Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: American mother and kids can't leave Ireland  (Read 6216 times)

Offline snowdove

American mother and kids can't leave Ireland
« on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »
I married a irish man and moved to Ireland, had two children and when the marriage ended, i was told that the children most remain in Ireland,,, when will this maddness end!

Offline BringJusticeHome

• Left Behind Parent
Re: American mother and kids can't leave Ireland
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
You did not say much, so I can only go by what you said. You married an irishmen and willfully moved to Ireland. I do not know where the children were born, but that does not matter if you willingly relocated to another country. This is not child abduction. Just because your an American citizen and things did not work out with your ex husband does not mean that the children now get sent to your country. You willingly as far as I know relocated to Ireland establishing Ireland as the habitual residence and jurisdiction for your children.

Offline snowdove

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:43 PM »
yes i can live in ireland, but this law for Americans is  crap, four years, i fought to have my children and the only thing im told is that the irish passport out weights theirs american one,.. I dont want to live in Ireland due to work.. I posted here as to bring attention to the  fact the US does nothing to help us.

Offline Christine

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
Why would the US do something to help you?  From the little information you gave us, it would appear that your children have lived in Ireland their entire lives.  And you, it would also appear, want to take your children away from their father and everything they have ever known and move them thousands of miles away.  You made the decision to move to Ireland and have your children there.  There is nothing the US can, or should, do for you.

What really gets me, is you post this in a forum dedicated to parents who have had their children ripped from them.  Children that they haven't seen in years.  Are you expecting sympathy?  I doubt you'll find it here.

Offline snowdove

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
I thought this was the site for the American mother who lost her child to the irish law, like I did,,, I was mentally abused for years, and had no money to return to the states, when I finially had the chance to get out, i was told I could not take the kids and have to remain there till they are 18.. i dont want your pity I wanted to know what  we can do, as there are many of us out there, who have no clue that even kids born in the states can be removed to Ireland.. so sorry and you can remove my posts

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »
You married an Irish man. You moved to Ireland. Your children were born and raised there. The court says they have to stay in Ireland.

I'm not seeing the wrong here.

Offline rduffiel

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »
I agree the court made the right decision.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
I think you could rename your post to be "Brasilian mother and kids can't leave USA"  or 'Mexican mother and kids can't leave USA" or "Japanese mother and kids can't leave USA" or maybe just simply "Mother and kids can't leave whatever country they moved to to start a family and just want to take their kids and leave, and leave the father with nothing" and then maybe you could also add ' But they left the country anyway because why should they have to follow any laws"

I am sorry but you sound more like a soon to be abductor rather than a LBP.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
How dare the Irish presume to challenge a mother's ownership of her children!?
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline BringJusticeHome

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 12:45:33 AM »
There's nothing that the U.S govt can or will do. Even if the U.S could help and had a legitimate reason to help you, they still would not. SageDad and NoansDad, actually have had their children abducted as well as myself. The U.S government did not and does not help us and we actually needed the help. As far as being mentally abused I never wish that upon anyone, but I can assure you that being mentally abuse is no worse then having your children taken away from you, and you not knowing when or if you will ever see them again. Your situation may be rough but at the end of the day you have your children in your life and should be grateful for that. If you were married to this man I do not know the Irish law, but if it's anything like the American laws then you should be able to file for alimony or spousal support, and that should help you remain in the country with your children.

Offline BringJusticeHome

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
What really gets me is parents who view children as property. Parents who view their children more theirs then the other parent. It takes two, a man and woman to create a child and it takes two, a man and woman to raise a child. What gives either parent the right to rip a child away from the other parent. Just because a relationship did not or does not work, does not mean that now only one parent gets the children. Kids will always need their mother and their father. Being mentally abused to some is much more worse then being physically abused but that gives you no right to take a child away from their parent. If the abuse is being done to the child then yes, but you never mentioned any abuse to your children. My son was abducted and taken away from me for the first few years of life. By the grace of god i am now able to finally be a father and raise my son. I want the best for my son and always will do whats in the best interest for him. Whats in the best interest is that my child has his mother and father. Even though my sons mother abducted him, and probably will again. I will never be apart of keeping him away from his mother unless it is necessary for his safety.

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »
Soooo need help abducting huh?
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 07:04:41 PM »
snowdove,
With all due respect, I hope that you will find solution that is best for your children rather that what is best for you. Your children need both parents. Work out a plan so that both you and your ex can agree to have equal time. Get mirror court orders in both Ireland and the U.S. If you need help with this try to find a mediator that specializes in international marriages.It may be difficult with little or no money. But any other option you will find to be more costly and both money and your children's wellfare.
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
yes i can live in ireland, but this law for Americans is  crap, four years, i fought to have my children and the only thing im told is that the irish passport out weights theirs american one,.. I dont want to live in Ireland due to work.. I posted here as to bring attention to the  fact the US does nothing to help us.
Its confusing at this point , you mention an American passport. Are they American or Irish? Where exactly were they born? In your previous post it sounded like you said you moved to Ireland married and had two children with the Irishman in Ireland.Is this correct or were they born in America?
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 09:07:04 AM »
I thought this was the site for the American mother who lost her child to the irish law, like I did,,, I was mentally abused for years, and had no money to return to the states, when I finially had the chance to get out, i was told I could not take the kids and have to remain there till they are 18.. i dont want your pity I wanted to know what  we can do, as there are many of us out there, who have no clue that even kids born in the states can be removed to Ireland.. so sorry and you can remove my posts

Your comment here is absolutely true , even American kids are removed to and held captive in Ireland. I believe this is due to another thing you mentioned , labor force. There is none  because the men that come of age know that the economy there is in a shambles and they leave as soon as they can. Ireland will do anything to rebuild it including holding American children like they are doing mine against American court orders.
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.