Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My poor son, I'm so sorry.  (Read 3979 times)

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
My poor son, I'm so sorry.
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:27:05 AM »
May 14th was Sage's 5th birthday.

I sent my lawyer to court to request current pictures of Sage and have them formally ask Sage what gift he'd like for his birthday from his father (since the courts unwillingness to enforce my interim visitation rights prevents me from asking him myself.)

My lawyer wrote the request and the court scheduled a hearing for 5/31 to have Sage come in for pictures and name 5 gifts he might like from his father for his birthday.

The 5/31 hearing did take place as scheduled, but no pictures were taken and Sage was never asked what presents he'd like from his father.

Instead the judge arranged to be out of the office and a court secretary, court psycologlist and the prosecutor "representing" Sage locked themselves into a court chamber alone with Sage (should note, the latter two officials already have a long history of misconduct and ongoing complaints against them related to Sage.)

Behind closed doors and away from the eyes of everyone (including cameras or tape recordings) they bluntly, tactlessly and abusively interrogated Sage asking him questions from a script to his scripted answers which said "I don't know my father," "I don't know who my father is," "I don't know who Carlos David Bermudez is" and, upon being shown my picture saying, "I don't know who that is in the photograph." "He is nothing to me and I am nothing to him."

When they came out from the court chamber my lawyer was waiting after having been kept in the dark as to what they had planned to do to Sage.  Sage immediately said to his mother, also waiting in the lobby, "Mom, I told them what you told me to say" in front of the whole court including the secretary, psychologist and prosecutor.  My lawyer demanded that the court officially make note of the statement but they refused saying that because the statement was in the lobby it wasn't official and stubbornly, and illegally, totally refused to make note of it or their refusal to make note of it.

They created a written summary of the findings and proceedings and passed it around for the parties to sign.  Everyone else signed and it was presented to my lawyer.  He read what they had done and refused to sign it.  He took the original copy and began writing upon it a formal objection and immediate response to the completely illegal proceeding that had just taken place without the presence of qualified professionals in psychology to protect the child's mental well-being and determine the level of alienation, coaching and manipulation that was involved.  The police were called and my lawyer was, once again, threatened with arrest, this time for the supposed destruction of court documents.  The judge, who had skipped out on the hearing, was contacted and my lawyer was ultimately allowed to submit his objections and statements regarding the hearing on the hearing summary.  Among other things he stated that this court case is already totally, and formally, closed and awaiting a decision, and that they had intentionally and illegally conspired to invent a last minute piece of manufactured evidence with which they could ignore all the existing evidence and history in the case and hide behind the "child's wishes" when publishing their, already past due, decision.

I never wanted Sage to be involved in this way.  I never wanted him to be forced to pick sides.  I didn't want him to be used a weapon against his own family.  I have told my lawyers, above all things, that protecting my son from alienation and abuse is their top priority, that they are supposed to protect my son at all times from being used as a pawn and forced to testify on behalf of his kidnappers like some hostage held by extremists.  It is the only thing for which I have, very frankly and clearly, told them, if they fail at, I will fire them.  Not because I am concerned about the legal strategy, but because it is child abuse, and their top priority needs to be protecting my son Sage from abuse during these proceedings.

I am so sorry Sage.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:42:19 AM by SageDad »
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline tomas_arguinzones

Re: My poor son, I'm so sorry.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 02:48:39 AM »
I am so sorry too Carlos..it breaks my heart just reading this and imagining the whole situation..a similar thing is happening to my son now...just hang in there Carlos..keep your faith up and God bless you and your son

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
That is just awful.  That poor little boy, and what evil people they are to do this to him....I'm so sorry Carlos.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:43:45 AM »
I am so sorry too Carlos . What cruel person would make a child choose between the the ones he loves. What does that do to a childs heart? But know your son is not the only one , it is how they do it in all countries , going against the Hague and holding their own family courts. When all is in the favor of the return ,they use the child knowing they will not go against the present care giver.
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline ANALE

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:37:56 AM »
Carlos I feel so bad for both you and little Sage.  He clearly was coached by those miserable people.  I only hope that he still has wonderful memories of both you and him together, however brief they may be.  There is a special place in hell for those horrible people.  My prayers to you both and all the other LBP.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
Carlos. I regret that the court system in Mexico can't see or refuse to see what his mother doing is child abuse. I am sorry that their justice system is so slow and flawed.   It's unfathom what his mother is doing to Sage who she is suppose to love.

She sure has a warp sense of how to raise and treat a child.

Miracles do happen and I pray that you will be reunited with Sage soon.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
I am so sorry Carlos.  I am also so sorry for Sage that he has such a mother.  I could never do to my sons what she has done to hers.   

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
I'm just so angry! Court authorized child abuse? 

Where is your representative?  Where is Chris Smith?  Will he help bring your case to light?  Why isn't Congressman Miller shouting from the rooftops about ICA to Mexico?   Where is Dateline?  Why won't they cover other cases?   
Sage was so obviously coached and he admitted it - in front of your attorney.  What kind of mother does this to her child?  A  mother who had their child's best interests at heart wouldn't! 

I can not even begin to imagine what you are feeling Carlos.  I'm so sorry!
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Jacobsfather

• Roy King
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
They (those parties representing Mexico's gov't/courts) sound as though they are so invested in ensuring that no one ever finds out about their egregiously unethical actions, that they seem willing to shamelessly violate any human decency along the way to protect themselves from accountability. I wish there was a way to compel people to be honest, put the fear of god in them so they would be forced to reconcile their errors and wrong doings. Every story I read here just adds to my fire to stop this and take my government to task. If you start a petition to call upon your representatives, I and my family will all gladly sign it. How can we help?
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing..."

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
So, as it turns out, the normal prosecutor and psychologist also arranged to be absent the day of Sage's interrogation and two totally new ones were there for the hearing.

In effect then, what happened was, three total strangers took Sage into a room and interrogated him.

In addition to the other statements Sage made in court in response to the scripted questions he was also asked his age and school.

He said he was 7 years old and said he goes to a school the court has never heard of prior.

It would seem that when you teach a child to lie you can't always control when they will do it.

I think Sage's unsolicited and absurd lies were his way of telling the truth about the fact that he was lying without disobeying the orders of his mother.

I imagine he hates lies, having dealt with so many of his mothers deceptions over the course of his short life.  During our visits his mother would tell him something and I could see him taking a moment to consider what she was saying.  It is sad when at 5 years old your child already is used to wondering if what you say is true.

I also like to think Sage told his truth telling lies because he wanted to help me.
― Rumi

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
This week we also filed criminal complaints against the original psycologist from DIF (Mexican Child and Family Services) and the new one for professional fraud and perjury.
― Rumi

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »
Quote from: SageDad link=topic=4282.msg81962#msg81962

I also like to think Sage told his truth telling lies because he wanted to help me.
I am positive he did. My son did it to Carlos. In fact he is starting to make it clear now that his intentions are to come back.
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline nnaman

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 03:59:52 AM »
i can feel the whole situation.... This is disgusting really.... I Am Sorry..... :(