Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: List of Existing Groups  (Read 16901 times)

Isabel

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
For someone who seems so offended that other cases would be discussed on a forum for David and Sean I find it interesting that NOT ONE of your posts has been in support of David or Sean, and rather all attacking Tim Weinstein personally. I guess that says everything about your true purpose on this forum.

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 12:59:04 PM »
Enough already please. I don't want to have to delete any more messages. I have better things to do. Please behave yourselves. We're all in this together and have the same purpose in mind. Let's not forget that.

Offline Kimberly

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
Hi Timothy,
I just want to add..you should put more pictures up (video clips if you have them)when you can.  People will then see that this is a real family that was torn apart.  Young children who are being deprived of a significant relationship with their father. I think its those factors that get people attached to your story... not to mention how valuable this will be in the future  to your children.  They will see how hard you were fighting for them.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »
One thing I learned from the psychologist is that children should not worry about "adult problems". For this reason, I have spoken very little to them about their illegal retention and also said nothing bad about their mother. They have asked many times when they will be able to visit me in the United States and I always reply that it is up to the court system in Brazil. They know that I am fighting, but I think they understand it as a simple case of custody. I noticed that David said similar things when he was reunited with Sean and he asked why he hadn't visited.

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
it takes courage and love
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;153
One thing I learned from the psychologist is that children should not worry about "adult problems". For this reason, I have spoken very little to them about their illegal retention and also said nothing bad about their mother. They have asked many times when they will be able to visit me in the United States and I always reply that it is up to the court system in Brazil. They know that I am fighting, but I think they understand it as a simple case of custody. I noticed that David said similar things when he was reunited with Sean and he asked why he hadn't visited.

Hi Tim, just wanted to voice my support to you and to many others that are in this situation. When dealing with such sensitive subjects as this one, we tend to get selfish and needy of unconditional attention, especially from the kids... yet, it takes courage and love, it takes a huge amount of self-discipline "to remain cool" and take the high road... I hope and pray for a good outcome for you - hang in there, because things CAN change, if you believe.. look where we were months ago and where we are now!!!
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
List of Existing Groups
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
Thank you Tim :)  I've been gone for the day and glad to see that all the mean posts are gone.

Offline Kimberly

List of Existing Groups
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 11:23:59 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;153

Hi Timothy,

Oh no!  I did not mean you should tell them what is happening currently.  I meant one day when they are older..you will be able to show them how hard you wanted them to be with you.  I assume when they are adults you would want them to know.

Offline jdv28

• Veteran Member
Re: List of Existing Groups
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 04:21:40 AM »
Tim...headed to facebook for ya.  Can you believe I don't even have a facebook acct?  Geez I'm SOOOO stuck in the 80's  :)  I'm glad you're here Tim, David is the stepping stone, or the key for the rest of you parents struggling.  We will make sure of it.  By the end of David's event, the rest of us will be experts on what to do to help the rest of the 'left behind' daddys and mommys.
Give MORE these:hug:  & LESS these :argue:

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 05:48:48 PM »
You bring up an important point; I wouldn't really know what to advise a new LBP parent to do besides learn about the Hague treaty and get a good lawyer. I hope this forum eventually helps me to be able to give practical advice beyond what I just said. The Hague seems to have little loopholes and time limits and traps to navigate. Also some LBPs aren't going to be able to even pay a retainer.

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;5
Note this is all subject to change as we are just now trying to organize. At this point, here is what we have:

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=51794024583

Website
http://www.childrenstuckinbrazil.webs.com/

TWeinstein,

I visited the website above. If people are not receptive and moved by what they are seeing in the media about David's plight, maybe they will now, after seeing the many faces of the innocent children that are unlawfully taken to Brazil.

You know, I am not a mother; I cannot even begin to imagine what you, David and most parents in the same situation must feel every day. But I can't help but feel sad, ashamed and enraged by Brazil's indifference towards you, David and all the parents of abducted children and the incompliance with the Hague Convention. Like I said in the other thread i just read about another abduction case, Brazil is officially a safe have for criminal activity. Why isn't there more pressure from the International community, the countries that also signed the Convention?  It has to stop!
* FC_Florida *

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
Quote from: FC_Florida;12111
TWeinstein,
 I visited the website above. If people are not receptive and moved by what they are seeing in the media about David's plight, maybe they will now, after seeing the many faces of the innocent children that are unlawfully taken to Brazil.
Keep in mind that I have been so busy doing other work related to this campaign, I haven't updated that website in a while. The list of left-behind parents with children in Brazil that I am in contact with is growing fast and, cross my fingers, I'll be in touch with many more soon. I look forward to the day when we all can, as a united front, tell our stories.

Offline FC_Florida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »
Quote from: tweinstein;12116
Keep in mind that I have been so busy doing other work related to this campaign, I haven't updated that website in a while. The list of left-behind parents with children in Brazil that I am in contact with is growing fast and, cross my fingers, I'll be in touch with many more soon. I look forward to the day when we all can, as a united front, tell our stories.

If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate in letting me know (I haven't been able to come here as often as I should have- sometimes I miss a call to action :() or anyone else in this forum for that matter. United front indeed! :yeahthat:
Through your efforts, BSH.ORG and each and everyone in this forum can make a difference. We already have, isn't that right?
Now imagine if we start feeding the media non-stop with all the information you are gathering. I'm hopeful that there must be a news outlet, a jornalist, a writer, someone out there who is as outraged as we are and understands that something must be done. Now.
* FC_Florida *

Offline Martin

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 03:13:39 AM »
Joined up. This is all good.

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Quote from: tweinstein;5
Note this is all subject to change as we are just now trying to organize. At this point, here is what we have:

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=51794024583

Website
http://www.childrenstuckinbrazil.webs.com/
BUMP
I've never seen this post and never knew about the other site. Joined now!!

Found another kidnapped child online http://www.newsregister.com/article/40476-039i+just+want+my+son+back039

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »
Sashia...have you contacted her?
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.