Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tech Support - Question  (Read 10417 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline M.Capestro

  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2247
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »
Quote from: Shar;39660
Hi--I have two items...

(1) Can any member start a new thread, and if so, how?
(2) Please start a thread, if appropriate, to post this article from the NJ Star-Ledger...MEDIA, June 24:
http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ssf?/base/news-14/1246194315288340.xml&coll=1

There are gut-wrenching quotes from David we haven't seen before:
Goldman denies that, saying that when he is able to speak to his son, the child begs him to come back with Goldman.
 ...
 "When I'm able to visit him we're trapped in a common area in a condo," Goldman said adding that someone is posted nearby to monitor them and that person often is recording the conversation. "
My son left there crying, screaming, missing me," he said.

Sorry to bother you with this if there's an easy way to do it myself!


Hi Shar,

1. Anyone can start a new thread. When you are on a main page of any forum, there's a button at the top of the page (just above the list of threads) called "New Thread." We do ask, however, that you not start a new thread for a topic already being discussed or is suitable for discussion in a thread that's already been started. (For example, a new news story should be posted in the media coverage thread for that day and not in it's own separate thread.)

2. This news story was posted to nj.com last night and it posted in the Media Coverage thread from yesterday. However, I see that they've updated the date to reflect it as a news story from today. I'll start the media thread for today and put it at the top in case there are others who haven't seen it.

Thanks!

M.

Offline Shar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 299
Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2009, 11:37:27 AM »
Quote from: M.Capestro;39662
Hi Shar,

2. This news story was posted to nj.com last night and it posted in the Media Coverage thread from yesterday. However, I see that they've updated the date to reflect it as a news story from today. I'll start the media thread for today and put it at the top in case there are others who haven't seen it.

Thanks!

M.

Thanks for all the info, M.Capestro!  (I missed the article on BSH last night in the other thread...Just received it on a Google alert and wanted to be sure it was out there for all.)

Offline Shar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 299
Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2009, 10:48:46 PM »
Another question...I guess it's obvious I don't belong to a lot of forums!

When I go to my CP, I can view the emails I received from other members; and I can click on the ones to which I replied and read my replies.  My INBOX correctly states the number of emails received.

But when I click to view my SENT items,  none appear; and it says I've sent 0 (incorrect).

I just sent a PM to another member.  I can't find that one either.

Thanks for any advice!

Offline Teena

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2154
Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
Quote from: Shar;40108
Another question...I guess it's obvious I don't belong to a lot of forums!
 
When I go to my CP, I can view the emails I received from other members; and I can click on the ones to which I replied and read my replies. My INBOX correctly states the number of emails received.
 
But when I click to view my SENT items, none appear; and it says I've sent 0 (incorrect).
 
I just sent a PM to another member. I can't find that one either.
 
Thanks for any advice!
Shar,
 
Go to your CP. Click on Edit Options, scroll down until you see
 
When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.






Teena Duffy
Moderator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Shar

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 299
Re: Tech Support - Question
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
Quote from: Teena;40113
Shar,
 
Go to your CP. Click on Edit Options, scroll down until you see
 
When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.






THANKS, TEENA....WILL DO!