Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suspected child abduction halted at SFO  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Suspected child abduction halted at SFO
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:39 PM »
I just saw this posted on Twitter:

Suspected child abduction halted at SFO

A 30-year-old Napa man bound for Jordan was arrested Tuesday before he boarded a plane at the San Francisco International Airport with his two daughters, Napa Police said.

Investigators said Ahmad Alwawi was in apparent violation of a Napa court order that he not take his children out of Napa County during divorce proceedings.

Alwawi was detained at the airport before he and his two daughters boarded an early afternoon flight for Amman, Jordan via Chicago, Napa Police Sgt. Chase Haag said.

His wife, Jessica Alwawi, had filed for divorce Friday in Napa County Superior Court citing irreconcilable differences, court documents show.

In her declaration to the court, Jessica Alwawi's said her husband wanted to take the girls to either Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

The court issued a temporary court order Friday directing that Ahmad Alwawi not to take the two girls, ages 4 and 1, out of Napa County, court documents show.

More at the link: 
http://napavalleyregister.com/news/local/suspected-child-abduction-halted-at-sfo/article_b1e4f14a-ad7f-11e0-b0d9-001cc4c002e0.html
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Diane

Re: Suspected child abduction halted at SFO
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 05:30:59 PM »
O my gosh.   That was a very close call.  For once the system worked.   Four and one year old little girls,  who likely would not have seen their mother again for many years.   I hope steps will be taken to prevent him from another attempt.  Someone needs to direct her to this forum.   Diane

Offline todez

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:19:21 PM »
That mother was very lucky in this case!  I still don't understand why there are no exit controls at U.S. ports.  That would halt a large percentage of these abductions.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »
Thank God, at least this is one abduction that was stopped.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
O my gosh.   That was a very close call.  For once the system worked.   Four and one year old little girls,  who likely would not have seen their mother again for many years.   I hope steps will be taken to prevent him from another attempt.  Someone needs to direct her to this forum.   Diane
:yeahthat
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline momoftwo

• This is the last time I saw my nephew, Sage
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 03:15:58 AM »
How terrifying, but what a blessing it didn't work this time.  I can't imagine being a four-year-old girl from the U.S. who was then taken to Jordan of all places.