Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fraudulent adoption reversed!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10645 times)

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
Fraudulent adoption reversed!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
Rebeca's adoption has been overturned. Her mother and stepfather still have her brainwashed, alienated and hidden away, though. We now have to make a concerted effort to put pressure on the Brazilian authorities to locate her. The kidnappers will appeal and can just make change her name by deed poll anyway, now that she's over 18.

Thanks and immense gratitude to everyone who's stood beside me and helped me get this far!!!!!!!!!!!

Judgement here:

1663/09 AÇÃO DECLARATÓRIA DE NULIDADE DA DECISÃO DE GUARDA PROVISÓRIA E NULIDADE DA SENTENÇA DE ADOÇÃO COM DESTITUIÇÃO DO PÁTRIO PODER menor: R.R.B. Sentença de fls. 773/780 (tópico final): "Diante do exposto, JULGO PARCIALMENTE PROCEDENTE OS PEDIDOS DA INICIAL, a fim de declarar a nulidade da sentença que destituiu o poder familiar do autor Martin Boyle em relação à filha R.R.S., bem como para declarar a nulidade da sentença em que concedeu a adoção da jovem R.R.S. em favor do réu José Augusto dos Santos Sá, diante do reconhecimento de nulidade na citação editalícia. Por outro lado, JULGO EXTINTO, SEM JULGAMENTO DE MÉRITO, O PEDIDO de nulidade da sentença de guarda, por absoluta falta de interesse processual, nos termos do art. 267, inciso VI, do Código de Processo Civil. Após o trânsito em julgado, oficie-se ao Oficial de Registro Civil das Pessoas Naturais do 17º Subdistrito Bela Vista, da Comarca de São Paulo, Capital, determinando o cancelamento do assento de n. 246920, lavrado às folhas 125, do Livro-489, em nome de R.R.S., bem como para determinar a reativação do assento de nascimento de n. 5753, lavrado às fls. 226 v., do Livro A-244, em nome deR.R.B., devendo constar do ofício requisitório cópia da sentença, a fim do Registrador entender o caso (fls. 118 do apenso da ação de adoção). Como na Vara da Infância e Juventude inexiste sucumbência processual, nos termos do art. 141, parágrafo 2º, do Estatuto da Criança e do Adolescente, autorizo o autor a levantar a quantia depositada como garantia judicial. Expeça-se guia de levantamento do valor depositado as fls. 534. No mais, sem custas processuais. P.R.I.C.." ADV. DR.ALEXANDRE CALISSI CERQUEIRA (OAB/SP 154.407), DR. BRUNO GONÇALVES RIBEIRO (OAB/SP 263.339).

Offline ProudDaddy

Re: Fraudulent adoption reversed!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
Rebeca's adoption has been overturned. Her mother and stepfather still have her brainwashed, alienated and hidden away, though. We now have to make a concerted effort to put pressure on the Brazilian authorities to locate her. The kidnappers will appeal and can just make change her name by deed poll anyway, now that she's over 18.

Thanks and immense gratitude to everyone who's stood beside me and helped me get this far!!!!!!!!!!!

Judgement here:

1663/09 AÇÃO DECLARATÓRIA DE NULIDADE DA DECISÃO DE GUARDA PROVISÓRIA E NULIDADE DA SENTENÇA DE ADOÇÃO COM DESTITUIÇÃO DO PÁTRIO PODER menor: R.R.B. Sentença de fls. 773/780 (tópico final): "Diante do exposto, JULGO PARCIALMENTE PROCEDENTE OS PEDIDOS DA INICIAL, a fim de declarar a nulidade da sentença que destituiu o poder familiar do autor Martin Boyle em relação à filha R.R.S., bem como para declarar a nulidade da sentença em que concedeu a adoção da jovem R.R.S. em favor do réu José Augusto dos Santos Sá, diante do reconhecimento de nulidade na citação editalícia. Por outro lado, JULGO EXTINTO, SEM JULGAMENTO DE MÉRITO, O PEDIDO de nulidade da sentença de guarda, por absoluta falta de interesse processual, nos termos do art. 267, inciso VI, do Código de Processo Civil. Após o trânsito em julgado, oficie-se ao Oficial de Registro Civil das Pessoas Naturais do 17º Subdistrito Bela Vista, da Comarca de São Paulo, Capital, determinando o cancelamento do assento de n. 246920, lavrado às folhas 125, do Livro-489, em nome de R.R.S., bem como para determinar a reativação do assento de nascimento de n. 5753, lavrado às fls. 226 v., do Livro A-244, em nome deR.R.B., devendo constar do ofício requisitório cópia da sentença, a fim do Registrador entender o caso (fls. 118 do apenso da ação de adoção). Como na Vara da Infância e Juventude inexiste sucumbência processual, nos termos do art. 141, parágrafo 2º, do Estatuto da Criança e do Adolescente, autorizo o autor a levantar a quantia depositada como garantia judicial. Expeça-se guia de levantamento do valor depositado as fls. 534. No mais, sem custas processuais. P.R.I.C.." ADV. DR.ALEXANDRE CALISSI CERQUEIRA (OAB/SP 154.407), DR. BRUNO GONÇALVES RIBEIRO (OAB/SP 263.339).

Congratulations! This is a great victory indeed. The ruling also says that you are allowed to withdraw a sum of money that you had deposited as a guarantee (for something I don't know). On the other hand the ruling also dismisses your request to annul the custody/reverse the custody of your daughter. I understand that the judge denied the plea on the grounds that Rebecca is no longer a minor.

But it is not clear to me why you say that it's necessary to put pressure on the Brazilian authorities to locate Rebecca. If she is an adult and free to go and do what pleases her, there is no legal reason to go after her. Of course she has to be warned that her name has legally changed back to Rebecca Ribeiro Boyle and her personal documents must be changed accordingly. But the notice can be done by editals, newspapers, etc, not necessarily reaching her physically.

But maybe I am missing something here...

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »
Congratulations!!! :yeahthat

Offline Bob D'Amico

• Veteran Member
    • Bring Sean Home Foundation
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 03:32:47 PM »
Great news Martin, well no actually it's incredible considering the way you've been mistreated and tortured over so many years.

For those of you, not familiar with Martin's case there are two articles on the main website that go into detail. While the Goldman case is an example of how the wealthy and politically connected can "game" the judiciary in Brazil, Martin's case is THE PRIME EXAMPLE of the "mountain" a parent must climb when corruption and incompetence in Brazil as well the ineptitude of the British Foreign Office.

Rebeca Boyle Timeline
Carnival of Despair: The Continuing Search for Rebeca

Bob D'Amico

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
now that her name is back to Rebeca Rezende Boyle that means she can have her dad's citizenship back,right?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:42:40 PM by a.marcos »

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
proudDaddy ,  Rebeca RIBEIRO Boyle?

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »

Her name is Rebeca Rezende Boyle.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
I also want to add my congratulations.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »
Why should everyone fingerpoint . I think it awesome that he even knew her maiden last name , the fact he got the middlename wrong was only thru teying to help , I am sure .
 I think because of the disrespect we get from abducting parents  ,the iresponsibility of the OCI and the lack of constant pursuit of our attorneys has most of us quick to point fault . Take a step back and breathe when you come to this site and debate or discuss . We are ALL here for the same cause "United We Stand "  its one thing to point out there was an error lets not argue and try to make a spectacle of a brother or sister LBT ... Were all tired :)
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline Diane

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
Why should everyone fingerpoint . I think it awesome that he even knew her maiden last name , the fact he got the middlename wrong was only thru teying to help , I am sure .
 I think because of the disrespect we get from abducting parents  ,the iresponsibility of the OCI and the lack of constant pursuit of our attorneys has most of us quick to point fault . Take a step back and breathe when you come to this site and debate or discuss . We are ALL here for the same cause "United We Stand "  its one thing to point out there was an error lets not argue and try to make a spectacle of a brother or sister LBT ... Were all tired :)

Good advice,  and also wanted to thank you Gary for encouraging everyone.   

Martin,  so happy for you.             It was such a long battle for you and I hope reunification happens soon.    Diane

Offline ProudDaddy

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »

Her name is Rebeca Rezende Boyle.
Oops,sorry. My bad.

Offline a.marcos

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:11 PM »
wow,she's gonna turn 19?

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 04:28:48 AM »
Everyone gets names wrong on this site - I do it all the time, myself. Thanks to everyone for posting on here and encouraging me. The important thing is that we stick together and support each other by passing on our experiences. If it hadn't been for this site, there's no way that my case would have got such wide publicity.

Just a point about locating Rebeca - the court has made this decision but Rebeca herself was not there for the hearing in February (her mother and stepfather refused to bring her and the judge did nothing). I overheard the stepfather asking the court clerk if they could delay giving their address for reasons of 'security'. The clerk went off to ask the judge and I heard nothing more. The only addresses I had were two previous ones and I went to these but they weren't there when I went. Rebeca's mother cut off all contact with her parents and family five years ago, so her father was unable to provide an address. None of the authorities that I have approached have shown any interest in locating the current address.

The guardianship was not reversed because Rebeca is no longer a minor, so it is of no interest to the court. What are important are the adoption, the patrio poder and the change of identity in the birth certificate - the court has found in my favour here, although the other side can, and probably will,  appeal. Rebeca has a UK consular birth certificate issued in her real name by the UK consulate in 1992 and, yes, under the British Nationality Act 1981 she can have British citizenship. The possession of a British passport will make it easier for her to enter certain countries without a visa if she wants. Having said that, though, I personally am not ideologically driven to claim that she is British or has any kind of British identity and the behaviour of my country's authorities in this matter makes me even less inclined to start waving the flag over this. States, nations, passports and flags just complicate these issues. Rebeca is my daughter first-and-foremost, and I just want to see her.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 11:41:04 AM »
I don't understand how the mother can have the stepfather try to adopt her legally, but they don't have an address?  I'm not buying that one.

Offline Diane

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
Does anyone else here feel nauseated by the word,  APPEAL.  This girl is 19.   She should have full freedom to meet her father.   Everything else should be irrelevant.  But then the lawyers, the courts, etc. would not have the control, the political games, the money to keep this farce going.