Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Welfare and Whereabouts Visit  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Nana

Welfare and Whereabouts Visit
« on: March 22, 2014, 08:26:07 AM »
I know that this topic was recently discussed, but I have some other questions concerning it. We have asked the Embassy in Jordan to go and make a visit to the children but unless the father agrees the Embassy will not go to visit the children. Because they are American citizens , have they no rights to make sure they are safe and being cared for. What about the rights of the children, concerning the father is in jail and has been for 15 months. His family is hiding the children. We have been trying to get in touch with an international Lawyer in NJ but have had no luck as of yet. As most of you know the legal system is slow and cumbersome anyplace, and even more so in a foreign country.  We are pursuing criminal charges against his family for kidnapping but it is about a third of the way done. In the meantime who knows what is happening to the children.

Offline rmakielski

• Left Behind Parent
  • Isabel & Gabriel Abducted to the DR Jan 20, 2011
    • Help Bring Gabriel and Isabel Home
Re: Welfare and Whereabouts Visit
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »
There was a Report to the Attorney General on International Parental Child Abductions put out in 2009... As far as I know, nothing has changed.  " The abductor may refuse to allow U.S. authorities to visit the child and/or to disclose the child’s foreign address to the left-behind parent. If the abductor will not permit the consular officer to see the child, the U.S. Embassy or consulate can request the assistance of local authorities, either to arrange for such a visit or to have the appropriate local official make a visit and provide a report on the child’s health and welfare."
I place the my children rights above my own; Children have the right to have a relationship with both parents; I stand against domestic violence and child abuse; The amicable return of Abducted children is the best solution; I will obey the laws of the United States

Offline Bree

• Veteran Member
Re: Welfare and Whereabouts Visit
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Just a few days ago (April 3rd), Ambassador Jacobs tweeted:

"In #Jordan, very pleased with conversations about #HagueConvention re: intl parental #childabduction"

I wonder which case(s) was discussed.
"Every parent who has a child and they tuck him in at night, or her in at night, and they wish the best and only the best and they will always protect the child and do whatever they can, but most of the time they don't have to prove it. I'm in the proving grounds, to myself and to my child.  I have to get him home and I will do whatever I have to. I'll never stop to save him."  --David Goldman