Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A father's long, fierce fight to get his son back  (Read 5875 times)

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
Re: A father's long, fierce fight to get his son back
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »
Who is the lady in the video with the necklace and talking about Sean ? His grandma ?
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »
Who is the lady in the video with the necklace and talking about Sean ? His grandma ?
you mean the woman with the necklace in the end of the video,the necklace that has a photo of Bruna and one of Sean's teeth?
yes,that's Sean's grandma

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »
I just don't agree with one thing "He lived a very sedentary lifestyle [in Brazil] "
Sean used to play basketball,just like he uses to play nowadays,he practiced soccer,swimming and jiu jitsu...we saw his ex jiu jitsu teacher visit him and we saw his room,full of medals and trophies that he won at school and in a swimming competition

Sean doesn't even like soccer
and what was he doing in the soccer team then?
and playing with his friends with a soccer ball?

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »
I just don't agree with one thing "He lived a very sedentary lifestyle [in Brazil] "
Sean used to play basketball,just like he uses to play nowadays,he practiced soccer,swimming and jiu jitsu...we saw his ex jiu jitsu teacher visit him and we saw his room,full of medals and trophies that he won at school and in a swimming competition

READ THE BOOK......

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »

I don't really know what your trying to prove here.  Are you friends of the family and are you coming here to defend his time in Brazil?  I don't understand why you are posting old pictures of Sean in Brazil.

Offline ANALE

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
Marcos-

Did it ever occur to you that Sean had to do what his kidnappers wanted him to do like play soccer?  Don't get me started on this.  Just let it go!!

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »

I don't really know what your trying to prove here.  Are you friends of the family and are you coming here to defend his time in Brazil?  I don't understand why you are posting old pictures of Sean in Brazil.

no, I  don't know Sean's brazilian family,just saw them on TV.....

Offline sara

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 10:47:19 AM »
That is not even a real soccer ball. Look how small it is. Look also how young he is as well. The other boys, with their heads cropped out seem to be much bigger than Sean and in the picture with the boys and the medals, Sean looks much older than them. Something doesn't add up in those pictures. Smoke and mirrors.

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »

READ THE BOOK......

Bob D'Amico."Acho que é por causa da liberdade, a liberdade de poder jogar bola com os amigos na rua, ou no riacho que passa atrás da casa dele"
Bob D'Amico. "I think it's because of the freedom, the freedom to play ball with friends on the street or in the creek that passes behind his house"

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
That is not even a real soccer ball. Look how small it is. Look also how young he is as well. The other boys, with their heads cropped out seem to be much bigger than Sean and in the picture with the boys and the medals, Sean looks much older than them. Something doesn't add up in those pictures. Smoke and mirrors.
yes,that's a soccer ball,I don't know if you know,but here exist two kind of soccer,the soccer field (the most comum),and the soccer where you play in gymnasium,or if you want in the street,anywhere,and is really comum in Brazil,this kind of soccer the ball is smaller ,it is called "futsal".... the older boys in the first aren't bigger than Sean,don't you realize Sean is kneeling and they are standing?......the other picture Sean looks older,but we know he is taller than the other boys of the same age

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2011, 02:13:33 PM »
This thread is a debate based on a few words in an interview. Frankly it's ridiculous, none of us know the precise details of Sean's lifestyle in Rio and just a few know about his life here. From what David has told me, face to face, and from what I've seen with my own eyes Sean is enjoying his youth, doing exceptionally well in school and is extremely active.

I'm sure we are all happy for Sean and David.
Bob D'Amico

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
This thread is a debate based on a few words in an interview. Frankly it's ridiculous, none of us know the precise details of Sean's lifestyle in Rio and just a few know about his life here. From what David has told me, face to face, and from what I've seen with my own eyes Sean is enjoying his youth, doing exceptionally well in school and is extremely active.

I'm sure we are all happy for Sean and David.
:yeahthat
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline Diane

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
My thoughts on seeing this video,  as a grandmother, is that, of course there were some good times and the room is very nice.   So far,  this is normal and expected of loving grandparents of means.  

All of that is over shadowed by the unbelievable cruelty, of denying Sean of his wonderful father in the first place, and made so much worse by the venomous battle they put David through,  just to be with his OWN son.

I constantly am mystified by the selfishness of abductors.   She always could have spent time with Sean, at a visitor to the U.S. and under normal circumstances,  David definitely would have allowed Sean to visit his grandparents and younger sister in Brazil.   These abductors, have no concept of real love, where you put the best interests of the child before your own and surround them with ALL the people who love them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:25:53 AM by Diane »