Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brazilian troops clash with police striking over pay  (Read 3305 times)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Brazilian troops clash with police striking over pay
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16918771

I was there the last time this happened and missed being robbed at gunpoint by about 3 minutes. Guess where my children are??? Today was supposed to be their first day of school, but for obvious reasons, the schools were cancelled throughout the state.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: Brazilian troops clash with police striking over pay
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16918771

I was there the last time this happened and missed being robbed at gunpoint by about 3 minutes. Guess where my children are??? Today was supposed to be their first day of school, but for obvious reasons, the schools were cancelled throughout the state.

Yeah well, even though a lot of people are uncomfortable to say it, a lot of the places that American children are taken to are 3rd world countries with all sorts of fundamental issues like a lack of security, education, human/children's rights, potable running water, etc.  Doesn't matter though.  Our Central Authority won't presume that children would have a better life in the USA (not to mention a right to that life) any more than they will presume (or even try to ascertain) that children are better off with their American parents than they are with their abducting parents.  The real problem, of course, being that once they go so far as acknowledging the obvious, someone might ask them why the hell they aren't doing anything about it and they don't want to have to answer that question.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Continuation of my children's school year
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »
After missing the first two weeks of school due to the police strike, NOW, the teachers are on strike at ALL public and most private schools. My children haven't had school this week and my son tells me that the administrators will be showing movies tomorrow and Friday. I guess that's what I get for sending them to one of the most expensive private schools in their city. At least it comforts me to know that the Brazilian judge thinks they would receive a better education in Brazil.