Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fraudulent adoption reversed!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Fraudulent adoption reversed!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
I don't understand how the mother can have the stepfather try to adopt her legally, but they don't have an address?  I'm not buying that one.

Not quite sure what you mean by "not buying that one."

I still don't fully understand the jiggery-pokery that went on and how my ex managed to hide her whereabouts during this time and I'm still dumbfounded that the judge did nothing to force my daughter to appear in court in person or for their real address to be stated (unless, of course, they actually do reside at the previous address and are managing to hide the fact).

I have been advised by my lawyer not to put the full judgement up on here until after any appeal takes place.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
I'm not buying that one.

It's an American (I think) saying that means one doesn't believe what is said since it defies logic. And it definitely makes no sense that someone can adopt someone else when the location of the adopted person is unknown!

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
I know what the saying means...just not who the story is not being bought from - me or my ex.

Addresses were provided by my ex during the adoption process. They are not (according to my ex) the current address, and my ex and her partner have not provided their current address. I cannot explain or rationalise how this can have happened since I am not that well versed in Brazilian judicial procedures. Feel a bit weird that I'm attempting to explain this again on this forum.