Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Want to hear from Grandparents  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Nana

Want to hear from Grandparents
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:32:27 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forum I am interested in hearing from Grandparents that have had Grandchildren abducted. Our daughter's three children were abducted from the United States by her estranged husband to Jordan  4 and a half years ago. Between my husband and I we spent three years taking turns living with her. At one point she had her children and he had visitation where he had them for two days a week and as we expected, one day he just did not bring them home. So for the past year and a half she has not seen her children, except for a visit a couple of weeks ago. The father has been in Jail for 14 months in Jordan for kidnapping.the authorities say "what do you want us to do, he is in Jail"  His family has been hiding the children. He has used the children to make her do what he wants. We have been going through the legal system in Jordan,they say women have rights but NO ONE enforces them.

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Want to hear from Grandparents
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »
I know there is at least one grandparent on the board (Diane).  Her grandson, Sage Bermudez, was abducted to Mexico in June 2008.  Sage's Dad is on the board as well (SageDad).

I'm sorry to hear about the abduction of your grandchildren.  The children's dad is in jail for kidnapping (his children???) but their government won't return the children (even though they admit he kidnapped them)?  It's so crazy! 
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Nana

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
He is in jail until he returns the children and so far he has refused to do so. His latest plea is for her to re-marry him and he will give her kids back!

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
Well, I hope they keep him there.  Hopefully their courts will do something and soon.  Why can't his family be brought in by law enforcement and questioned?  They are breaking the law by harboring abducted children.  Such a shame! 

Foreign courts seem to enforce laws, but only when it's convenient for their citizens.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman

Offline Nana

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
That is what she is pursuing right now, she has filed Criminal charges against his entire family. Her lawyer told her the case is about a third complete and will take about three more months. 

Offline jeannesavela

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »
My son's only child (and my only grandchild) was abducted to Taiwan by his mother almost 2 1/2 years ago. (Can I post his name? I was advised that by posting his name wherever I could it would create a cyber trail for him to follow when he's old enough to search on his own.) My son has gone to Taiwan several times, and is currently living at home with me to save money and go back. My grandson's family in Taiwan repeatedly lie about knowing where the child is. My son has applied for and received full legal custody of his son in the United States. Our government doesn't recognize the Taiwanese government; a Taiwanese (female) attorney and other officials have told my son that there is nothing they can do for him. I won't even go into what it took for my son just to file a missing persons report in the U.S. on his son when he was abducted! I feel helpless. I am poor. I know that all I have to offer is good - my emotional support, a home to share, etc., but I want to do more and I can't.

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
Are the child's initials DTM?

Offline Nana

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 08:54:41 PM »
jeannesavela
I am so sorry that this happened to your family. Stay strong and please stay in touch with this site. I joined shortly after my Grandchildren were taken but I didn't maintain contact with the site , I think I could have learned a lot from the people on here.