Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need assistance  (Read 2643 times)

Offline njcourtcase

• Help Rescue My Boys
Need assistance
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
Hello,

I am asking for help in mounting a defense against my ex-husband. He has broken the law in two countries. If you know of a NJ family lawyer who would be willing to open their heart and take my case pro bono, please contact me.

My ex-husband, a retired NJ police officer, never paid a cent of child support or alimony, broke the law in two countries, LIED to a NJ Superior Court Judge, LIED to an Arubian Judge, obtained a warrant for my arrest, took away my custody of my children and kidnapped my children.

The last time I saw my two youngest children, ages 7 & 8, was on May 8, 2012. I dropped them off at school around 7:30am. I have not seen them since that day.

I have attempted to file my defense three separate times, but to no avail. The latest attempt occurred September 21, 2012. The Judge denied my motion based on procedural deficiencies, refused to return joint custody, and yet made me penniless. I am effectively stuck in a foreign country with no ability to fight for my children.

email: njcourtcase@yahoo.com

http://www.causes.com/actions/1686745

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Need assistance
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
Are you in Aruba and he has taken the kids to NJ?

Offline njcourtcase

• Help Rescue My Boys
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
Correct. I live in Aruba and the children were taken from me after living in Aruba for 9 months. I do not qualify for legal aid assistance because I do not have an address in NJ. Up until September 21, 2012 I owned half of a rental property and half of the marital house therefore did not qualify for assistance financially. I have contacted many organizations like Women and Justice. My case is just too complicated for them to handle.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:40:29 PM by njcourtcase »

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
Then you are from NJ as well and moved to Aruba?  If you're a US citizen and came from NJ you need to go there..did you have permission to take your kids to Aruba to live?

Offline njcourtcase

• Help Rescue My Boys
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
My ex and I divorced pro se. There were no guidelines in the divorce for the children other than joint custody. For the first 3 years after divorce all five children lived with me full time and attended school in my town, therefore residential custody was established with me. The children visited their father every other weekend, when it was convenient for him. My ex and I verbally agreed that I would move to aruba with the 3 younger children. He would move to columbia, south america with the two older boys and his new wife, who is is Columbian. Neither of us knew, at the time, that written permission was needed to move to another country with the children. He drove us to the airport on the day we moved, August 9, 2011. My ex and I had a disagreement over money on January 13, 2012. It was only then that my ex started making an issue of custody.

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »
I'll be honest, this case reminds me alot of a case some time back that was in the media. The case involved a couple where I think there were several kids, multiple countries, various crimes charged against one or both of the couple, and only a slight connection to the US. I think the countries involved included Aruba and maybe Jamaica, Haiti, or some place in either Central or South America. The details are a little fuzzy for me. Could it be that this is the same case?  In any event, this does not sound like the sort of child kidnapping that we're most familiar with here.

Offline njcourtcase

• Help Rescue My Boys
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
I am not trying to be rude, but please do not dismiss my pain. I was married for 17 years and met my now ex husband when I was 18 years old. I had a very long unhappy marriage. At a very young age, I personally went through my parents divorce and custody battle, so I fully understood what divorce meant. I stayed in my marriage as long as I could to protect my children from the pain of divorce. I walked away from my divorce hearing, giving up everything but my children, because I was coerced to do so. My ex owns a profitable small business in NJ. In our divorce hearing he lied to that judge about the business. Regardless, above all, I stupidly trusted my ex.

My ex filed an emergent motion against me in NJ court on May 3, 2012. He lied, based on his own evidence, and made false statements over 40 times in his motion. Not knowing the justice system, or it's procedures, I tried three times to file a motion. The third attempt the motion was accepted and filed, but the judge once again ruled in my ex's favor based on procedural deficiencies. My motion was 25 pages long, the wrong font and the wrong spacing. I had responded to each and every one of his claims and repeatedly provided hard copy evidence that he lied. The judge for whatever reason is refusing to see that - I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG!!

I don't know you or your story Sir, just as you don't know me or my story. My children have been ripped from my arms by an unscrupulous individual. He has manipulated the court system because he had the money and friends in high places. I sit here with tears rolling down my face because my children and I have been hurt so deeply by my ex-husband and his actions. No one seems to care...

Offline njcourtcase

• Help Rescue My Boys
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 02:07:38 PM »
My children lived in Aruba with me for 9 months. My ex husband lied to a NJ Judge and obtained a warrant for my arrest for kidnapping. My ex husband brought that piece of paper to Aruba and paid his Arubian attorney to get him through Arubian immigration without the children's passports. Under Dutch law, the children had been in Aruba for 9 months, therefore, they were supposed to be under the protection of the UCCJEA treaty. I contacted Child Services here in Aruba when all this was happening and an arrest warrant was issued against my ex-husband for kidnapping, under Dutch law.

Offline AnotherDad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
Hey, listen, I'm not dismissing your pain or anybody's pain, if you were referring to my post specifically. My position is that there are lots of parents on this forum who have each had their spouse/frm spouse steal their kids and go to a different country, and who each have a complex story. You just haven't laid out all the details of your story on this forum.

I believe we have a place on this website for you to submit your story in full, so that you can be recognized here as a left-behind parent. You're certainly welcome to all of the resources and information that are shown on this site as well. I personally wld suggest that if you decide to tell your story (staying close to facts and not just narrative), that you try to tell even those possibly relevant facts that you may feel are uncomfortable or that don't necessarily shine the most positive light on yourself (again, if the facts are relevant). Often a child-taking is not done in a vacuum.