Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supreme postpones decision on the Sean case  (Read 6762 times)

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Supreme postpones decision on the Sean case
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »
Unfortunately all this just means that David & Sean still have to be wary of the Habeas Corpus orders that were issued in Brazil and continue to pay for legal representation both in Brazil and the US.

I wonder if Silvana really wants to see Sean or if its more a matter of "financial" revenge. Financially punishing David also punishes Sean!

She needs to learn the Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

:yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline MarieA

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if she even loves Sean or if this is just about winning.

From my perspective (an adult who was abducted/abused and alienated from a parent), I have found that this is precisely why such abuse is so damaging.  It is very hard (maybe impossible) to understand, especially as a child, how those who claim to "love" you so much, can do things that will ONLY hurt you.

Love is not just a feeling; it is a BEHAVIOR.  It is important that the children who are represented on this board learn this so that, as adults, they can correctly identify friends and mates who truly deserve the pleasure of their company.

Offline Liberty

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
I cannot see any U.S. court upholding a demand that Sean testify as part of this proceeding, much less return to Brazil. The courts in Brazil did not uphold any U.S. Court decisions regarding David's petition for custody, or Hague laws about returning the child to the U.S. within six weeks.  Why should U.S. courts now listen to Brazil?  Sean has now been home with his father and his paternal family for almost two years now, he is as settled here as he ever was in Brazil, and undoubtedly happier.  If he did ever testify today, I think his Nonna might be sorry she asked.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
I cannot see any U.S. court upholding a demand that Sean testify as part of this proceeding, much less return to Brazil. The courts in Brazil did not uphold any U.S. Court decisions regarding David's petition for custody, or Hague laws about returning the child to the U.S. within six weeks.  Why should U.S. courts now listen to Brazil?  Sean has now been home with his father and his paternal family for almost two years now, he is as settled here as he ever was in Brazil, and undoubtedly happier.  If he did ever testify today, I think his Nonna might be sorry she asked.
i agree .  Sean knows the difference between real love and psychotic behavior.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline AbbaMD

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
If Sean is required to testify, a video conference can be arranged.  He doesn't have to go back to Brazil.  Just my two cents.   

Offline Diane

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
It has always been about what Silvana wants.  It is the common characteristic of almost all of these abductors.   Pathological Narcissism.  No loving parent or Grandparent would pit their own desires and
happiness before the children they are supposed to love and nurture.   Like all deviant personalities they can sometimes be charming and say all the right things, but their actions clearly demonstrate how twisted they are. 

Actually,   it is pretty sad to see people that twisted.   Probably, fair to say they cannot know any real happiness, and end up alone sooner or later.  She could have spent months with Sean at any time here in the U.S.   and he would have probably been allowed long visits there.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 08:23:50 AM »
It has always been about what Silvana wants.  It is the common characteristic of almost all of these abductors.   Pathological Narcissism.  No loving parent or Grandparent would pit their own desires and
happiness before the children they are supposed to love and nurture.   Like all deviant personalities they can sometimes be charming and say all the right things, but their actions clearly demonstrate how twisted they are.  

Actually,   it is pretty sad to see people that twisted.   Probably, fair to say they cannot know any real happiness, and end up alone sooner or later.  She could have spent months with Sean at any time here in the U.S.   and he would have probably been allowed long visits there.
:yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat :yeahthat
 So true Diane , even when i was in Ireland defending my Son , the attorneys were arguing with me about what the abductors wishes were. Even though she is considered an abductor and proven to Ireland through affidavits of Law and Court Orders. My attorney even said" Why would she want to go back , she has it good , Ireland gives her 800 Euro a month cash, a House, transportation expense , free medical. I replied" Who really gives a ~ fill in the blank~ what she wants , she in violation of so many laws..... its truly unreal.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:25:33 AM by StrngConviction »
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.