Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tech Support - Question  (Read 10533 times)

JMP

Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »
Quote from: carlos;9997
Where do the thread's marked as "Moved" go to? I try to click the thread and it says I don't have permission to that area..

If there is no working redirect as you have just found they are moved off line for one reason or another.:ban:

Offline Shar

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 08:38:21 PM »
Is there any way some of the existing threads can be clustered or collapsed? I haven't been able to spend as much time on the Forum the past week due to some urgent issues, and trying to reintegrate myself into the latest BSH news has been a little confusing. It seems that some threads and topics are "wandering" and others have become more dispersed or redundant.

This is in NO way a criticism. I think it's a natural evolution because so many people are concerned and want to speak out and do something. It might be helpful to have some kind of thread "roadmap" or archive as the Forum continues to expand. I don't have the technical savvy/experience to know what's even possible...& don't mean to be presumptuous. Just a thought...

JMP

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »
I'd suggest hitting the new post button on the top after you log on.
This may help you too see what you missed rather then wading through all the forums and threads that you already have read with nothing new added.;)

Offline Shar

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 10:46:08 PM »
Thanks...will do!

Offline CarpenterSteve

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »
Where do the thread's marked as "Moved" go to? I try to click the thread and it says I don't have permission to that area..

They re-direct to the appropriate forum. Occasionally they are moved to the administration forum for discussion.

Administering and Moderating this site is quite a task, new moderators have been directed to move threads that they consider questionable, or are unsure how to deal with to the administration forum.

We ask your patience and understanding, we have recently been deluged with complaints on what some people consider "objectionable" posts. Some of our recently promoted moderators are dedicated to the cause but completely new to the nuances of effective moderation.

We all start somewhere and these "Newbie" moderators are doing their very best in a completely voluntary difficult "job". The "Old Timers" are learning them to give a much needed hand!

Thank You so much for your understanding, participation in and dedication to this noble cause!
Stephen P McKenna
Administrator - BringSeanHome.org

WE NEED YOU and YOUR COMMENTS

ONGOING EFFORT - KEEP SENDING EMAILS TO THE UN!!!

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »
Bob and / or Teena,
Can  you tell me how I can change my user name?  So totally unimportant, but months later I am still the corny twoboysmommy and would like to be known just as Christine.  I thought this was a short-term forum when I first signed up... and here we are months later and probably will be for a very long time...
I have searched the user CP for a way to do this but did not come up with anything.  I remember seeing one other member had changed usernames.

Thanks very much,
Christine

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
Quote from: twoboysmommy;22017
Bob and / or Teena,
Can you tell me how I can change my user name? So totally unimportant, but months later I am still the corny twoboysmommy and would like to be known just as Christine. I thought this was a short-term forum when I first signed up... and here we are months later and probably will be for a very long time...
I have searched the user CP for a way to do this but did not come up with anything. I remember seeing one other member had changed usernames.

Thanks very much,
Christine
Referred her to an Admin.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Shar

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »
Is there any way I can delete one of my posts?   Re: #14 on "My Daddy is waiting for Me"?

It doesn't make sense now that the thread has been modified.  (Sorry...I got a little carried away in the spirit of the moment!)

If not, please delete it for me (the full paragraph).  Thanks!!

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:27:45 AM »
Hi Shar - As requested, your post has been deleted. - M

Offline Shar

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;35611
Hi Shar - As requested, your post has been deleted. - M

Hi  M.Capestro--Thanks so much!

Offline Hanna

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
I created two new threads these last couple days and it just 'disapears' and it doesn't even show on my 'statistics'. What is happening?

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
Quote from: Hanna;37184
I created two new threads these last couple days and it just 'disapears' and it doesn't even show on my 'statistics'. What is happening?
Hanna, I know for sure your last thread was deleted by an admin b/c it already existed in another thread. I am not sure about the first one but it was probably for a similar reason. If a post or thread is ever deleted due to any violation rules or regulations you would be notified. I am sorry for any confusion.
Thank you for your support!
Teena
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
Quote from: Hanna;37184

Same with the other - I merged it into an already existing thread on the same topic.

Offline Chuckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 10:35:04 PM »
Yes - the Early Show thread was deleted by your's truly because it had been introduced already in another thread.  Sorry - I usually PM someone when I do that; but I was whipped at the time and forgot to send you a message.  Apologies and thanks for your support!
Chuck Caspari
Administrator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Shar

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2009, 11:22:40 AM »
Hi--I have two items...

(1) Can any member start a new thread, and if so, how?
(2) Please start a thread, if appropriate, to post this article from the NJ Star-Ledger...MEDIA, June 28:
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-14/1246194315288340.xml&coll=1

There are gut-wrenching quotes from David we haven't seen before:
Goldman denies that, saying that when he is able to speak to his son, the child begs him to come back with Goldman.
 "When I'm able to visit him we're trapped in a common area in a condo," Goldman said adding that someone is posted nearby to monitor them and that person often is recording the conversation. "
My son left there crying, screaming, missing me," he said.

Sorry to bother you with this if there's an easy way to do it myself!