Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - Tell Congress you support H.R. 3212  (Read 3840 times)

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: WE NEED YOUR HELP! - Tell Congress you support H.R. 3212
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »
Political suicide to vote against this bill...  especially w/ groups and people like BSHF and Congressman Smith there to speak to the need for it.

I expected a unanimous vote, or very close to it, and very much looked forward to supporting the political opponents of anyone who voted against it to make them an example and cautionary tale for other politicians.

There has never been a partisan aspect to this issue.

Preventing the passage of this bill has always required preventing it from ever being voted on (which I have no doubt State has done quietly behind closed doors since, if not before, its inception.)

I believe that, having been passed by the House, the Senate cannot avoid holding a vote... which will also pass in very similar fashion.

Once that happens we must ensure that it is actually funded and enforced.... unlike the International Parental Kidnapping Crime Act of '93 which is very rarely used (and was eviscerated by a signing statement by Clinton,) very poorly funded and largely ignored by Federal US Attorneys (particularly when the abductor is the mother...)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:32:46 AM by SageDad »
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi