Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Request for Administrators/Moderators to Clean Up Forum  (Read 2965 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Request for Administrators/Moderators to Clean Up Forum
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:01 PM »
There are a number of sub-forums including DC Rally Registration, Larry King Live and Care2Petition which have not had any activity in over one month. Although the information they contain was very relevant at the time, I do not believe they contain information that is now timely. I have seen a lot of activity in moving threads to their appropriate place within the forum. Is there a way to move sub-forums that are no longer current to an archive such that they can still be found, yet do not create clutter?

In addition, is it possible to create a sub-forum for each abduction case or at least rename them in a standard format so that someone new to the site could easily distinguish each separate case from the other clutter within the forum?

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Request for Administrators/Moderators to Clean Up Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 01:02:40 AM »
I think only admins can create new things such as sub-forums. Moderators are mostly content-oriented. I'll look into what I can do.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:12:04 AM »
Quote from: liesl78;18889
I think only admins can create new things such as sub-forums. Moderators are mostly content-oriented. I'll look into what I can do.
Thanks. If you created new sub-forums, I would suggest only listing the last name and the country. Adding the words, "Abduction Case" is repetitive and not needed as the sub-forums are in the category, "Other Abductions". With only the last name and country listed as the sub-forum title, it wouldn't take up much screen space. Examples would read like this: "Weinstein: Brazil" or "Bermudez: Mexico"

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
Liesl is right...only admins can create sub forums and change forum names. I think it is a really good idea tho especially since you are finding all of these other LBPs . they should all have their own forum to create some type of organization. if you would like i can go onto that forum and move things to where they belong for now. Ex: "this is sickening" is a thread started byt Marty about his ex. I could move that into his sub forum. Let me know
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »
First, we need to have the administrators create/edit the sub-forums. Actually, "this is really sick" was posted by Marty about hatufim.org.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;18964
First, we need to have the administrators create/edit the sub-forums. Actually, "this is really sick" was posted by Marty about hatufim.org.
Ooop! My bad...i thought it was about Marty. Thanks for clarifying.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org