Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More noncompliance from the Dominican Republic  (Read 3833 times)

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
More noncompliance from the Dominican Republic
« on: September 27, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
I have just been informed that Dominican Central authority (CONANI)  is not going to appeal before the Dom. Rep. Supreme Court the decision of the Court of Appeals.
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: More noncompliance from the Dominican Republic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
Can you appeal on your own?

CONANI has already shown themselves to be shamefully terrible at handling Hague cases from what I've seen in prior cases.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Can you appeal on your own?

CONANI has already shown themselves to be shamefully terrible at handling Hague cases from what I've seen in prior cases.
Yes I and I have filed an appeal. CONANI up til now has been acting in my favor. Previously they requested that my children be returned to the U.S. Since there has been no following the rule of law in the Domincan Republic, my final appeal will be difficult without the support of CONANI. I can only wait an see what happens next
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »
Did they give a reason why they've chosen not to appeal or did they just say no appeal?

Offline StrngConviction

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:29:55 AM »
That is awesome to know that a central authority in any country is acting at all on behalf of the child and LBP . Here and in Ireland they just stand by like a fly on a wall and would never consider getting involved in the courts let alone the appeals process.
 I will pray your spirits are held up through this Mister and CONANI  get back to doing things the way they should be,
good luck !
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:40:38 AM by StrngConviction »
Behind this smile is something only we LBP understand.
                May God be with ALL our children.