Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Rio Gringa

"Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=60017730

A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.

What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1

I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.

Offline joey2051

Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »
Is free speech a constituational right in Brazil.  Because apprently he doesn't think so since he thinks your liable for posting factual information on your blog...

BTW don't change what you do one bit, don't give in at all........

Offline Aida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »
Rio Gringa just be carefull. You are not doing anything wrong. You are putting out the truth. They Can't say the same.;)

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
Good Lord, is JPLS goes after bloggers now it's the end of the world, really.

Rachel, if you have anything in orkut open to the public (pictures, scrapbook, etc) I suggest you make it "friends only". Just to be cautious...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:38:15 PM by liesl78 »
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 10:38:25 PM »
Rachelle... I'm worried for you. Please be careful.  I think you need to post this on your blog (if you haven't already).
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.

Offline Teena

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:14 PM »
Rachel....don't let them intimidate you. That is exactly what they want. But if you truely feel that your personal safety is threatened maybe you should just lay low for awhile. David wouldn't want you to feel threatened I am sure.
Teena Duffy
BringSeanHome.org

Offline KarmaGirl

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »
Quote from: Wendy;9835
Rachelle... I'm worried for you. Please be careful. I think you need to post this on your blog (if you haven't already).
--------------------------

I agree, post on your blog that they are trying to use lies and intimidation against you. The best protection you have is to tell the world what they are doing to you.

You are obviously making an impact, or they wouldn't pay any attention to you.  They are embroiled in suing the hospital (litigious family) and all this going on now where they are trying to lie to the public (lying and manipulation takes time) .  .  . they wouldn't go after you unless they felt you were making a huge difference for David.

We know you are not doing anything but what we are all doing . . .fighting for TRUTH AND JUSTICE!

I've received lots of nasty notes from people, because of my postings. They are the JPLS supporters, of course. One person tried to entice me to "be their friend" and I looked up their name, did some research, and found out it is someone posting youtube videos for the kidnappers.  Once I was their friend, I wonder what plans they had for me?  They are so sneaky and corrupt.

They are trying to get to us all, to silence us.   I guess they are so used to intimidating, and abusing their power, they don't know any other way to handle things.

You are making a huge difference, Rachel, so I hope you can keep spreading the word, however I also know that David would want you to look after yourself first.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:46:24 PM by KarmaGirl »
The arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.   MLK jr

Offline Aida

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:46:25 PM »
Quote from: KarmaGirl;9839
--------------------------

I agree, post on your blog that they are trying to use lies and intimidation against you. The best protection you have is to tell the world what they are doing to you.

You are obvliously making an impact, or they wouldn't pay any attention to you.

I've received lots of nasty notes from people, because of my postings. They are the JPLS supporters, of course. One person tried to entice me to "be their friend" and I looked up their name, did some research, and found out it is someone posting youtube videos for the kidnappers.

So, they are trying to get to us all. I guess they are so used to intimidating, and abusing their power, they don't know any other way to handle things.

You are making a huge difference, Rachel, so I hope you can keep spreading the word, however I also know that David would want you to look after yourself first.

Right on Sister. The nerve of these people!:madgo:

Offline forsean

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;9824

A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.

What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1

I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.

Oh my...the 333 members I could care less about but, YOU, on the other hand, I do!  You have done nothing wrong and you are doing what they're doing and that's speaking out on your feelings about David and Sean.  Just always look over your shoulder but don't worry too much.

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »
I am posting on Orkut...time to let these people know the truth.  I'm using Google translator so if anyone can check out my posts and make sure I'm not making an XXX of myself I'd appreciate it.  I think they need to know we are aware that Rachell is on their radar and we've got her back!
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.

~ B. C. Forbes ~

"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

Offline Wendy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:56:35 PM »
K..it's too difficult for me to post there, not being able to speak Portugese (doh)...I posted a link to Ricardo's letter...hopefully that will help...we'll see.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:57:19 PM by Wendy »

~ B. C. Forbes ~

Offline mfer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 11:00:09 PM »
Rachel,

You must be doing something right to get their attention.  Perhaps a statement on your blog w/ their post as well as renouncing their claims.  I am so sorry you are trying to do a good thing & you don't deserve this.  Be careful.

Offline André Felipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 11:37:15 PM »

If someone from the Orkut threatened you, print and send to Police.

In the past 2 years I´ve seen many judicial proceedings envolving Orkut, about offenses, threats, etc.

As you are in Brasil, you shouldn´t talk about Sean and this proceeding in your blog, because of the judicial secrecy. The LeS prosecuted journals and TV channels because of that, but it seems they have forgot you.

Now, they are disobeying the law too, so I don´t believe they will sue you because of what you writes in your blog. They have guilt now.

Becarefull, do not accuse or offend then in your blog, otherwise you are giving then opportunity to sue you. Becareful with your words, show support, but don´t accuse or write something that can be interpreted as an insult.

Offline Kathleen

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 12:18:09 AM »

Hi Rachel, I hate to think you are nervous down there.  I was also thinking of you being on their radar.  Fortunately, you aren't working illegally and are doing nothing wrong.  If you are uncomfortable though, don't feel pressure to continue or take steps that make you feel more secure.  You are doing a great job and have been very gutsy but you need to take care of yourself too!

Offline Mom25

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:47:19 AM »
Quote from: Wendy;9845
I am posting on Orkut...time to let these people know the truth.  I'm using Google translator so if anyone can check out my posts and make sure I'm not making an XXX of myself I'd appreciate it.  I think they need to know we are aware that Rachell is on their radar and we've got her back!

Wendy - I love your energy and initiatives!!
Rachel - if you need that "special" help there, let it be known! (you know the rest!)
Mom25 (She of Many Names)
A união faz a força