Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Emily Rose Hindle - UK to US - Please Write to FL Chief Judge Parsons  (Read 5517 times)

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: Emily Rose Hindle - UK to US - Please Write to FL Chief Judge Parsons
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Thanks everyone - I have had some really excellent letters which have made points far better than I could or have.

Every day I get a letter or two in the mail, sometimes from someone I know and sometimes from someone I have never heard of - I really appreciate all of you taking the time to put pen or printer ink to paper :)

Keep them coming please - thank you all.

Karl :rolleyes:
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline ANALE

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
Karl I just received a letter from Chief Judge Parson in Florida.  He said "that a chief judge does not have the authority to intervene on behalf of litigants, review the rulings of other judges or to discipline judges for making erroneous rulings.  A chief judge is not a judge with appellate jurisdiction to correct rulings made by other judges.  A chief judge occupies an adminitration postion."  I guess he just sits around with a fancy title.

Offline L.E.R.P.

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:01:33 PM »
I guess he just sits around with a fancy title
In a fancy leather chair, leaving the impression of his due diligence in the chairs cushion "his ass"

Due Diligence: The care that a Judge or reasonable person exercises to avoid harm to other persons.

Mandamus is an option

(man-dame-us) n. Latin for "we order," a writ (more modernly called a "writ of mandate") which orders a public agency or governmental body to perform an act required by law when it has neglected or refused to do so. Examples: After petitions were filed with sufficient valid signatures to qualify a proposition for the ballot, the city refuses to call the election, claiming it has a legal opinion that the proposal is unconstitutional. The backers of the proposition file a petition for a writ ordering the city to hold the election. The court will order a hearing on the writ and afterwards either issue the writ or deny the petition. Or a state agency refuses to release public information, a school district charges fees to a student in violation of state law, or a judge will not permit reporters entry at a public trial. All of these can be subject of petitions for a writ of mandamus.

See also: writ of manda
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:55:28 PM by L.E.R.P. »
Failure is not defined by attempts to change what is wrong back to what is right; failure is defined by accepting what is wrong and doing nothing to change it!   L.E.R.P.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Karl I just received a letter from Chief Judge Parson in Florida.  He said "that a chief judge does not have the authority to intervene on behalf of litigants, review the rulings of other judges or to discipline judges for making erroneous rulings.  A chief judge is not a judge with appellate jurisdiction to correct rulings made by other judges.  A chief judge occupies an adminitration postion."  I guess he just sits around with a fancy title.

I guess we'll all be getting letters.  I wonder if his administrative position comes with his own administrative assistant to send them.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 12:15:31 PM »

Funny , Thats what Barbara Grieg told me her postion was when she denied me assistance in getting my Son home.
 "Its only an Administrative postion Gary , we as OCI officers have to stay Neutral , what if I didnt like you ? That would'nt be fair would it?"
No wonder she lost her postion....
 A chief judge occupies an adminitration postion."

Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
Thanks to everyone who is sending letters - I received one myself today: my child support check I sent to Judge Foxman in Volusia County Court was returned by the State Disbursement Unit, so I sent it back with another check for December.

I received both back in the mail today.

I'll be called a "deadbeat" at some point I'm sure, for the heinous crime of a deadbeat US court not doing its job.

For those of you wondering why foreign courts don't comply with the Hague Convention and hesitate or refuse to send kids back to the US....there are very good reasons for the hesitancy and non-compliance.

When is the US going to comply and stop lecturing the rest of the world on how it ought to behave?

The Christmas season is here and frankly, I want to go somewhere to hide and forget about it until it is all over because it upsets me just too damn much.
karl4work@gmail.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »

Why would they send your child support checks back to you? 

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
I WOULD DEFINETLY KEEP THE PAYMENTS IN THE ENVELOPES THEY WERE RETURNED IN.  That would show dates and your intent.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »
The Christmas season is here and frankly, I want to go somewhere to hide and forget about it until it is all over because it upsets me just too damn much.

To quote a line from one of my favorite songs: "Even though I know how very far apart we are, it helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star."   I know she's out there somewhere and she is thinking of you.

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »

Why would they send your child support checks back to you? 

I'll scan and post the letter I got with the checks this month. Last month I simply got a refund check from the State Disbursement Unit but this month the court returned them after I sent them to the judge.

I'm going to send them to the Chief Judge next time.
karl4work@gmail.com

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
but seriously , with them envelopes postmarked , just keep them and put the money in an escrow for her , if they ask for it , you got it to give and no excuses needed. its not your place to send it to people that dont matter and that Judge dont give a shit about your sending him the payments.He probably never see them anyway, his secretary will open it , see that its a child support check and send it back . If he does get it he will cuss his secretary out for sending it in his office and not even wonder why your sent them to him.Legal eagles are very much a " pass the buck" kind of animal . why you need attorneys to file it with court how its to be paid , if you pay it that way your good , if its returned a number of times , you need to inform the court formally that you have had them returned and it now sits in an account.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 09:31:04 AM »
Well Karl, I got my formal reply saying there is nothing Judge Parsons can do, yada yada.  It looks like an actual signature and everything.  Let me know if you need a copy.

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
I received the news yesterday - Judge Foxman has recused himself after the letters into the Chief Judge.

Now we have to wait for a new judge to be assigned.

Thank you everyone who wrote :)

Karl
karl4work@gmail.com

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
wishing you the best :)