Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blog for updates on Carlos and Sage  (Read 44749 times)

Offline momoftwo

• This is the last time I saw my nephew, Sage
Blog for updates on Carlos and Sage
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I should probably introduce myself since I'm not very active on the forums.  I happen to be Carlos' twin sister, and I recently started a blog to provide updates on Carlos and Sage's case.  It's pretty new, so there's not a ton to it yet, but I do plan to update it regularly.  If you'd like to check it out, join and show your support (if you "join" it will just send you updates when something new is posted), here is the address:

www.justiceforsagebermudez.blogspot.com

I just posted pictures today of Carlos and Sage's visit in Mexico.  He's no longer the round-cheeked little toddler you see on his dad's profile here...

Take care,
Sonia

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Blog for updates on Carlos and Sage
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »
Hi Sonia, welcome to BSH. It's nice to "see" you here - I met you at the hearing.

I just looked at the website. Sage looks so big and has changed quite a bit. I can't imagine how hard it must be for your family and how much you all miss him. He's a very handsome boy.
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:20:57 PM »
Hi liesl78,

Since I only met a few people in D.C., I'm sure I would remember you, except that I don't remember names well :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking out the blog!  It is hard to see him so big when all we've had to look at for so long are his sweet little baby/toddler pictures, but it's still good to see him FINALLY.  Unfortunately, after talking to Carlos tonight, there were some definite indicators that there is some very intentional parental alienation going on, but I can't say it was too much of a surprise coming from a woman who was willing to do what she did in the first place.

More updates when they become available!

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 11:34:21 PM »
No worries, I'm terrible with names myself :)

You have my picture on the blog, I'm the one wearing a black dress.

The parental alienation is very unfortunate but it seems to be consistent amongst IPCA cases. Hang in there!
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »
Wait...you're Carlos' twin!?

Hi Sonia,

I'm Missy, I also met you in DC (also pictured in your blog). It's great to see you here in the forums. Welcome to BSH!

Let me say I LOVE YOUR BLOG and love that you are stepping forward to be a voice for Carlos while he is focused elsewhere! I think it's great that you're sharing Carlos and Sage's story with others. Sharing his thoughts and experiences will help to engage the public and, hopefully, gain their support. Consider sharing your own experiences as well. So many people don't consider the impact IPCA has on left-behind family members.

Please know that you have our support. Carlos is such an important part of our team and has done so much for so many, please let us know how we can help.

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
M.Capestro and liesl78--now I know who you both are :hihi

Yes, Carlos (or David as I've always called him--it's his middle name--but I will avoid it here so as not to create any confusion) and I are twins :)  We spent several birthdays debating over who was "older" when we were younger...now that we're older, I no longer argue my case on that one :)

I started the blog as a way to feel I was doing "something" concrete to support my brother.  He has started a few similar blogs over the years, but as you said, his efforts so often have to be focused elsewhere.  All of you at BSH do such a wonderful job of covering IPCA on a larger scale, in the media, the laws and politics surrounding it, and keeping people up to date on what is happening, that I don't plan to include much of that on Sage's blog...my intent is mostly to focus on what's happening in Mexico for Carlos, and hopefully to have many people follow the blog so that he knows others are paying attention too.  That being said, I hope you don't mind if, for example, you have a request for people to contact congress members on an issue involving IPCA and I copy it to my blog :)

Thank you for all you both do!
Sonia

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
I tried to subscribe to your link but could not find the link to do so while on my phone.  I will check again when i have a PC. Available.
Carlos is very lucky to have a dedicated support group that includes his loving Sister!
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:10:14 AM »
StrngConviction,

To follow the blog (if you haven't found the link yet), you may have to scroll down just a bit, and find where it says "follow this blog," or something to that effect.  I believe you just type in your email address and it should add you.  If you have any problems with it, please let me know so I can try to figure it out...I've had a few people join and begin receiving updates, but they're still not showing up as followers.

Thanks so much!!!
Sonia

Offline kmoor88

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
Sonia,
Thank you so much for letting us know that Carlos finally got to see Sage again. He has fought so hard to see his son. You are so right that Sage is grown up so much. Praying that his ex will see how important it is for Sage to see and love his father and stop any alienation.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 10:24:53 AM »
I just subscribed.

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »
Hi Sonia,
LOVE the blog.  HATE that is has to exist at all.
Amazing to see how much Sage has grown from those baby pictures.  It must be so insanely heart-wrenching to miss him so much.
As always, our best to Carlos in these ever-important days.
Christine

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
Thanks to all who have subscribed!!!

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
Hi Sonia,
LOVE the blog.  HATE that is has to exist at all.
Amazing to see how much Sage has grown from those baby pictures.  It must be so insanely heart-wrenching to miss him so much.
As always, our best to Carlos in these ever-important days.
Christine

Could not have said it better.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
Got it! 
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »
I have subscribed.  Sage is a cute little boy.  Hope he is reunited with his Dad soon.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose