Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Silvana Gets Her Day In Court!!! Unbelievable!!!  (Read 12169 times)

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Silvana Gets Her Day In Court!!! Unbelievable!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:49:28 PM »
Does anybody know what happened?

Offline sara

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »
I don't think anything happened - according to this public website where I found this, the court date is June 6.  I have no idea....

Offline acsgomes

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »
Strange....the name of Bruna is there, in the court agenda. Maybe is something regarding the first abduction case?

Offline Liberty

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
Look at the thread about May 1st -- they are seeking an injunction against David in U.S. courts to visit Sean.  It's the same old thing as two years ago.  David says they need to speak to the therapist and stop all their lawsuits and then they can see him (although from the way Sean sounded on Dateline, he is not yet up to it).  It's just another attempt to drag David through the courts.  Hopefully it will end the way it did in 2009. 

I have no idea why the include the names of the deceased, but perhaps because that was the way the entire suit was started, it has to continue that way.  Right now, the only one still alive on that side is Silvana.  The uncle and half-sister do not appear to be part of the suit.  The step-father would have no standing, and appears to have moved on anyway.

Offline alexeimichailowsky

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
There's one thing coming to my mind here: the Nonas keep describing David, with the help of their friends from the Brazilian press, as a loser, a man who's got no money. Maybe they think they can use their wealth to win in every court: one day David might run out of money and then get unable to pay his attorneys... We can expect everything from them.
Don't know, but one thing is sure and clear: they keep spreading David's image as a loser, a "poor guy".

Offline Liberty

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
They can say whatever they want, and they may have more money than David, but he is the farthest thing from a loser.  No U.S. court could, should or would give them any access to Sean simply because of finances.  If David were on welfare and homeless, and Sean were suffering from illness and lack of food, that might be one thing, but that is not the case nor will it be the case.  This is not millionaire v. homeless, it's upper class Brazil v. middle class America.  It's biological custodial father v. kidnapping grandmother.  And who even knows how much money the Bianchi's have at this point?  We assume they have an unending stream of resources, but that could be totally incorrect.  It's been eight years since David really had any idea of their finances.  Who knows what is going on now.

David should not care one jot about the Brazilian press.  Neither that press nor those courts have any say over him or Sean any more.  And thank GOD for that!

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
I hope she get the same results as last time.  That's what she truly deserve.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
Liberty, David is far from being a loser, even through Brazilian standards!
But the Nonas keep portraying him as one to the Brazilian media. And as an evil man who blocked them, that desperate loving family, to see the boy.
They are pretty aware that many people believe in lies, particularly when the media helps you tell them. My biggest concern is about their good connections to the Brazilian media. Brazilians should know what really happened and who David Goldman really is.

Offline Atlantic965

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
I think Silviana needs professional help.  She must blame herself in part for Bruna's death, her husband is dead now so she is for all intents and purposes alone.

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 11:16:39 PM »
She was like this before Bruna or her husband passed away.  She's a sick woman, that's all there is to it.

Offline Jacobsfather

• Roy King
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 05:23:05 AM »
I was not able to open that link, has it expired or can someone repost the current link. Any updates on this?
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing..."

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
Any news? Has anything happened last week on June 6?

Offline todez

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 10:43:43 PM »
There has been no mention of anything in the Brazilian media.

Offline todez

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:00 PM »
I don't know if this is accurate information.  It was put on a blog of one of Silvana's supporters in the media:

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/ancelmo/posts/2012/05/25/caso-sean-447049.asp

It says there will be a judgement on the 23rd (according to her lawyer) in New Jersey about her request to visit Sean.  The vast majority of comments are for David.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:46:41 PM by todez »