Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - Tell Congress you support H.R. 3212  (Read 3648 times)

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
WE NEED YOUR HELP! - Tell Congress you support H.R. 3212
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »
Let's make some noise!

Please take a moment from your day to help victims of International Parental Child Abduction!

CLICK HERE, complete the form and tell your congressional representative that you support the Sean and David Goldman International Child Abduction Prevention and Return Act of 2013 (H.R. 3212)!

As you know, on October 10, 2012, the Goldman Act was reported to the full House of Representatives by unanimous consent of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. H.R. 3212 is an essential piece of legislation that will help empower the U.S. Government with tools designed to assist in the enforcement of the Hague Convention on Abduction.  With your help, the Goldman Act can better equip the U.S. State Department with tools designed to hold Hague Abduction Convention partners accountable.

Together we can bring abducted children home!

----------------
Or complete the form on Facebook and share the link with your FB friends and family.

Offline pam.in.ny

Re: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - Tell Congress you support H.R. 3212
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Done and also posted on my US Rep's Facebook page. Here is his page, in case anyone wants to comment as well. https://www.facebook.com/RepTomReed

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
Thank you, Pam! I added a comment to your post under BSHF.

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »
HELLO WORLD! ARE YOU LISTENING? -- Thanks to all of you who have raised your voice for the victims of international parental child abduction. It was only with your help that Sean Goldman was able to come home. Now it's time to help bring other abduction children home.

If you've not yet done so, please: (1) Follow the link http://bit.ly/1acsNbM, complete the form, and tell Congress you support H.R. 3212. (2) Copy, paste and share this message on Facebook/Twitter. Together we can bring abducted children home!

FLASHBACK FRIDAY -- WATCH & REMEMBER: BSH "COME HOME" video

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
When BSHF tags a US Rep on a Facebook post, shouldn't that post show up on the Rep's wall in the "Post by others" section? I haven't seen any show up and thought perhaps if some us LIKE or comment on the BSHF post, it would draw attention.

I saw your comment Missy. Thanks!!!

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 06:44:05 PM »
I'm not sure, Pam. Maybe they have it so that tags don't show up on their pages. I know they get notified and hopefully the folks maintaining their pages will bring it forward to the rep's legislative staff member.  I'm also tagging them all on Twitter posts (only 2 haven't had Twitter accounts). Also, the rep's legislative staff member get notifications from Popvox everytime a constituent supports the bill on the Popvox site.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:02 PM »
Done!
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 09:10:29 PM »
Thank you, Bree!

Offline phillyone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 11:03:04 AM »
Done.. However I think I messed up somewhere and didn't send Rob Andrews a facebook message. I'll send him a message later and try to get him to sponsor H.R 3212

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 11:08:08 AM »
Thank you, phillyone!

Offline Diane

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 03:38:27 PM »
Hi there, POPVOX user,[/font]We wanted to alert you on an upcoming vote in the House. You weighed in on a bill related to international child abduction, and now's a good to contact Congress about this bill and share it with your networks. (Learn more about POPVOX.)[/i]

[/font][/size]Sean and David Goldman International Child Abduction Prevention and Return Act (HR 3212) -- Possible House vote this week
[/size]
To ensure compliance with the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction by countries with which the United States enjoys reciprocal obligations, to establish procedures for the prompt return of children abducted to other countries. [/font]- [/font]https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr3212

See what else Congress will vote on
this week.
[/font]___________________________________________________________________________[/font]_[/font]
Thanks for using POPVOX! We hope you connect with us on Facebook at
http://www.facebook.com/POPVOXnation or on Twitter
[/t][/size][/font]

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
HR 3212 was originally scheduled to be debated and voted on tomorrow, but we've just been notified that it's been Wednesday, 12/11/13. Team BSHF will be there!

Offline Trevor Richardson

• Left Behind Parent
    • Bring Andrew Home
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
Was there a vote today?  It seems it was postponed...any updates?
Trevor A. Richardson

Offline pam.in.ny

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »
Trevor, the bill passed the today. 398 to 0.  :) :) :)

Offline Trevor Richardson

• Left Behind Parent
    • Bring Andrew Home
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 10:29:13 AM »
That is great news!  Now we need the senate to follow suit. 

Finally some traction with legislation aimed at holding non-compliant countries accountable.
Trevor A. Richardson