Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut  (Read 7989 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline beerstuber

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 11
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:50 AM »
Has anypne else been kicked out of the Orjut group?
 
I am  happy to say that I have the honor of having been banned.  Yippie.
 
Wendy, I am surprised that you haven't been kicked out yet.
 
I just signed up under another email and went to town all over again.

Offline KS MONTANA

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 58
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
Quote from: beerstuber;9885
Has anypne else been kicked out of the Orjut group?
 
I am happy to say that I have the honor of having been banned. Yippie.
 
Wendy, I am surprised that you haven't been kicked out yet.
 
I just signed up under another email and went to town all over again.

You go Beerstuber, open up a can of whoop-*ss!!!!

Offline caique mateus

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 228
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 04:31:11 AM »
Ok, Rachel, as usual, they are shooting their own feet. What this person got is to have you blog better known, which was pointed by other members.
 
It seems to be an action of someone with too much time, which, unfortunatelly, is not being used to think. I wouldn't worry too much about this post.
 
However, and following André Felipe's post, I would avoid anything that may sound like an insult, e.g. "lies and snakes".
 
You know, the truth has a strong voice, all we need is to show the facts. They were stronger when they could shut up all the voices. Now they are weaker and weaker, day after day.

Offline Bo1

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 324
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;9824
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=60017730

A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.

What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1

I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.



Rio Gringa, I told Mark DeAngelis that last year, that being here in Brazil and contesting the LeS's in public is not a safe pastime.

You need to be careful.

Offline roger

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 598
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;9824
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=60017730
 
A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.
 
What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)
 
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1
 
I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.

Rachel, it's very simple: you go to one police station that is specialized in cybercrimes, located very near the Sambadrome. You can easily find that online.
 
They will issue a notice to Google in Brazil saying that they are investigating the threat (and, believe me, they will be, and quickly) and demand that Orkut removes this user from Orkut altogether.

Offline M.Capestro

  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2247
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 07:54:08 AM »
Quote from: roger;9909
Rachel, it's very simple: you go to one police station that is specialized in cybercrimes, located very near the Sambadrome. You can easily find that online.
 
They will issue a notice to Google in Brazil saying that they are investigating the threat (and, believe me, they will be, and quickly) and demand that Orkut removes this user from Orkut altogether.

 
I agree with Roger. I would also agree with the person above that you should go public and post this threat to your blog with a rebuttal statement.

Offline tenorplus

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 689
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 08:12:46 AM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;9824
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=60017730
 
A number of LeS supporters began a group on Orkut that means "Leave Sean alone." It has 333 members and a lot of them are the ones who did the protest on Sunday and are rallying for Sean to stay in Brazil.
 
What concerns me, however, is a post written specifically about me and my blog, essentially speculating that I'm illegal and working illegally as "David's spokesperson." (Obviously, I am not)
 
http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=60017730&tid=5314232081306627924&start=1
 
I've always been concerned that the LeS would go after me sometime, and now I must admit I'm more concerned. They've got bigger fish to fry, but they have me on their radar and that worries me.

THANKS for the update - obviously they are really getting more and more afraid of the truth finally coming out. BE CAREFUL - you have been a terrific support for David and to this cause in Brazil!!! Watch 'behind' - I have no trust in JPLS and his gang. IF you ever feel more directly threatened - get to the Consulate!! We are concerned - and we are here for you ALL THE WAY.
 
We need to counter their OKURT attempts anyway we can. 333 is not a large number, when you look at the international support for David via our petition, FB MySpace, etc. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline paigefaust10

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 468
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 12:16:29 PM »
Rachel, you've have done an exceptional job over there and you're a huge support for David. But I agree with everyone else, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! I would take the advice of Roger, if you feel comfortable going to the police.

Offline liesl78

  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2105
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »
I think Rachel said in orkut that they deleted that topic.
Liesl78
Moderator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Teena

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2154
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 12:21:21 PM »
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger
Rachel, it's very simple: you go to one police station that is specialized in cybercrimes, located very near the Sambadrome. You can easily find that online.

They will issue a notice to Google in Brazil saying that they are investigating the threat (and, believe me, they will be, and quickly) and demand that Orkut removes this user from Orkut altogether.



I agree with Roger. I would also agree with the person above that you should go public and post this threat to your blog with a rebuttal statement.
 
 
Rachel, I agree w/both of these suggestions.
Teena Duffy
Moderator
BringSeanHome.org

Offline Irish17

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 325
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 12:29:21 PM »
Rachel, first you need to remember that your personal safety and life come first no matter what.  The pure fact that the Lies e Snakes as you call them have been able to manipulate Orkut into another pwn for them and act for them is shameful. How ever, I would follow Rogers advise and have it investigated completely.  See how they like their own medicine.
 
In any case, please be careful and take care of your self.  
 
:)

Offline Winifred

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 51
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »
I see they call the group leave Sean B alone.  His name is Sean Goldman, not Sean Bianchi.  It's like they are trying to change his identity.

Offline Rio Gringa

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 398
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
The thread on the group has in fact been deleted.

Sorry for overreacting and getting freaked out, I just have to admit I never really feel safe here, and especially now with my involvement in the case.

Offline anna42

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 12:43:45 PM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;10095
The thread on the group has in fact been deleted.
 
Sorry for overreacting and getting freaked out, I just have to admit I never really feel safe here, and especially now with my involvement in the case.

 
Please stay safe.  Thank you for all that you have done!

Offline Wendy

  • Veteran Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1914
Re: "Leave Sean Alone" group on Orkut
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
Quote from: Rio Gringa;10095
The thread on the group has in fact been deleted.
 
Sorry for overreacting and getting freaked out, I just have to admit I never really feel safe here, and especially now with my involvement in the case.

I don't think you over-reacted at all!! Look what these people have done to Sean! Who KNOWS what they are capable of!  You need to be careful and posting about these types of things is definitely a way to protect yourself!  Please don't ever feel that you can't tell us when you are nervous about this type of thing.  I don't know David personally, but I'm sure like any of us, he would be devastated if anything happened to anyone who is helping him in this fight.
 
Stay safe!! :hug::hug:
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
 
~ B. C. Forbes ~
 
"It doesn't matter which way you cut this. If you abduct a child from a country and remove it from its parents, its other parent and its extended family and its culture, it is one of the most extreme forms of child abuse that you can inflict upon a child."

well said by Ken Thompson.