Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Father's Love by David Goldman  (Read 66967 times)

Offline Rpaikin

Re: A Father's Love by David Goldman
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 09:53:41 AM »
Darn! Not on Itunes.

Offline reedm60

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
I ordered the book and the audio book from Barnes and Noble Online and both were shipped immediately.

Try ordering through http://www.bn.com/

Offline sharon regina

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
Well, I'm Brazilian and live in Brazil.  I ordered my copy from Amazon in march (I've already had an account in Amazon) and they promised they'll released my book in ... June!!!!!  Disgusting, isn't?

Offline ANALE

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »
Do you think the book will be translated into Portuguese and released in Brazil?  It could be a best seller down there!!

Offline sharon regina

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 03:37:16 PM »
I think that Lins e S an B Carneiro R will try prohibit the book in Brazil.  If they will can do this, I don't know

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 03:47:03 PM »
The LeS and the Ribeiros are probably right now doing everything they can to put their hands on that book. I think that after reading it, some of their supporters will probably turn against them big time (at least behind their backs). You can make a mistake once or twice, but to keep doing the same mistake year after year...

Offline ANALE

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
The first thing they will do is go to Globo and take out a full page ad denying everything.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »
The LeS and the Ribeiros are probably right now doing everything they can to put their hands on that book. I think that after reading it, some of their supporters will probably turn against them big time (at least behind their backs). You can make a mistake once or twice, but to keep doing the same mistake year after year...

David also made a point to mention that NOT ONCE has Joao attempted in ANY way to contact Sean.  For someone who supposedly loved Sean so much, he seems to have forgotten him.  That is, until someone dies, and he can get a little mention in the papers.    That seems to be important to him.

Offline reedm60

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »
Did David say anything about Sean's grades in school since returning to NJ?

Offline sara

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
Found this online - looks like these are the chapter names - can't wait until my copy arrives!!!

The phone call -- Jersey boy -- Bruna -- Living the dream -- My new reality -- Reality check -- Angels and demons -- A friend indeed -- Contact! -- The unspeakable -- Unending nightmare -- To see my son -- Date with destiny -- Father and son -- Unexpected help -- Family lies -- Good news-bad news -- Pressure points -- The decision -- Tension rising -- The Christmas miracle -- Home at last -- Giving back.

Offline cm

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
I was going to wait until I got the 'what do you want for mother's day' question. Needless to say, I went to www.bn.com and ordered one. I'll have it read before mother's day ;)

I know...for mother's day I'll ask that donations be made to the BSH Foundation!
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "  ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Offline Grace

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »
Lovelboys, I wonder if he ever calls Chiara. He's the "Biological Father" of that child...

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »
I just went to B&N and they got the delievery just this afternoon.Since I had preordered it they saved me a copy at the front desk. I'm almost finshed ... all I can say is WOW!!!

David is an amazing person and so will Sean be when he grows up! Thank you David for sharing your story.

The bigger picture is .. I hope this book sheds a light on International Child Abductions around the world. It was heartwrenching reading David's story, but I'm sure the other LBP's have the same heartwrenching story to share.

I hope this book becomes a bestseller and gets published in many languages (including portugese!)

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
Did David say anything about Sean's grades in school since returning to NJ?

David helps Sean with his homework alot.. and even said he's prepared for the game how "Are you Smarter than a Fifth grader" :hihi :hihi

Offline ProudDaddy

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
Well, I'm Brazilian and live in Brazil.  I ordered my copy from Amazon in march (I've already had an account in Amazon) and they promised they'll released my book in ... June!!!!!  Disgusting, isn't?
Usually Amazon delivers to Brazil sooner than the expected delivery date. 20 days is my experience with them. Once I got a book just a week after ordering it. And they don't ship by air to keep the fares low.