Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heading to Singapore tomorrow...and hopefully leaving with the boys on the 14th  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Andrew

• Left Behind Parent
    • Bring the Twins home
Hello everyone,

The Singapore ruling to return the boys to the U.S. on March 14th stands.  On Friday Mar4, the mother filed a motion for a stay of the return order.  This was heard on Tues. March 8 (Singapore).  The judge agreed with the District Judge from Thursday that the Singapore Court should not assist the mother to prolong proceedings in Singapore.  The judge went on to say that a Singapore Court cannot unilaterally alter a US court order as it would cause a diplomatic incident.  She was impressed with how we handled ourselves throughout the 18 months.  We were restrained, patient and followed Singapore laws and procedures.  The judge said it is not harmful to return the boys to the US as it is not a war-torn country.  The judge gave the mother another 24 hours to produce the plane tickets for the boys. 

I am flying to Singapore Friday night for arrival Saturday.  The mother requested that the boys fly alone under the airlines Unaccompanied Minors program, which of course I did not consent to.  The three of us have reservations to fly from Singapore to LAX on the evening of Monday, March 14th.  I have asked that the boys be turned over to me in the morning that day, as I have arranged time with a counselor to help with what Im sure will be a difficult experience for them, given how much the mother has demonized me and brainwashed them in the past 18 months.  From there, we will go to the U.S. Embassy for new passports, and then to the airport for departure.  They will finally be coming home.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.  I will keep you updated as things progress.

Offline kim in socal

I will be praying for "wheels up" for you and your boys!
I'm sure it will be hard at first, but one step at a time...

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
Please keep us notified.

Offline rduffiel

Good Luck.  I will be praying you and the boys safe return.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
I will be hoping and praying for 'wheels up'.  Good luck.

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
Thanks for the update. Good to hear that things continue to go well.

Offline ANALE

Have a safe trip.  Just give the boys lots of love and hugs and they will be fine!!  God's speed.

Offline gil

• Global Moderator
Andrew,
God Bless you on your trip. Stay strong and bring your boys home.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
Andrew, best wishes! You are all in my prayers. I'm glad that you were able to overrule overrule their mother's crazy request of flying two minors unaccompanied on a long trip that certainly would be stressful for them!

I hope that the earthquake in Japan didn't disrupt your travel plans.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Has anyone heard from Andrew since he left for Singapore?  I hope the quake in Japan (and tsunami) didn't affect the return of his sons.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
Has anyone heard from Andrew since he left for Singapore?  I hope the quake in Japan (and tsunami) didn't affect the return of his sons.

Yes Bree, good news!

http://bringseanhome.org/forums/index.php/topic,3635.0.html

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman