Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update on Andrew Richardson  (Read 3462 times)

Offline bringandrewhome

Update on Andrew Richardson
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »
Our grandson, Andrew, is eight years old today, Wednesday, April 9. He was abducted by his mother from his home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and taken to
Mexico in August 2007. His father, Trevor, began his pursuit of his son's return in October 2007 in the Mexican courts in accordance with the Hague
Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. In October 2008 a Mexican State Court ruled that Andrew should be returned to Trevor in
the USA. His ex-wife, Mariana, immediately appealed this ruling. Her actions of filing this appeal prevented Andrew from being returned to Trevor, and
later she won a reversal of the Mexican State Court's earlier ruling for the return of Andrew to his father. Trevor has continued for the past six years
pursuing his son's return in the Mexican court system.

Last month the U.S. State Department called Trevor. They told him that they had received a call from the Mexican Central Authority that there was a ruling
on the appeal that Trevor had filed with the Mexican federal court system in February 2013. This ruling was against the return of Andrew to Trevor. This
court did recognize Mariana’s abduction of Andrew as illegal, but was not willing to return Andrew since "he has been there for so long". This court did
reverse the lower state court's ruling that Trevor must pay Mariana's legal fees.

Trevor was told he had ten business days to file an appeal to the Mexican Supreme Court. The U.S. State Department did not sound too optimistic about
his winning such an appeal, plus it would be a very lengthy and expensive process. So Trevor decided that his pursuit of Andrew's return through the
Mexican civil courts for over six years must end.

We are saddened by the latest ruling, which we believe is unjust and harmful to Andrew. We are proud of Trevor, and support his decision to end his
six-year fight in the Mexican court system for Andrew's return. He has courageously and honorably pursued bringing Andrew home to the USA using the
Hague Treaty process. We will continue to work with Trevor to make sure that someday, when Andrew comes looking for his father, he will be able to find him
and to learn about how much his father loves him and wants him in his life.

Bob and Sharon Richardson

P.S. Please contact your U.S. Senators asking them to pass into law "The Sean and David Goldman International Child Abduction Prevention and Return Act
(H.R. 3212)".

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: Update on Andrew Richardson
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
Would any judge ever tell a bank robber that since it took 6.5 years to issue a ruling and since in that time you've grown accustomed to a certain standard of living we're going to reward you by allowing you to keep the money?

Ambassador Jacobs is shouting out from the roof tops that Mexico is such a great partner nowadays, and yet the only stories I hear are ones like yours. Unforgivable.

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Offline caleb

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this. My son was illegally taken to brazil by his mother. I found this great website and I started reading every thread. And what I learned is that the Hague Convention is a complete failure!

I'm not trying to be an ass but this is what I learned. Once your child is abducted the only way you are getting him/her back is through the underground. Don't waste a single penny on a lawyer. Especially in Mexico. Get him to the tijuana boarder and you have your child back. Forget the courts they are not going to help.

Offline wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 10:48:48 PM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting