Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Father, son reunited after 12-year odyssey  (Read 3096 times)

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
Father, son reunited after 12-year odyssey
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
http://www.squamishchief.com/article/20120913/SQUAMISH0101/309139962/-1/squamish/father-son-reunited-after-12-year-odyssey
Randy Turgeon admitted he was “pretty anxious” last Friday (Sept. 7) as he prepared to go to pick up his son Christopher the next day after a flight from Mexico to Vancouver. After a 12-year effort of trying to contact, then visit his ex-wife and son — dealing with lawyers, immigration officials and the like — he could hardly believe it was about to happen. “I’m really apprehensive because until I actually see him get off the plane, I won’t believe it, and I’m trying not to get my hopes up,” said Turgeon, an ex-Squamish resident now living in Port Coquitlam.

Offline Diane

Re: Father, son reunited after 12-year odyssey
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
She allowed him to return so she would not get arrested.  These abductors are selfless to the end:)

I wish this father all the best in what has to be a challenging reunification process after "12" years.

Still wonderful to see them together.  So happy for Randy and his son.

Offline paramihijo

• No justification for parental child abduction
Re: Father, son reunited after 12-year odyssey
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »
As a father whose child is abducted to mexico, I am wondering why it took 12 years to come up with this decision to let the son reunite with father?
During the Civil War, Spotswood Rice said "...........that god never intended for man to steal his own flesh and blood........"