

My goal is to let Rebeca know that her father Martin is in the UK and searching for her since she was abducted. 

1. Is there anyone on this forum who knows anyone working in Petrobas that we can get in touch with?

2. How can we get the message out to the general public in this town of Sao Jose dos Campos and make them aware of Int'l child Abduction and one of their own has been abducted and we're looking for her? (i.e local newspapers, media, local news?)

It would be nice to contact all the evangelical churches in that area and notify them of Martin's plight. Maybe one person from that town can be "our friend" and come on this forum anonymously and connect with Martin and help reunite Martin with his daughter. Even better if we can get Rebeca to contact Martin thru this site anonymously . Can anyone from Brazil on this forum help?

Please send Martin a private message if you have any other thoughts or ideas or if you can help him and get the message across to her.

Thank you

Offline todez

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »
Phillyone
I'll see what I can do.  I have a student who has cousins in either Sao Jose do Campos or Campos do Jordao.  I'll find out which it is and see if they can help in any way.
Do we know what last name Rebecca is using?  I'll also try to find a list of Evangelical Churches in SJ do C, though I'm sure that there are quite a few. If we could find the name of the stepfather in their local phone book, we might be able to narrow down which church they go to based on their area.