Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Returning to Mexico  (Read 10897 times)

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Returning to Mexico
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »
It's been a while since I've written any updates here, in part because what's been happening seems so bizarre that not even I fully believe it much less make enough sense of it to be able to write about it.

The short version is I fired my attorneys in Mexico and the court website there shows that a new decision was issued by the Mexican State Appeals Court in my son's Hague case.  I don't know anything about this decision but if it is against me I only have till mid-January to file an appeal.  As such I will be returning to Mexico soon to check the court docket, get  copies of the court proceedings and decision, write and file an appeal and try to see Sage.

I am concerned for my safety in Mexico, for reasons which will become clear shortly, and want to make sure the following history is publicly documented before then.

As you are aware on August 23rd the Family Court judge in Salamanca, GTO Mexico issued a decision denying my son's return to the US even though the two higher court levels (State appeals and Federal District court) had previously ordered him returned prior to the Federal appeals court (and court of final instance) declaring a mistrial due to the claim that my son's voice was not heard by virtue of the fact that the Prosecutor appointed to represent him did a poor job.

On Sept. 8th we submitted our appeal of this family court decision.

For a laundry list of reasons, not least of which my attorneys refusal to send me a copy of the appeal he had filed unless I agreed to a higher monthly retainer, even after having lost the case in family court and dragging it out for a year and half, I went to the Mexican Embassy in Raleigh, NC on Sept 14th and revoked the Power of Attorney in favor of the law firm Lex Servicios Juridicos and drafted a new Power of Attorney at the same time in favor of Lic. Jorge Cruz Cordero, the attorney from Mexico City that I had used during the first two years of the Hague case.

That same day, I notified attorney Elliot Quiroz Juarez of Lex Servicios Juridicos via an email which CC'ed the US State Dept, the NCMEC and the Mexican Central Authority, that I could no longer afford their services and had revoked their Power of Attorney.  I did not, at that time, advise them that I had already contracted a new attorney and obtained a new Power of Attorney in his favor.

On Sept. 26th Lic. Elliot Quiroz Juarez, sent an email to myself and also cc'ed the State Dept., the Mexican Central Authority and the NCMEC, saying that he had yet to be officially notified of the revocation of his Power of Attorney and was obligated to continue to represent me until he did, adding that this representation would add additional fees on top of the $400,000 pesos (approx $40,000 USD) he claimed I currently owed him.

When my new attorney traveled from Mexico City to GTO state on Oct 1st to officially make known the fact that he was taking over the case he discovered that a motion had been filed in family court on Sept 25th with what appeared to be my signature which claimed:

1.) I was financially destroyed and could not afford to support myself, much less my son.
2.) It was my "irrevocable" desire, under my own, strictly personal responsibility, to renounce my Hague case.
3.) I consented to my wife having full custody of my son.
4.) I requested that the courts decision, along with my attorneys appeal, be transmitted to the Mexican Central Authority.
5.) I affirm that my attorneys in Mexico have maintained me perfectly informed of all the proceedings in Mexico and I assume personal responsibility for my present claims.
6.) I decline my right to make use of any of the existing visitation orders in my favor though I reserve the right to request supervised visitation under Mexican Law in the future, without applying international treaties, once I have resolved my currently delinquent child support obligations and have proven that I am paying 35% of my net income in child support -- which I will prove by submitting certified tax returns and statements from my employer which I will have notarized and apostilled.
7.) I revoke my power of attorney in favor of Lex Servicios Juridicos and free them of all Civil, Criminal, Administrative, Professional or Financial responsibility for their actions in this case and all related matters.
8.) I clarify for the court that I have not paid any of my lawyer's fees and don't feel that I should have to pay them since they lost the case.
9.) I do not wish to appeal the existing Family Court decision.
10.) I request that my opposing party and all other interested parties be notified of my wishes and, once they have been certified as final, that the Mexican Central Authority be notified.

Now it should really go without saying that I did not file that motion.  It is totally contrary to my interests and actions over the past half decade.  Furthermore, at the time it was filed my wife had no knowledge of the fact that I had revoked the Power of Attorney in favor of Lex Servicios Juridicos.  Upon reading this motion it was immediately clear to me that it had been written by Lex Servicios Juridicos for the following reasons:

1.) The motion takes great lengths to say that I have been properly informed and represented, take personal responsibility and absolve my attorneys of any consequences for my actions.
2.) It's written using the same style and language that the attorney Elliot Quiroz Juarez uses.
3.) Elliot has a history of forging my name rather than signing his own as my representative and this has caused friction in the past (which has been previously documented by Mexican courts.)
4.) It claims that I have not paid my attorneys and, using an easily refutable justification, claims that I do not owe them money.
5.) They were the only ones in Mexico, besides the Central Authority and my new attorney, who knew that I had revoked the Power of Attorney allowing Lex Servicios Juridicos to represent me.

My new lawyer, Jorge Cruz, was able to get this bogus motion thrown out without too much trouble saying that the judge told him Elliot had earned a reputation as a nutcase amongst the clerks of her court.  I can only speculate as to the reason the motion was filed, but I believe the intention behind it was to create a crisis that would compel me to seek legal representation in Mexico once again, rather than represent myself, which is what I believe Elliot Quiroz Juarez expected me to do in order to save money (especially since I have a legal education in such matters earned over the course of years of study and practical experience.)  In which case he could hope to once again receive the $20,000 pesos I had been paying him every month for the past 16 months (a not so small fortune by Mexican standards... or even US standards for that matter, and one easily documented by wire transfers to his name.)

Having a copy of this fraudulent motion on Oct. 1st, and firmly convinced of who had filed it, I emailed Elliot informing him that his attempt to sabotage my case had failed and that I would see to it that his actions were made part of the public record on the internet so that he would never handle another Hague case again.

On October 2nd, Elliot Quiroz Juarez, filed a criminal complaint against me, my wife, or "whoever wound up being responsible for committing fraud and making threats."  In this criminal complaint, a copy of which he submitted to the Family Court, he claims:

1.) He had been contracted by me, Carlos David Bermudez, an "IBM Executive" to represent me in my son's Hague case
2.) On Sept. 27th a motion was filed with a signature that, in his opinion, is totally identical to my own in terms of angle, velocity, pressure, style, etc which renounced my interests in the Hague case.
3.) I have blamed him for filing this motion and threatened to defame his reputation and made death threats against him, his friends and family.
4.) He is in fear of his life because I am emotionally unstable, explosively psychotic, prone to periods of euphoria and depression and have manic compulsive habits.
5.) My vindictive nature knows no limits and that during my time in Mexico I maintained relationships with prostitutes and drug traffickers.
6.) I am obsessed with my son Sage, not as a normal father, but as an object of my hate for my wife and her family in response to her infidelity.
7.) I generally travel around Mexico with a concealed firearm and have claimed to him that I fear my wife or her family have a team of assassins looking for me while I'm there-- though in his estimation my wife's actions have  never suggested anything of the sort.
8.) It has been extremely difficult and complicated to represent me as a client and human being and he and his family were always in fear of me.
9.) Out of fear he has filed dozens of cases, complaints, appeals, motions and affidavits on my behalf which I insisted upon out of my desire to harass my wife even though I have not paid him.
10.) He suspects I may have have filed the motion renouncing my Hague case myself in order to blame him and use it as an excuse not to pay him or to make him feel obligated to continue to work for free.
11.) I have told him that I plan to kill my wife and/or her parents.
12.) I am a high level executive of information security at IBM, owner of various software patents with extensive technological knowledge, access to the full infrastructure and resources of IBM and design security programs for the Pentagon.
13.) I can hack, rob and defraud electronic accounts, web pages, emails and make it appear as if others did them, as well as create false communications that implicate others as well as invade any computer, server or program that I desire.
14.) He requests that the Office of Immigration in San Miguel de Allende, where his girlfriend works, be informed of all my entries and exits into Mexico and that an immigration alert be put out immediately as I am a high risk foreigner and that immigration officials should search me in minute detail for weapons and interrogate me as to my purposes for trying to enter Mexico.

Starting on October 4th Elliot Quiroz Juarez, and his mother and partner attorney Gloria Juarez Sandoval, began a campaign of emails with a distribution list including myself, the Mexican Central Authority, the State Dept and the NCEMC accusing me of:

- Making death threats
- Extortion
- Associating with wanted kidnappers, drug traffickers and prostitutes
- Being psychotic
- Not paying them for their services
- Hacking their computers and stealing their information
- Being an abused and exploited child by my own mother and father
- Probably have a serious sexually transmitted disease
- Pretending to love my son in order to solicit assistance from non-profit and governmental agencies
- Being racist and filled with hate against Latinos
- Being a coward
- Hating and abusing women
- Being a career criminal who belongs in jail
 - etc

The good news is that, Elliot and his family don't have much credibility in Mexican courts for obvious reasons (something I learned at length as I watched judges ignore them when they represented me,) though it still remains to be seen what impact, if any, the above will have on my son's Hague case.  What is undeniable though, is that right up until the moment he was fired, Elliot went around extolling my virtues and singing songs about my heroic efforts to be a father and protect my son in hundreds of legal motions, affidavits, appeals, etc.  On the other hand though, Mexican officials have a tendency to want to believe anything and everything that is negative about American fathers, while refusing to believe Mexican mothers are anything less than protégés of the Virgin de Guadalupe.

One of the known consequences of all this though is that my new attorney, Jorge Cruz, became very impressed with himself.  Having seen just how scummy and dirty Mexican attorneys can be he believed himself an absolute paragon of virtue by comparison.  He also felt that, now that the bridges between me and my former attorneys had been totally burned, he could renegotiate his own fees, especially since, in the course of the above, I told him about the obscene amount of money I had been paying Lex Servicios Juridicos.  What Jorge failed to appreciate however was just how to sick to death I am of dealing with, not to mention paying, Mexican attorneys and providing a financial incentive for anyone to drag this out any longer.  I did not revoke his power of attorney, and may still use him in an emergency, but I told Jorge that I would no longer be needing his services in October and would be representing myself going forward (now that the case is in appeals there's really not that much work that needs to be done.)  I'm also looking forward to not having to worry about whether or not my attorneys will get it right this time.  There is literally no one that knows this case and the legal, social and political realities that play in to it as well as I do.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:40:42 PM by SageDad »
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline kmoor88

Re: Returning to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
Carlos,  I wish you luck and to be safe on your trip to Mexico. I hope you get to visit Sage while you are there. It is just not fair that you have been turned down so many times and love your son so much.  You will never give up! I think she knows that by now.  He too will know some day how hard you fought just to be his DAD and be with him. You are a great DAD!!! 

Offline ANALE

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
This is totally unbelieveable and we thought that the bunch in Rio was crazy!  My prayers and thoughts are with you Carlos.  Stay safe!!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
That has got to be the craziest thing I have ever read.  It's hard to believe an attorney would do somthing like this, my god...I can't believe it.  Be safe and try to let us know how things are going, please!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »
Are you doing okay?  Hope to hear soon how everything is going and would love to hear that you've seen your son!

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
I started not feeling good a couple days before my flight which was scheduled for the morning of Saturday Jan. 5th but I thought it was just stress and lack of sleep.  By Friday night I was in bed with a high fever and barely able to move.  Because I didn't know how long it would take for me to feel better, only having two weeks to file an appeal and the fact that I feel unsafe in Mexico even in the best of conditions I ended up cancelling my flight and re-hiring my first attorney from Mexico City again to go down and handle the appeal.  I was worried he would really try to screw me on the price since now I was too sick to do anything myself and didn't have enough time to even begin to find someone else but he was pretty gracious and grateful for the work.  The airline also gave me a $600 credit to use on a future flight so I only lost about $200 on the plane ticket.  Turns out I had the flu.  I already feel much, much better and plan to go back into the office at work tomorrow.  I'll have to work with my attorney on drafting the appeal from here and plan on traveling to Mexico again later to try to see Sage.
― Rumi

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
Did your attorney file the appeal?  Anything new?

Offline Helen Hollyday Snowden

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
You can believe what is said about Attorney Elliot Quiroz out of Guanaguato. I'm dealing with him now. I can not begin to know the depth of your suffereing. You are in the middle of my worst nightmare. My problems pale in comparison. BUT we are trying to get this rotten attorney up on criminal charges. We have a very good case and some decent lawyers.
Holly

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
Did your attorney file the appeal?  Anything new?

The appeal was filed and accepted but since my new/old attorney (not Elliot) decided it was in his interest to make it difficult for me to access court information online (as opposed to paying him to regularly travel across Mexico) I have cut most contact with him and have been trying to get updates on the current status from the State Department. 

Unfortunately they've gotten very used to not doing anything in my case and letting me and my attorneys do everything.  I have been asking them for months now to give me copies of decisions from Mexico, do a Welfare and Whereabouts check on Sage and tell me which court is currently handling the case but they are pretty much not responding or responding without really answering anything.  I need to engage my representatives in Washington it seems to even get them to answer basic questions, but I've been feeling pretty exhausted and burned out from the past five years of dealing with them and Mexican courts and have been trying not to think about it too much lately and get the rest of my life back under control.

I've also recently seen that there are some sort of criminal charges being pursued against me in Mexico for judicial disobedience for not visiting my son if you can believe that.  Apparently the family court judge, who was criticized by a federal court for not doing anything to enforce my visitation while I was in Mexico, scheduled a teleconference visit in January and demanded I attend it somehow (don't ask me how I have no idea and didn't even know about it till a couple days ago.)  When I didn't attend the teleconference that I didn't know about (and even if I'd known about it I wouldn't know how to connect to it) she asked the prosecutors office to pursue criminal remedies against me. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:05:02 PM by SageDad »
― Rumi

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
You can believe what is said about Attorney Elliot Quiroz out of Guanaguato. I'm dealing with him now. I can not begin to know the depth of your suffereing. You are in the middle of my worst nightmare. My problems pale in comparison. BUT we are trying to get this rotten attorney up on criminal charges. We have a very good case and some decent lawyers.
Holly

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Elliot.  I've been meaning to write some detailed descriptions of my experiences dealing with him to post online andwarn others about using him but haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm interested in discussing your situation in greater detail and tried sending you an email to your registered email address.
― Rumi

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 12:24:38 AM »
So you have criminal charges against you for a teleconference that you were never made aware of...not to mention they're holding it against you that you haven't seen Sage.  Well, what have they done to make sure you have seen Sage?  Stall your case?  Not enforce visitation?  Allow Anna and her dad to make false accusations against you?  You paid for school and she never allowed him to attend.  The list is endless, but you're the bad guy? 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Abogadiablo

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
My name is Elliot Quiroz. On my right to reply any false accusation against me or my law firm I must state:
1.- The $20,000 pesos per month is a lie. I would like to see the all and every payment proof posted.
2.- Carlos mixes the payment of all the expenses to keep track and promote the almost 14 judicial procedures that were openned and runned simultaneously to the Hage trial. That he paid mostly. Not the intelectual work of lawyers.
3.- The motion signature that is allegued by Carlos to be false, was objected by myself in Carlos best interests and preventing any forgery attack. It was taken by the Criminal Department and District Attorney to compare with other 40 original signatures of Carlos and declared it to be the SAME. This inmediatly provoqued the filing and dismissal of all criminal procedures against Ana Belem the abductor. This was consented and not claimed neither by Carlos or his new/old attorney.
      The same ORIGINAL motion is now on the HAGE file and probably will be taken in count to dismiss the Hage petition for Sage return. This was made to clear any doubts or false accusations among client/lawyers. The signature is real and from the hand of Carlos. This was also not claimed by Carlos or the new/old lawyer inside the Hage procedure.
       On the best scenario, Federal Court will order a new trial to include this motion and dismiss Hage procedure. This is the end of the road.
4.- Carlos has full knowledge and asked for the remote conection visit with Sage. Is sad he pretends to be a victim of an unfair accusation for not attending those conversations.
5.- Our law firm has a charge of almost US$35,000 not paid and ought by Carlos. But as conditioned to the success of the cause, is almost a declared lost that we asume on moral and spiritual support to a fair cause, and bad judged case. 
6.- The law firm and I personally wish the best luck to Carlos and his cause. We only want to keep our name clean of any misunderstanding.

On the other hand, Helen Hollyday Snowden - or Holly is actually the wife of my counterpart Erik Morris Hansen on trial 318/2012-C at the Second Civil Court of San Miguel de Allende. Even Helen is acting inside the procedure claiming the recovery of personal assets that were frozen by judicial order of embargo. Any mislead or bad intentioned comment will be taken to Court and District Attorney for criminal prosecution if necesary.

Offline Abogadiablo

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:25 PM »
Carlos must be aware that if the ORIGINAL motion is valid, if not paying allymony for Sage food, education, etc., will be taken as proof of bad parenting and criminal prossecution for not paying the 35% every month.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:01 PM »
Appropriate name you have chosen for yourself Elliot.  "Abogadiablo" -- a combination of the words abogado and diablo (ie lawyer and devil.)  Unlike your poor English, it speaks well to your character, purpose and personality.  Indeed we were just talking on Facebook about how much that name, which is also the name of your Facebook page, suits you.

Likewise the fact that you think you can come to these forums, where I have been posting for years, and even begin to imagine that you can convince anyone that I submitted a motion to renounce my Hague case, all of my rights to visitation (not to mention praise you and absolve you of any and all responsibility) just shows how much of an narcissist and egomaniac you are.

Even if I could make sense of your English, I have no desire to debate with a pathological liar who can't even comprehend the concept of acting or arguing in good faith. Suffice it to say your comments here are just more of the same.  I will, however, note that you declined to address the criminal charge you filed against me for supposed death threats against your family, a copy of which you tried to have submitted into evidence in the Hague case, but I suppose things like that are the way you "wish the best of luck to Carlos and his cause." 

Go sell your snake-oil somewhere else.  No one here's buying.
― Rumi

Offline Helen Hollyday Snowden

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »

PLEASE keep this forum for getting these kids back home.
Elliot Quiroz is a very sick man. His Sadistic nature and narcissism knows no bounds.
I have reported him to the moderator and hopefully he will be banned from posting here.
He is already being placed on a "persona non gratis" list in the USA for his Diablo behavior.

Holly