Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going To See Nicole!!!!!  (Read 6614 times)

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
Going To See Nicole!!!!!
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
I'm leaving tomorrow to go spend two weeks with Nicole. There was a hearing during the first week of June in Brazil on my Hague application seeking visitation with Nicole in the US. The first question out of the judges mouth was "Where is the Father?". She asked if I ever get to talk to Nikki and do I ever get to see Nikki. Both answers were yes from the defendant. The judge asked if I was coming any time soon and the answer was yes he will be here July the 7th for two weeks. The judge stopped the proceedings at that moment and set a new hearing date for July 8th anfd said to the court for the record  and I quote "I want to speak to the father"

Not only did she reset the new hearing date for July 8th, the day after I get there, she also set a quote "Final Hearing" Date for July 19th before I leave to come home. I'm armed and ready for anything this judge or the TP can throw at me. I do not expect to many fireworks though because Nikki's mother is cooperating to a degree. There are conditions and they seem to be acceptable.

Here's hoping that we are finally rounding third base heading home with Nikki FINALLY getting to come back to her first home. Nikki is aware of everything and she is excited that she may finally get to come home to at least have extended period visitations. Keep praying for Nikki and I and I hope I come back with great news at the end of this month.

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Going To See Nicole!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
Mate, great news. Wish you the very very best. Enjoy your time with your daughter no matter what happens. Enjoy every minute of it.

Noan's Dad.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:05:30 PM »
Praying for you both. I am glad that you have a judge who seems interested in the case as I hope that translates to giving your daughter extended visits in the USA. I'm thrilled she is excited about the prospect of coming back with you!

Offline momoftwo

• This is the last time I saw my nephew, Sage
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18:24 AM »
Wonderful news!  I hope you have a great visit and court goes as it should...keep us updated. 

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
Great, you get to spend time with your daughter.  Hope you and daughtrs have loads of fun.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline ANALE

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
Enjoy every precious moment with your daughter.  Will be praying for you both!

Offline kmoor88

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Great News!!! Hope you have a wonderful time with Nicole.  It sounds like you might have a good judge that is going to help you be with your daughter. Take lot's of pictures!

Offline Diane

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »
This sounds like it will be a wonderful chance to spend time with Nikki and to make memories that will last a lifetime.  Also sounds like you are dealing with a no nonsense judge who may hand down a fair ruling.  I also would love to see some pictures.  Very great news indeed!!   Diane

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »
Wonderful news!  I hope you have a great visit and court goes as it should...keep us updated. 

Good luck!  Enjoy your visit and let us know how it goes!

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »

Good luck!  Enjoy your visit and let us know how it goes!

:yeahthat

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
I hope this judge will make a fair decision. Good Luck Marty.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 09:07:12 PM »
Fabulous news, Marty!  Hopefully this judge will give you what you deserve - to be able to bring your daughter back to the US to visit her American family as well.  She deserves to know ALL of her family.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »
As happy as I am that it sounds like you may at least be able to bring your daughter home for visits I can't help but wonder what sort of world we live in where it's cause for celebration that you are allowed to spend any time with your abducted daughter at all.  You are a father and should be able to educate, guide and parent her in all things, not be just be a spectator allowed to look through a window at your daughter's life...

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to rain on anyone's parade.

It sounds like the judge has an open mind and cares about who you are (rather than just writing you off as an "American male.")

I hope everything works out for the best.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:14 AM »
As happy as I am that it sounds like you may at least be able to bring your daughter home for visits I can't help but wonder what sort of world we live in where it's cause for celebration that you are allowed to spend any time with your abducted daughter at all.  You are a father and should be able to educate, guide and parent her in all things, not be just be a spectator allowed to look through a window at your daughter's life...
It takes one LBP to understand another. This is exactly why my trip to Brazil (which I returned from yesterday) was so frustrating and upsetting. All of my emotions which I can manage when I am in the United States came to the surface for this exact reason.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
Fabulous news, Marty!  Hopefully this judge will give you what you deserve - to be able to bring your daughter back to the US to visit her American family as well.  She deserves to know ALL of her family.
wow . Now that would be a godsent gift for sure .
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.