Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: how to prevent child from going to Ireland with Irish father  (Read 3170 times)

Offline nccolli9

how to prevent child from going to Ireland with Irish father
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:12 PM »
My husband and I are in the middle of a divorce. My husband is in the US on a temporary work visa and is a citizen of Ireland. He is trying to make the court allow him to take our son to Ireland "for a visit". My husband has threatened many times to get our son his Irish citizenship and passport without my knowledge and to disappear with him. My lawyer has requested that I get as much information as possible to show the court about cases in the US and Ireland. I know Ireland is part of the Hague convention, but that doesn't always mean that they will just send my son back and it would be very costly and extremely expensive.  Has anyone had any success in preventing this or at least getting it stated in a court order that the child would not be allowed to leave the country with the other parent.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: how to prevent child from going to Ireland with Irish father
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:56:10 PM »
I would start here:

http://bringseanhome.org/resources/international-family-abduction-prevention-tips/

Ultimately, the only way to prevent an abduction from the United States is to be in possession of ALL passports.

Offline braziliandad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: how to prevent child from going to Ireland with Irish father
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
And make sure you get a good enough lawyer that will believe you that abduction is a concern and will convince your judge. My judge ordered me to turn the passports in to the kidnapper mother.