Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hague Return Denied (again)  (Read 4486 times)

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hague Return Denied (again)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
How long before you hear something on your appeal?

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: Hague Return Denied (again)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »
In pretty typical fashion, my appeal went to the appeals court, the first judge who was assigned immediately excused himself from the case, and the next appeals judge returned the case back to the 1st level court because they claimed it wasn't clear who my current attorney was for the appeal.  The 1st level court re-explained that I had replaced my old attorney and resubmitted the case to the appeals court a week or so ago.  I don't know if it's been re-assigned to the same judge or has a new one now.  It's like a hot potato that everyone tries to get rid of.  Sooner or later some judge is going to get stuck with it, but it's getting toward the end of the year and the courts will shut down for a starting in early December.  Right now they will just try to delay everything to avoid having to really do anything until next year.  Handling Hague cases expeditiously is a sick joke in Mexico.  I'm not expecting to hear anything really till January and don't expect a new decision before March 2013.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi