Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Nicole is coming home..........  (Read 15779 times)

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Nicole is coming home..........
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:28:49 PM »
Nicole will be visiting our family in Houston by end of November and she will do this every year and will also visit during her mid year break as well in July. We cannot interfere with her school. It's a victory for Nicole. I will give more details later because I'm tired after 6 hours of negotiating and I'm hungry.

I will say that my case was fully represented by the AGU's office, my attorney and two reps from the US Government. The vice-consul general from Brasilia was there and the Consul's office in Manaus. I do have some things to do in Texas with the legal syatem there but it's all but done.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: FINALLY!!!!!!!!! Nicole is coming home..........
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
This is great news! \o/

Now get some rest - you deserve it!
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline luvthelake

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 01:20:36 AM »
Congrats that is great news....

Offline Diane

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:13:17 AM »
Marty,  I just went back to read all the posts shown on this forum.  Goes back to Feb. 2009.   You have been through so much and supported so many other people during that time.   You have evolved and changed tactics and managed to garner, support and finally the cooperation of your wife.   This is encouraging and inspirational to everyone going through this epic battle.  Can't wait for pictures of the first reunion on U.S. soil.  Very happy for you,  Diane
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:29:41 AM by Diane »

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
Marty,  I just went back to read all the posts shown on this forum.  Goes back to Feb. 2009.   You have been through so much and supported so many other people during that time.   You have evolved and changed tactics and managed to garner, support and finally the cooperation of your wife.   This is encouraging and inspirational to everyone going through this epic battle.  Can't wait for pictures of the first reunion on U.S. soil.  Very happy for you,  Diane

:yeahthat

Congrats Marty !!!!!
Awesomeness !!!!!
w00t w00t !!!
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline ChristineS

• Bring Sean Home Foundation
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:17 AM »
Awesome news Marty!!!!  I hope you have many wonderful father-daughter celebrations.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:55 AM »
Excellent news - congratulations! 

Offline todez

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »
That's fantastic and a relief, I'm sure!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »
Wonderful news!

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »

Thank you and I will continue to support those other left behind parents and I made sure that the US reps here and the federal atorney here knew there were still over 60 American children still here that needs to have the same sort of outcome. I will never leave this cause and will always support the other LBP. I just hope that some of them will see this story and know that there are other options if the outright return does not work. We used Article 21 from the Hague and a lot of prayer. Nicole is very happy this is all over now. She told me last night that she was happy that Mommy and Daddy are not fighting anymore. She is such a good spirited little girl and now she is getting what SHE deserves.

Offline ANALE

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »
This is just such WONDERFUL news.  Couldn't be happier for you both.  My hopes and prayers go out to you both and all the other LBP.  Thank you for not forgetting all the others.

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »
Really great news after what happened recently with Michael McCarthy and Liam.

Happy you can have your daughter with you.
* FC_Florida *

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
I just hope that some of them will see this story and know that there are other options if the outright return does not work.
I was offered visits over 4 years ago. The key that you point out is ". . . if the outright return does not work." So far, I haven't been willing to negotiate for visits until I'm out of legal options for a return. Sadly, I'm just about there.

Offline sharon regina

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:00:02 PM »
Congratulations, I'm happy that an agreement was possible.  It's the best for the child, mommy and daddy aren't more fighing!

Offline Nicole's Dad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »
I just hope that some of them will see this story and know that there are other options if the outright return does not work.
I was offered visits over 4 years ago. The key that you point out is ". . . if the outright return does not work." So far, I haven't been willing to negotiate for visits until I'm out of legal options for a return. Sadly, I'm just about there.
You are already there Tim. Start the process now using Article 21. It's best for the children. Use my case in Manaus as an example to the judge and AGU. I will share the docs with you once everything is final so you have an example. I had a very deep conversation with Nicole about this and I went with what she wanted. Not what I wanted. Children will just about always want to stay with Mommy. At least mine did and now she knows that she has her freedom back to come and go as she please outside of her school. Best of luck to you my friend. If I can help in anyway, please let me know.