Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: List of Existing Groups  (Read 15615 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:54 AM »
Note this is all subject to change as we are just now trying to organize. At this point, here is what we have:

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=51794024583

Website
http://www.childrenstuckinbrazil.webs.com/

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:27:56 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;5
Note this is all subject to change as we are just now trying to organize. At this point, here is what we have:

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=51794024583

Website
http://www.childrenstuckinbrazil.webs.com/

Thanks Tim!  I just joined the facebook page - the more awareness the better.  Your website is looking good, it will just take some time to add everyone to it.  GREAT IDEA!

God Bless You....I wish we could get Sean and your children back today!
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
list of existing groups
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:36:48 AM »
great news.  joined both groups.

Offline rachelle4

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
Great job Tim! I also joined both sites. Hopefully, this will be the start of a change in the right direction for you. I hope you were able to talk to your daughter for her birthday.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
Yes, I was able to speak to her yesterday. She went to Subway for lunch, McDonalds for dessert and a Chinese restaurant for dinner. She also saw the movie, Hotel for Dogs. Today, she went to the beach, but my son didn't. He doesn't like the beach!

Mariah

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »
I find it incredibly obnoxious that Tim Weinstein is using David's forums to publicize his case. Tim, your case is VERY different from David's and you really need to back off. People are saying how annoying you are by riding David's coattails. David's situation is very unique and has gained attention for that very fact. You need to find you own platform and get off of his pages. Enough all ready. What you are doing by trying to steal David's thunder will only hurt your own case. I'm asking the administrators of BringSeanHome to reign you in. Not that we don't have sympathy for your case and others, but we don't see any of the other 100's of other parents with abducted children using David's case to promote their own. Remember, Sean is being held in Brazil by a man who is not even related to him. You were able to speak to your children yesterday and hear about their visit to McDonalds! Take it back a couple of notches, dude.

Isabel

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »
Mariah, I find it incredibly obnoxious for you to come on someone else's forum with such unsensitive comments. The threads were placed on here by the blog Administrators. They obviously found it acceptable to include Tim Weinsten's Abduction Case otherwise, we would not have a thread to comment on.

Also, look closely at David. Do you think that his suffering and anguish started only when Bruna died? Although I have never met him, I bet it started 4.5 years ago, when he had last seen his little boy. I am sure that David understands Tim's plight very well, since they were in the same boat.

Brazil seems to have a pattern of this type of behaviour. Period. That is something that affects not only the US but cases throughout the world. By not abiding by the Hague Convention regarding children abducted by a parent, they are making it possible for cases such as the one that David is currently facing - with a total stranger trying to gain custody of his son and trying to legally become his father - to happen. Is that what you wish will happen to Tim's children? To François' child? To the children of all the other fathers - and possibly mothers - whose abducted children end up being raised by stepparents should something happen to the abducting parent, when they still have a loving parent that is capable and willing to raise him/her?

Do you have children? I certainly hope not. If you think that speaking to your child on the phone on occassion is enough for a parent to be happy...then I feel very sorry for you - and for your children.

Quote from: Mariah;123
I find it incredibly obnoxious that Tim Weinstein is using David's forums to publicize his case. Tim, your case is VERY different from David's and you really need to back off. People are saying how annoying you are by riding David's coattails. David's situation is very unique and has gained attention for that very fact. You need to find you own platform and get off of his pages. Enough all ready. What you are doing by trying to steal David's thunder will only hurt your own case. I'm asking the administrators of BringSeanHome to reign you in. Not that we don't have sympathy for your case and others, but we don't see any of the other 100's of other parents with abducted children using David's case to promote their own. Remember, Sean is being held in Brazil by a man who is not even related to him. You were able to speak to your children yesterday and hear about their visit to McDonalds! Take it back a couple of notches, dude.

Mariah

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »
The adminstrators do not review posts on a regular basis. And, Isabel, you are missing the point. I clearly understand the international laws that have been violated by Brazil and other countries. I don't see any other parent beside Tim Weinstein being as loud and obnoxious and self-serving as he. For Tim and the other parents to even have a glimmer of hope, Sean needs to come home. As you can see, Brazil will always side with the mother and I'll reiterate in David's case, someone who is not even related to Sean is keeping him. I'll say it again, back off!!!!

Isabel

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
How do you know that the administrators do not review the posts on a regular basis? Are you an administrator? I don't think so. One of the administrators was on very recently. And if you had been keeping up with the blog you will see that the Tim Weinsteins Abduction Case was a thread set up by the Administrators. If they felt it unappropriate they would not include it. If they had not included it and someone started it, they could have removed it. They have not. Is that so hard for you to accept?

And no, I am not missing the point. Each parent reacts in their own way. Tim choose to be vocal, good for him. Others perhaps are vocal via other ways, that is also there right. And I find it very distasteful for you to even suggest that he doesn't have the right to express is pain and feelings on whatever website he chooses. If you understood the pain of having your children taken from you, you most certainly wouldn't write such a thing.

Brazil has no business signing an international agreement to return an abducted child and then siding with the abductor because it happens to be the Brazilian parent (normally the mother) or because of socio-affective paternity. It is outrageous! How would Brazil like it if a foreign mother were to extract one of its underage citizens out of Brazil, and away from his father? I'm sure that in that case the Hague Convention would be waved back and forth!. What is being done is just plain wrong and it seems obvious that until Brazil is taken to task and embarassed internationally, nothing will be done.

Remember that if Brazil actually abided by the agreement it signed, we wouldn't have to be here for David, nor would Tim need a thread on the bringseanhome blog.

What Brazil is doing is mocking international law. What Brazil is doing is making the world see it as a banana republic, where laws are just on paper but are not to be respected.

Quote from: Mariah;125
The adminstrators do not review posts on a regular basis. And, Isabel, you are missing the point. I clearly understand the international laws that have been violated by Brazil and other countries. I don't see any other parent beside Tim Weinstein being as loud and obnoxious and self-serving as he. For Tim and the other parents to even have a glimmer of hope, Sean needs to come home. As you can see, Brazil will always side with the mother and I'll reiterate in David's case, someone who is not even related to Sean is keeping him. I'll say it again, back off!!!!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
You guys shouldn't even reply to this Mariah, she is probably a friend or related to Tim's wife and trying to be very mean.  Please go away Mariah.  Our hope on this site is to help every father left behind.  So you need to stop.  None of us want to hear this from you.  Awful.

Sorry Tim.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »
Mariah,

It is obvious that you have not read the blogs that I have posted for the past two months. I have ALWAYS stated that David's case is unique and that mine is only compelling in the collective. Furthermore, I have ALWAYS answered honestly when asked if I maintain contact with my children. At this point, it is obvious that the only chance I have of getting my children back is to maintain a relationship and hope that they ask to return when they are older.

The similarity between David's case and mine is that both of our wives abducted children to a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention and neither of has our children back. One other similarity is that my wife's attorney is also very influential and has so far been able to convince the judge to not even rule on the case.

As Isabel noted, I did not set up the forum topics. Nonetheless, I have already asked Bob D'Amico to change the title to reflect what I have always hoped would be my purpose, which is to inform people that there are others and give the left-behind parents a place to share in their experiences.

I am sorry that you are not able to see the picture for what it is. Of course, David's story is compelling, but so are the other 3000 cases of United States parents whose children have been abducted to foreign countries.

Timothy

Isabel

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
Your absolutely right gail, but she made my blood boil and I just couldn't ignore her. No father or mother should have their child taken from them, to a foreign country, without their consent. No father or mother should be kept from their children, unless they are a physical or emotional danger to their child.

Why is it that some people find this acceptable? Abduction is abduction. In these cases it has been the mother abducting the child, but what is to say that the same won't happen with a father abducting the child and taking them from the mother? Are people only outraged when a child is taken from their mother? And what is even to say that the mother is the better parent? I know children that are much better off living with their father (and I don't mean financially/materially) than with their mothers.

Although I believe in freedom of speech, I think people need to be sensible and have a sense of decency. When I was small, in the States, I remember a Nun at school telling us that "when you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". I guess Mariah never learned this.

Quote from: gail;127
You guys shouldn't even reply to this Mariah, she is probably a friend or related to Tim's wife and trying to be very mean. Please go away Mariah. Our hope on this site is to help every father left behind. So you need to stop. None of us want to hear this from you. Awful.

Sorry Tim.

Mariah

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 12:12:09 PM »
Remember everyone, the website is called "Bring Sean Home"  PERIOD!

Isabel

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 12:15:13 PM »
This thread is called Other Abduction Cases... what part of that don't you understand? You have plenty of threads on this forum to comment on if this one bothers you so much.

Quote from: Mariah;130
Remember everyone, the website is called "Bring Sean Home" PERIOD!

Mariah

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:24 PM »
And you can only get to the thread via the Bring Sean Home website - unbelievable!!!