Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Twitter account  (Read 15577 times)

Offline momoftwo

• This is the last time I saw my nephew, Sage
Re: Twitter account
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:07 PM »
What was the OCI's "official" response to this????  They cannot get away with this.  What is wrong with Italy, and what is wrong with our own country??  If we allow this to happen uncontested, what kind of precedent does it set for all the rest of our LBP's cases??  Is Italy a Hague signatory? 

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
What was the OCI's "official" response to this????  They cannot get away with this.  What is wrong with Italy, and what is wrong with our own country??  If we allow this to happen uncontested, what kind of precedent does it set for all the rest of our LBP's cases??  Is Italy a Hague signatory?  

Italy is a signatory of the Hague.  Italy should not be granting permanent custody to anyone...those things should be determined in NY -- Liam's habitual residence at the time of his abduction!  I'm totally shocked by this ruling.  I lived in Italy for 3 years and know that they are all about taking care of their own.  I'm sure that they saw Liam as being settled with his uncle (an Italian) and that his American dad can continue to have a relationship.  It's just WRONG!!!!  I wonder did the uncle fight for custody as well?  Why wouldn't he want Liam with his father?      

Michael McCarty is the dad's name; he lives in NYC. 

I'm not sure, but this may be his rep:  http://maloney.house.gov/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:18:59 PM by Bree »
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »
This is crazy.  A judge gives custody of Liam to a uncle.  He has a father who has been trying to bring him home and rebuild their relationship. What is the state Department doing to help this dad.  David hit on the head when he said that we are viewed as a paper tiger, good for writing reports and nothing else.

This is totally asinine.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
I just learned of the decision.  I am so sorry Michael and Liam.  I am sick about it, and Italy should be ashamed, as should Liam's uncle.  I consider him to be a party to Liam's continued illegal retention.    
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:15:01 PM by lovellboys »

Offline jenicoy

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
Was the uncle fighting for custody?

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

Well - he must not have lobbied against it.   Would the court grant custody if Liam's uncle did not want it?  This is not a matter of which party is better suited to raise Liam.  The Italian courts made this a matter of Italian versus American.  Pathetic and very antiquated thinking.  

My question is:  Can Michael still see Liam or has he been barred from his child's life?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:24:53 AM by lovellboys »

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
this is unbelievable...give the custody to his uncle when his dad is fighting for him

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:05 AM »
Who can we start writing to? 

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2011, 11:25:41 AM »

Well - he must not have lobbied against it.   Would the court grant custody if Liam's uncle did not want it?  This is not a matter of which party is better suited to raise Liam.  The Italian courts made this a matter of Italian versus American.  Pathetic and very antiquated thinking.  

My question is:  Can Michael still see Liam or has he been barred from his child's life?
Thats my question too! :? :mad:

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
This is crazy.  A judge gives custody of Liam to a uncle.  He has a father who has been trying to bring him home and rebuild their relationship. What is the state Department doing to help this dad.  David hit on the head when he said that we are viewed as a paper tiger, good for writing reports and nothing else.

This is totally asinine.

not only David but by their own admission . My Case worker/Consular Officer told me herself that she could do nothing and that her position was no more than administrative .... I was like thinking to myself  .... Well CENSORED administer than ,I can file paperwork and fax documents. All they are really good for is leaving an 'I told you I did ' papertrail , and why I dont push the issue . Plus on a personal level I feel Barbara is doing ALL she is allowed .
 thats another thing , delegation , they need to give personell power to say "Under Hague Rules , you have to or else !" but really what can they threaten them with even if they were delegated thebpower ? 
This is why HR1940 is souch an important pc of legislation . It actually gives the state some bite.instead of just bark .
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
Post on Twitter at 8:00 PM EDT. How sad. A sad day when a father can't get his son back and even sadder there isn't any money left to keep fighting. I honestly don't know what to say. I just sadden and sickened by this decision.
SaveLiam Save Liam
FINAL DECISION: Full custody and rights to Liam's uncle in IT. Michael has exhausted his financial resources to keep fighting for his son.

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »
Post on Twitter at 8:00 PM EDT. How sad. A sad day when a father can't get his son back and even sadder there isn't any money left to keep fighting. I honestly don't know what to say. I just sadden and sickened by this decision.
SaveLiam Save Liam
FINAL DECISION: Full custody and rights to Liam's uncle in IT. Michael has exhausted his financial resources to keep fighting for his son.

so that`s the end????? it`s not fair!!!!

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »
They apparently ruled against him in part, for his "desire to have his son live with him."

Yeah, a dad wanting to be with his kid. How horrible.  :rolleyes:

Offline ANALE

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
Is this a Hague ruling or some local misinformed judge?  The information is probably written somewhere on one of the posts but I'm too lazy to look for it.  I'm very upset about this.  This is exactly what these judicial systems want to do -- exhaust the LBP emotionally, physically and financially.

Offline genegirl99

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 11:15:16 PM »
 :mad: how about we write our reps and suggest that they can cut foreign aid for Italy out of the federal budget. 

I haven't been this sick since the Casey Anthony verdict...