Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Garnishment and Child Support  (Read 3786 times)

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
Garnishment and Child Support
« on: July 23, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »
[font=]Tomorrow I will be going to court in Virginia. The TP has filed for a Garnishment for Support and arrearages.
[/font]
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: Garnishment and Child Support
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »
 I refer you to read this and give it to your attorney to take to court.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cse/pol/DCL/1999/dcl9919.htm

Best of luck
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:02:53 PM »
I would be outraged by this if I hadn't become so used to it.  It is outrageous, but it's also normal.  A sign of the times we live in.  Best of luck to you.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
Just got back from court. I seems that the TP's attorney filed in the circuit court. The Judge ruled that this was the wrong court and had to be heard in the JDR court.
When I arrived in court I found out there was "summons to answer interrogatories" included and servered at my home the day before. I never saw any summons posted on my door. additionally I work from home, so I would know if someone from the sheriff's office came by during the day. Mysteriously the summons was posted on my door when I return from court.
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States